• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

bjork

Crows is replaced by Voltron? I was dying enough inside, then I see

That's Hanaki Guriko, the strongest man in the town! The third man to ever hold the "Bullshit" belt buckle, signifying the unofficial top of Suzuran!
I know you don't care, heh

X1moXqP.jpg

Also Hana being Voltron while Bouya is Allura is insane because Bouya only lost to Rindaman and he would've absolutely rolled Hana.

0 stamina coming after all the recent reincarnated evo is nice

Time to max level all your monsters!
I can't see myself grinding out 16M experience of high/king dragons, zero stamina or not. Even with a button farm team, that's a lot of time feeding.

Will be nice for free rank ups during guerrilla time slots though.

jiggle

I can't see myself grinding out 16M experience of high/king dragons, zero stamina or not. Even with a button farm team, that's a lot of time feeding.
You also fill up on super kings from dailies, between each rank ups :)

Or tamadras (or extreme king metals)from coin dungeons between rank ups!

I'm at the point in the 500s where it's ~1mil exp to rank up, so with the typically low Exp from guerrillas and dailies that's basically ~25-26 runs of Legendary Earth to rank up, which is too much for me mentally.

I think I'm mostly going to use it to take care of my Challenge runs, honestly.

edit: Although this is a good way to get my alt further off the ground, too...

Negator

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the last stream and the news from it was just so disappointing. My stamina has been capped all day and I don't even feel like opening the app. This company feels so tone-deaf, did they really think this collab would excite anyone but the most die-hard Voltron fans? After months of hype and potential, it all came down to...this?

I'm not even hyped for 0 stam normals anymore. Why would I bother spending hours to spam it to level up cards that are always missing critical team components to work. I could work on maxing out these Hakus, but it just feels so damn pointless.

Even the hardcore JP grinders gave up on 0stam normals farming after like a day. Definitely take advantage of it for challenge mode stones, though, especially before the reset in the next patch.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Game is practically unplayable until they undo the stupid evolve menu garbage tbh.

Another challenge where level 10 is worlds easier than level 9.

Fuck Lucifer.

That is all.

EDIT: Can using the SBR badge actually work if you get lucky? I have no hope of solving a DKali board.

Bladelaw

Fuck Lucifer.

That is all.

EDIT: Can using the SBR badge actually work if you get lucky? I have no hope of solving a DKali board.
Yes it's what I did.

For the duration of 0 stam normals I'm keeping Ganesha with Grimmjow inherit up in my bff slot. If anyone on my friends list could do the same I'd be super appreciative. I can basically button the last floor of legendary earth with this setup:
Ganesha (Grimmjow), Blodin(Grimmjow), Dk Tsubaki (Grimmjow), Tengu (lubu), Tengu(Balboa), friend Ganesha (Grimmjow).

Turn 1 Balboa, match whatever to kill each floor, then lubu and Grimmjow x4 the final floor for the win.

NineH

Yes it's what I did.

For the duration of 0 stam normals I'm keeping Ganesha with Grimmjow inherit up in my bff slot. If anyone on my friends list could do the same I'd be super appreciative. I can basically button the last floor of legendary earth with this setup:
Ganesha (Grimmjow), Blodin(Grimmjow), Dk Tsubaki (Grimmjow), Tengu (lubu), Tengu(Balboa), friend Ganesha (Grimmjow).

Turn 1 Balboa, match whatever to kill each floor, then lubu and Grimmjow x4 the final floor for the win.

do you need a max skilled Grimmjow inherited or is a skill level 1 Grimmjow ok? We are already best friends so I can do either one for you as I also have Ganesha in my bff slot as well without an inherited skill on it right now.

jiggle

Kinda bummed i dont have the subs or assists for double ganesha

Will be running
Ganesha tsubaki rodin rodin tengu(famiel) goemon

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You can get most of the functionality back by going to the extra menu and selecting "evolvable"

Nah I've been doing it and that shit sucks too. Just going to wait until the patch that reverts it. I can't keep my boxes and evo mats organized like this.

LiQuid!

Rofl Pidge on both accounts. Good riddance to this collab.

Bladelaw

do you need a max skilled Grimmjow inherited or is a skill level 1 Grimmjow ok? We are already best friends so I can do either one for you as I also have Ganesha in my bff slot as well without an inherited skill on it right now.
It needs to have a combined cooldown of 21 to be up in time.

Voltron:
Free rolls
Lance
Lance

Stone rolls:
Keith
Pidge
Coran
Allura

And that's going to be it.

J0dy77

Fuck Lucifer.

That is all.

It was the flip for me this time. I've been playing so much Ra Dra that lucifer is pretty trivial. Cleared 9 on the first try but kept half assing C10 and never got through it.

You can get most of the functionality back by going to the extra menu and selecting "evolvable"

Second this, I was annoyed with the evolve menu until I found this option with the + egg menu. This is actually better than it ever was in the past because you can see everything that's ready to go group together.

Aesnath

After the stream showing the general disappointment of the Voltron collab (it's OK, but not particularly good, Voltron itself is a disappointing lead), I rolled on the trap gala again: Got a Carat!

Then freerolled the Voltron princess, who seems like a budget wedding eschamali. Now if I only had a light-based team.

Anyone know when the coin dungeons rotate? I still need a gadius skill-up and I have an unskilled Saria, but no skill-up bonus means it would be a bad idea overall right now. Want to know if I can at least wait until Wednesday (when we'll probably get 2.5x).

Jagernaut

After the stream showing the general disappointment of the Voltron collab (it's OK, but not particularly good, Voltron itself is a disappointing lead), I rolled on the trap gala again: Got a Carat!

Then freerolled the Voltron princess, who seems like a budget wedding eschamali. Now if I only had a light-based team.

Anyone know when the coin dungeons rotate? I still need a gadius skill-up and I have an unskilled Saria, but no skill-up bonus means it would be a bad idea overall right now. Want to know if I can at least wait until Wednesday (when we'll probably get 2.5x).

The coin dungeons rotate in a week, around the end and middle of each month.

Aesnath

The coin dungeons rotate in a week, around the end and middle of each month.

So I should be safe until wednesday. They also announce coin rotations the day before, right?

Free roll - Hunk
Yolo roll - Keith

Usable skills for silver eggs.

Yeah, I think the floor on Voltron is OK, nearly all of the silvers have good skills and they can all be inherited. The problem is that the ceiling isn't very high with Voltron being the only 6* and being a pretty underwhelming lead (I mean, even if he had an RCV bonus, the team would likely have recovery problems due to machine/physical typing).

Quantum

- silvers on main/alt

- had enough stones for a second pull and opted to pull on the gemstone carnival rather than voltron, which defines my opinion of the voltron collab.

- I'm kinda sad that the last godfest featured two of the staple D.Athena team mobs and the hype made people pull only to have a promised US only collab the next event - then make the collab basically a re-skin (which many predicted) is depressing.

I understand that Gungho was in a tough position and did not want to upset JPN players, but the absolute lack of thought or care about the US players continues to frustrate me - and of course made me hold my wallet (since Heroine REM).

- the actual machine (the voltron dragon hybrid thing you make your pull from) is awesome - I like it better then the actual mob graphics.
- running a button press earth team for minimal amusement, will likely get bored of it really quickly as average feed is 250k per run.

Bladelaw

If you're like me and want Voltron cards because you're terrible with stones, or have an unhealthy love of the IP here's some uses for the cards:

4*
Hunk: good Myr team inherit. It's arguably better than Elia (Haste vs jammer clear & longer cooldown) depending on the dungeon.
Pidge: Probably the worst card in the set, good for removing time debuffs or baiting dispels, not much else.
Lance: Ruel inherit is probably his best home, nice machine teams can use him too but there aren't many machine teams lacking damage.
Keith: Yamamoto farm teams, Awoken Cao Cao farm teams, Panic button for HP dependent teams (Mhera, Mzeus, etc).
Coran: Meri's most obtainable unlocker. Actually a pretty good inherit for most water teams if locks are coming (Super Descend Rush and Mzeus especially).

5*
Shiro: arguably worse than Coran but there's a case to be made on awoken indra/vritra as an ideal home. Plenty of dark (or Light) teams can use the unlock in the few dungeons it's a problem.
Allura: Great on Sakuya, Mzeus, RKush, and Dathena in the absence of a Valkyrie option for 7 combo + defense break. Also a useful replacement for pollux when godkiller is a liability (but Devil Killer isn't). Probably the best card in the collab since she's actually usable.

6*
Voltron: As a lead he'll have stupid RCV issues, Keith becomes his best active allowing you to heal and (in theory) kill on the same turn. If you rolled Voltron odds are decent you have a few Keith inherits to contribute. As a sub he's an ok Yamato replacement if you don't need the RCV and just need the SB. As an inherit I can see him living with Dantalion, Krishna, and RShiva. A decent card but a let down for a 6* collab.

IMO Coran, Allura, and Voltron (maybe Hunk) are things to be happy pulling and if you're not like me and don't REALLY like Voltron I'd skip unless you farm SDR with Meri.

W-00

Pulled Keith on my main. Since my main has Yamamoto but no Chad, I'm okay with this.
Pulled Coran on my alt. It's nice that Meri has an orb-unlocker now.

I'm now tempted to roll in the Trap Gala, but I'd really prefer to wait until we know what will be in the next GF. I only have a few rolls available to me and I've decided that I'm not whaling again until DAthena.

It was the flip for me this time. I've been playing so much Ra Dra that lucifer is pretty trivial. Cleared 9 on the first try but kept half assing C10 and never got through it.
I've never played a rainbow lead/combo lead and it's held me back in this regard. I can hit 7 combos pretty regularly with boards with less orb types but DKali boards where all types are present and 2 colors have only 3 orbs available and each one is in a separate corner are just fail for me. I can't really complain though because DK Tsubaki is like the Fujin for dragons and has made so much stuff trivial. C10 was full of them so my Krishna team handled it pretty easily with her on board.

Also,

Hunk
Coran
Hunk
Coran

Yep, feels like a colab REM.

I've never played a rainbow lead/combo lead and it's held me back in this regard. I can hit 7 combos pretty regularly with boards with less orb types but DKali boards where all types are present and 2 colors have only 3 orbs available and each one is in a separate corner are just fail for me. I can't really complain though because DK Tsubaki is like the Fujin for dragons and has made so much stuff trivial. C10 was full of them so my Krishna team handled it pretty easily with her on board.

I feel you, I have 4 DKalis and have used them exactly never because I am not confident in my ability to match a pristine DKali board. It's a weird feeling to be drowning in what seems to be everyone's white whale but not have any use for her :/

I suppose it's worth trying to improve now that combo leads are worming their way back into the top tiers but I'm very very glad there are easy leaders like Ilm/Meri/YomiDra for tired and slow scrubs like moi.

Aesnath

I feel you, I have 4 DKalis and have used them exactly never because I am not confident in my ability to match a pristine DKali board. It's a weird feeling to be drowning in what seems to be everyone's white whale but not have any use for her :/

I suppose it's worth trying to improve now that combo leads are worming their way back into the top tiers but I'm very very glad there are easy leaders like Ilm/Meri/YomiDra for tired and slow scrubs like moi.

I still feel like a loser for the whole anubis thing. I have, incidentally, what would be considered a solid Anubis team of Anubis/DD Cecil/Diochan/Diochan/R. Yomi, and god help me, I'm not sure I could make enough combos with all the time in the world.

I've started to think it is a spatial reasoning thing--it has never been my strong suit. I get lost easily and am not great at some spatial relationship tasks. I'm good at fluid reasoning, a related concept, but mostly as it applies to novel problem solving. I'm a psychologist; makes me sad.

Bladelaw

Man I wish Voltron was a rainbow lead with either a "on x combo get y RCV" or the shield variant after x combos. Either that or make him red Orpharion and make his evo parts drop in the collab dungeon. Something to indicate his combined nature. It just feels like a huge missed opportunity. Making him a typed "tank" (but not really) lead just feels off about the whole thing.

Here's hoping the collab comes back with some improvements with the next season of Voltron.

J0dy77

Also,

Hunk
Coran
Hunk
Coran

Yep, feels like a colab REM.

Two things I can recommend to really help with combo leads/D. Kali boards. Focus on trying to solve sections of the board and just keep practicing. The more you play a Ra Dra the better and better you'll get.

To add to the sections comment, The best way to match is to to break the boards down into 4 quadrants. if you start in the bottom left you want to solve to horizontal combos there, then move to the top left and do 3 vertical combos. This way you have an entire half of the board solved and can work within the remaining half. When I first played combo leads I focused on specific colors and making random combos instead of solving the entire board. With the amount of time extend we get now, you can manipulate the entire board. I gauge each round by whether I left any additional combos on the board and usually only have 3-5 orbs left in total.

Watch some of the high end players on youtube, they do this all the time. Really helped me a lot.

Thanks for the tips!

So when moving quadrant to quadrant, what is the strategy when an orb(s) in a quad can't be matched because their pairs are far away? Is it just a matter of matching at great speed so you ignore those at first and those that can't be matched right away just end up near their friends because you matched everything else?

W-00

I decided that since I was getting stones from finishing up challenge mode, I might as well roll in the Trap Carnival to motivate myself.

Alt: Barbarossa. Well, I could make a team for him (Barbarossa/Merlin/Gabriel/A. Karin/Ryune). And I could modify my main's Sarasvati team so that it paired reasonably well with him (so that Sarasvati would be the only one not getting the attacker bonus). Even if I don't go that route, he'll at least be a decent inherit.

Main: Silk. My main's first Jewel Princess (also the only Jewel Princess my alt has - Silk must like me). I suppose I could inherit her on my Yamamoto. Elgenubi is on the team, so it has plenty of fire enhances. Or, given that she's an unbindable soft bind-clear, I could use her as a member of the team and replace Rozuel (because her TPAs don't really add to a row-based team like Yamamoto). Maybe inherit Urd on top of her. But would I really want my spike to have another skill inherited on top of it?

Bladelaw

Thanks for the tips!

So when moving quadrant to quadrant, what is the strategy when an orb(s) in a quad can't be matched because their pairs are far away? Is it just a matter of matching at great speed so you ignore those at first and those that can't be matched right away just end up near their friends because you matched everything else?

If I'm working with a board and all my orbs are scattered to the four winds I do my best to consolidate. I grab the orb that's going to be the worst to get into the right position and work with that. The key here is build the other matches while gradually getting the distant orbs closer together, eventually there just isn't enough board left for them to be far apart. If it's Ra Dragon and I have forever and won't die in the next hit I'll just burn a turn and set the board up. Watch Reco play Anubis and you'll occasionally see him build a staircase of orbs that all he'll need to do on the next turn is pass through in one motion to make 3+ combos. The same strat works for Ra Dragon.

Stratum 7 in Snake Labyrinth is fucking rough. 10 floors of A2/A3 difficulty mobs, topped off with a battle against Anubis who puts up a 10+ combo shield and does board change to poison every turn. Thinking about making a poison resist gimmick team, but I'm not sure if it could survive the rest of the dungeon.

J0dy77

Thanks for the tips!

Bingo. That was the biggest epiphany for me. If you focus on individual matches across the board you waste a ton of time and motion. If you focus on sections the orbs that were far apart end up pushed together with half the board already solved.

To take it a step further with Ra dra. Most of the team damage comes from TPA so I do one horizontal match on bottom or top and then 3 TPA to complete half the board. With one light TPA and 25x activation, Ra dra and Kanna still hit for over a million.

Jagernaut

Legendary Earth is easy to button through with Ganesha/Beach Goemon (extra skill boost). Dragon Killer Tsubaki is the mvp here, killing the boss single handedly.

Ganesha
Rodin - row version
Rodin Tamazo
DK Tsubaki - A Ra
Tengu - A Ra
Goemon

WK7E

Is it possible with double Ganesha?

Legendary Earth is easy to button through with Ganesha/Beach Goemon (extra skill boost). Dragon Killer Tsubaki is the mvp here, killing the boss single handedly.

Ganesha
Rodin - row version
Rodin Tamazo
DK Tsubaki - A Ra
Tengu - A Ra
Goemon

WK7E

For double I think you need a bunch of high attack things assisted with hi damage nukes like Grimmjow for the final floor after def-breaking the first 4.

I'm doing similar to you and using Ganesha, Balboa, DK Tsubakix2, Avalon Drake (for SB), and friend Ilm. Balboa first turn and match to kill 4 floors, then Ilm board and Tsubakis clear out 5.

Bladelaw

Stratum 7 in Snake Labyrinth is fucking rough. 10 floors of A2/A3 difficulty mobs, topped off with a battle against Anubis who puts up a 10+ combo shield and does board change to poison every turn. Thinking about making a poison resist gimmick team, but I'm not sure if it could survive the rest of the dungeon.
If you can field it a serket team might work, good luck finding a friend though.

11.1 patch got announced for JP, the most important addition is a new "extra attack" awakening that adds a kagu-like additional attack for matching a column of hearts. See ya resolve monsters

bjork

I found myself in a bookoff yesterday, and I bought a full run of the Crows manga. Somehow that made me feel better about this voltron business.

I'm working on a dark team, and currently trying to level Awoken Persphone and Haku for their reincarnated forms. Is it generally safe to assume that the reincarnated forms are always the ones to go for?

I found myself in a bookoff yesterday, and I bought a full run of the Crows manga. Somehow that made me feel better about this voltron business.

I'm working on a dark team, and currently trying to level Awoken Persphone and Haku for their reincarnated forms. Is it generally safe to assume that the reincarnated forms are always the ones to go for?
Unless you lose color coverage in the reincarnation, yeah. Also it takes a lot of exp (like 12m at the minimum) before the stat gains start to go beyond the awoken form, so if you can't feed them at the moment you might want to hold off temporarily.

Bladelaw

Ganesha
Rodin - row version
Rodin Tamazo
DK Tsubaki - A Ra
Tengu - A Ra
Goemon

WK7E

My double Ganesha Legendary earth farming team:

Ganesha (Grimmjow)
Blodin (Grimmjow)
DK Tsubaki (Grimmjow)
Tengu (Balboa)
Tengu (Lu Bu)
Ganesha (Grimmjow)

Balboa Floor 1, 5 match every turn till the last floor then pop Lu Bu-->Grimmjow-->Grimmjow-->Grimmjow-->Grimmjow and win. Lu Bu can be any self nuke. It's a little slower than a full button team but get extra rank XP and that's what I'm here for so I save time in the long run. I'm hoping there's a way to just straight up button the whole dungeon with double Ganesha but I haven't experimented too much.

Also someone please get me to stop rolling Voltron. I have a team of Allura's. I'm just missing Shiro and Voltron himself.

Aesnath

Anyone got any strategies to challenge mode the higher end normals? I actually haven't tried them yet, but it seems like doing several million damage on a 10x or less without ideal subs could be pretty hard.

Top Bottom