• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Talents

Banned
Plat 3 lan feels like gold 5 na

I'm convinced NA is a garbage region. My Lee jungle threw our one chance to get back into a game by missing his smite on baron

against an Ashe ult.

:)

Better top won :thinking:
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3RodW1iLmd5YXpvLmNvbS90aHVtYi8xMjAwL19kZTllZTI5Y2ZhNzdiMDM0Y2Q0N2NkZjk0NWJlZWY5Yi1wbmcuanBnIn0.n0VreDVSNRYYVszmBkM_KuDRg58

Ever

Banned
Plat 3 lan feels like gold 5 na

I should run over there and hit diamond xd

I'm convinced NA is a garbage region. My Lee jungle threw our one chance to get back into a game by missing his smite on baron

against an Ashe ult.

:)

Better top won :thinking:

I love those kinds of smites

Reminds me of one time in my promos where Graves failed smite and lost it to thresh hook

then gets caught and call gg

we came back and carried him but man if it didn't take every molecule of self control to not flame him until the heat death of the universe

Nekofrog

Banned
The only reason I say that is because tactics that stop working in na for me (blind aggression with no concern for enemy jungle) stopped working mid gold on na, but I can do the same thing in every match so far in plat on lan and rarely get punished. Most enemy top laners play like they have no idea how to lane in top. Mid lane they're actually pretty good unless it's zed, most zed players are still hit or miss like na. I can definitely feel a higher skill level in mid lane as opposed to top.

Overall I like it more just for the faster queue times

Ashhong

I only have enough IP on my smurf to gift one of the new champs. I play ADC and support, which one should I get? Is one more broken than the other?

zkylon

zkylewd
N7soYIJ.png

in case there was any doubt both of them fed their asses off while flaming everyone

also that soraka ran heal soraka without sighstone for some reason

i guess i reached noot's d5 hell lol

drawkcaB

Just had the most fucked up game I can recall. We lost our two nexus turrets at around the 26:00 mark. Somehow* we kept it going and won in 56:00. 30 minutes of defending base without nexus turrets.

*the opposing team were idiots. Gigantic idiots. That's how.

zkylon

zkylewd
i forgot to report the person that went "kill all the jews" in my game

where do i go report them now?

lost 4 games against the same guy and i would feel bad if i didn't report him in one game for being a giant racist asshole

B8DK49L.png

fucking rough night, went from p1 promos to 3lp and lost a game that was going 17-6, lost a 4v5 and had that heal soraka+lvl 2 at 7m jungle rakan game, holy fuck this night SUCKED

Ever

Banned
Oh really now? I can see her going mid as either an assassin (LeBlanc) counterpick, or as part of a "Protect the ADC" comp. You'd think her wave clear/DPS (or lack of it) would be an issue. Either way, when Lulu starts showing up in solo lanes, that means she's way out of line. I hope Riot takes another look at her (and Ivern) after the mid season patch.

Leezard

She's been the strongest support for a couple of patches now as well; she's been something so uncommon as a support pick that draws bans.

faridmon

She's been the strongest support for a couple of patches now as well; she's been something so uncommon as a support pick that draws bans.

Yeah, she feels quite strong for a support after that buff to her pixx dmg. Wasn't surprised to see her back in mid.

Leezard

Talking about having a champion in every lane, Jayce has been picked as jungle in challenger Korea and thus he has been in every role in a competitive game. The support game was by Mata when he was trolling though.

Merovin

After a long hiatus I have returned to the game and boy, I am struggling. Used to hover around high plat/low diamond, but currently rocking Gold IV and struggling. Almost feel like I'm starting over again with the number of changes there appears to have been as well, which is actually quite refreshing!

Any tips for getting back into the swing of things? My decision making in particular seems to have suffered the most.

zkylon

zkylewd
So Lulu mid is back in the Meta now?

neither lolalytics or champion.gg show her midlane (meaning ppl don't really play her mid) and she's only been picked as a counter to leblanc in competitive so probably not?

lulu is banned every game so not really worth it to bother learning her when there's actually strong mids to play that you can get through ban phase

So I decided to play solo ranked for the first time ever (I mostly duo queued with a friend if I ever ranked). I usually get anxiety with playing alone because I'm just not a good player. However I hoped to begin playing ranked more to get placed in an appropriate ladder and hopefully get better and climb.

But damn, not only am I a lot worse than I thought, but my team never misses the chance to shit on me. It's my fault though for playing Yasuo and Lee. I guess I thought if I stuck with a champion long enough I would eventually get better, but I guess not. I still have a lot of fun with Yasuo and it sucks that I can't play him even at my tier haha. I'm only like silver tier imo but I'm getting matched with people who were plat last season, so I think my mmr just needs to normalize itself. I lost like 4 of my current 5 placement matches, so I gotta be getting close haha. I mean I'm not asking for much, it'd be nice to just be as good as a plat player which as I understand is not a very high bar.

Anyway, what are GAF inhouses like? I've been thinking of joining one of these days to get better and be more comfortable with playing without my friends. But I'm terrible so I need to know my team would be okay with that.

Talents

Banned
So I decided to play solo ranked for the first time ever (I mostly duo queued with a friend if I ever ranked). I usually get anxiety with playing alone because I'm just not a good player. However I hoped to begin playing ranked more to get placed in an appropriate ladder and hopefully get better and climb.

But damn, not only am I a lot worse than I thought, but my team never misses the chance to shit on me. It's my fault though for playing Yasuo and Lee. I guess I thought if I stuck with a champion long enough I would eventually get better, but I guess not. I still have a lot of fun with Yasuo and it sucks that I can't play him even at my tier haha. I'm only like silver tier imo but I'm getting matched with people who were plat last season, so I think my mmr just needs to normalize itself. I lost like 4 of my current 5 placement matches, so I gotta be getting close haha. I mean I'm not asking for much, it'd be nice to just be as good as a plat player which as I understand is not a very high bar.

Anyway, what are GAF inhouses like? I've been thinking of joining one of these days to get better and be more comfortable with playing without my friends. But I'm terrible so I need to know my team would be okay with that.

Yeah Lee and Yasuo aren't the best choices if you're not very good mechanically.

As for inhouses, the more the merrier. Usually we have to wait for like 30 minutes to get a full inhouse so the more people the better. The inhouse teams are balanced before the games start to try and make it as fair as possible. Players like Envelaap, Breakfast, and top lane Ghost play inhouses all time so we're used to people not playing great.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah Lee and Yasuo aren't the best choices if you're not very good mechanically.

As for inhouses, the more the merrier. Usually we have to wait for like 30 minutes to get a full inhouse so the more people the better. The inhouse teams are balanced before the games start to try and make it as fair as possible. Players like Envelaap, Breakfast, and top lane Ghost play inhouses all time so we're used to people not playing great.
Talents please I solo'd you on a support champ you don't get to talk

Newt

Talents please I solo'd you on a support champ you don't get to talk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMJjF6mlbo

Yeah, would be cool to have more people on board. We use this discord server during the inhouses, feel free to join.

https://discord.gg/sr7UWRE

I mean I'm not asking for much, it'd be nice to just be as good as a plat player which as I understand is not a very high bar.

Platinum+ is the top 9% or so of the ranked playerbase (0.06% Challenger + Master, 2% Diamond, 7% Platinum). That's fairly high. The gulf between mid-Platinum - as high as I've ever been without being carried by a duo partner - and high Diamond is massive though.

Try to develop a thick skin and not worry about your teammates' whining. Just focus on making the right play and trying to execute it correctly. And don't be afraid to lead the team on a call if you are sure it's right (e.g. you are jungle and bot side with your bot lane pushed up and poking under tower when the enemy jungler shows top, spam ping to take an Infernal dragon or go for a dive). I'd advise focusing on a small number of champions in one or two roles and mastering them.

Type2

excuse me I am banning the shit out of Lulu if my support isn't playing it
The champion being where she is right now is extremely unhealthy for the game.
I can't wait for skt to abuse her/ori/ivern/karma to play an ultra safe shield comp style and win the tournament. /yawn

I wonder why that type of champion style is so hard to balance. Is it all the additional shields and healing attained through items? Masteries? Over loaded kits combined with high push potential?

Edit: I remember that game tilted the shit out of me too. In response to that video being posted again.

Platinum+ is the top 9% or so of the ranked playerbase (0.06% Challenger + Master, 2% Diamond, 7% Platinum). That's fairly high. The gulf between mid-Platinum - as high as I've ever been without being carried by a duo partner - and high Diamond is massive though.

Try to develop a thick skin and not worry about your teammates' whining. Just focus on making the right play and trying to execute it correctly. And don't be afraid to lead the team on a call if you are sure it's right (e.g. you are jungle and bot side with your bot lane pushed up and poking under tower when the enemy jungler shows top, spam ping to take an Infernal dragon or go for a dive). I'd advise focusing on a small number of champions in one or two roles and mastering them.
I think I consider it a low bar because I always read language that generally equates to "platinum players aren't that good". I think my desire to reach it eventually comes from the fact that all of my friends are platinum level and I just want to be as good as they are regardless of rank.

And yeah, the trash talk doesn't really hurt my personal feelings, but it is a little discouraging that I can't play better. I'll definitely join that Discord though. I don't really use voice, but hopefully I'll play with you guys someday! Thanks for all the help everyone.

And yeah, the trash talk doesn't really hurt my personal feelings, but it is a little discouraging that I can't play better. I'll definitely join that Discord though. I don't really use voice, but hopefully I'll play with you guys someday! Thanks for all the help everyone.

Even if you don't use a mic, generally it's really helpful to be in voice comms during inhouse or GAF team games because we can talk to you. Discord is pretty nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
rakan seems to be a really interesting champion from my experience yesterday

he's like, really fucking annoying and he once landed a 4 man ult on us which was freaking gamechanger

i don't enjoy playing against him in the slightest but i appreciate what he brings to the table compared to other supports

not sure if he's op or not, but i bet if he's ever balanced he'll be poop at solo q

faridmon

Yeah been playing as Rakan for the past 7 games or so.

6 win and 1 loss lol

Helped me climb up to B3 (Finally!)

I still have yet to get used to his W. It has a such a long trigger that people keep dodging it easily. Ezreal definitely counters him, but yeah his Ult is super powerful considering you can escape the TF unscathed since you combine it with the E

Ever

Banned
New Maokai is dogshit, lol

I wonder how many buffs it'll take to make him playable again.

I'm not even that good, and that statistic still inflates my ego every time I hear it.

The champion being where she is right now is extremely unhealthy for the game.
I can't wait for skt to abuse her/ori/ivern/karma to play an ultra safe shield comp style and win the tournament. /yawn

I wonder why that type of champion style is so hard to balance. Is it all the additional shields and healing attained through items? Masteries? Over loaded kits combined with high push potential?

Bang on. I've been meaning to talk about this for awhile.

There's this thing about utility vs damage. Regarding damage, for it to be useful to your team, you need to have more damage than your counterpart at certain stages in the game. If you're like a Talon or a Zed, your only contribution comes in the form of dealing damage to the enemy. if you don't out damage them or at least have enough to kill a priority target/force them away from a fight before getting killed yourself, you're close to useless. That's not the case with utility (i.e heals/shields). Even if you may not have as much as a fed Ivern, the value of said heal or shield doesn't change in comparison to the enemies utility, it's still useful no matter what. As of now it's really a traditional support meta now that mage supports got the nerf bat. The best counter to a sustain support is hard engage, but unless they can get a good all in off, most tank supps will get poked down and pushed in, so they can't compete.

I think shielding mechanic is busted right now, and locket/redemption/censer combo just drives it overboard. Since there's nothing you can do to reduce a shield's strength or duration, there's literally no counterplay.

Tizoc

ARAM matches still take as long as they did even BEFORE the changes.
Mind you the current changes aren't bad, but matches can still drag onto being like 30 minutes long.
One thing I find irritating is going against certain comps who could consist of say Zil+Morg+Soraka+Nasus
Each has a ranged circle of death ability and they could combine their abilities together and make it hell to try and get in range to them.
This is one example mind you.
The ARAM randomizer should be more balanced in that it doesn't let one side have a group of poke heavy characters while the other are a group of melee tanks

JulianImp

ARAM matches still take as long as they did even BEFORE the changes.
Mind you the current changes aren't bad, but matches can still drag onto being like 30 minutes long.
One thing I find irritating is going against certain comps who could consist of say Zil+Morg+Soraka+Nasus
Each has a ranged circle of death ability and they could combine their abilities together and make it hell to try and get in range to them.
This is one example mind you.
The ARAM randomizer should be more balanced in that it doesn't let one side have a group of poke heavy characters while the other are a group of melee tanks

Except that people keep gaming the not-so-random element by only buying certain champions, and the champ pool is whatever you've got plus whatevers on rotation that week, so forcing certain comps could lead to players complaining because they enjoy playing a certain type of champ but the game gives that "role" to somebody else and they keep getting something else, for example.

On the other hand, cousin and I got paired with a Ziggs who bought a tear and lots of faerie charms and just spammed abilities the whole game a while ago, which was cheap as hell.

Top Bottom