• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

I hatched a 100% Slowpoke yesterday. Interesting. Not sure what to evolve it into.

Also, got another 10k egg today. Maybe I'll wait till I have 6 again and do a big egg hatching session. Perhaps even go old school and wait till I have 9 in full, maybe.

So, in about 6 months, I'll be going on my honeymoon to Clearwater Beach, FL. I decided to look up on https://www.pokemongomap.info/ to see if my hotel was near any pokestops. And I'm in luck! Seems like there are 2 at the hotel. Depending on where my room is, I might be able to reach 1 or 2. Though, I'll have a Jr Suite facing the Gulf, so possible I'll not be in range while in our room. Not that it would matter since, since we go to Universal 4 days later, and that is Pokestop heaven! Hell, if we get a room near where we got it last time for Cabana Bay Hotel, we will be on another Pokestop.
universal again? lol

enjoy your honeymoon. don't get too distracted by pokemon :)

GulAtiCa

universal again? lol

enjoy your honeymoon. don't get too distracted by pokemon :)

Universal was so much fun last year, we decided to do it again! I actually considered for a moment adding Disney World onto our trip. lol.

Currently doing 4 days for the beach, for the romantic side of the honeymoon, and then Universal for 3 days right after for more fun/relax side of the honeymoon. I won't be doing much pokemon stuff while at the beach. Universal is when I'll start to do it a bit more, maybe I can get bunch more Dratinis again. lol. But mostly while going to ride to ride. Last year was awesome with being on the Transformers ride and hitting the pokestops up constantly with my GO+. But that was before they implemented the speed limit, so I don't expect for it to work on any faster rides. On plus side, my GO+ will actually not be out of battery this time!

I wonder what the Halloween event will be this year. I'll be mainly be missing out of course.

Really hoping year 1 update will be a big one, we are missing from what we know; raids, new battle system w/ PvP, trading and legendary Pokemon

I really don't want trading. The game has been fucked with enough by cheating, I don't think it's a good idea to let the cheaters share their spoils with each other.

GulAtiCa

I want trading, only if for getting damn regionals.

Anyways, not sure why you be concerned about people cheating when it comes to trading. People be cheating & spoofing anyways with or without trading.

From the sounds of it, from various talks they had, it sounds like trading might be a local thing anyways. Which disappoints me.

Anyways, not sure why you be concerned about people cheating when it comes to trading. People be cheating & spoofing anyways with or without trading.

From the sounds of it, from various talks they had, it sounds like trading might be a local thing anyways. Which disappoints me.

I don't want trading at all, but local is definitely the best way to go about it.
The game's about finding Pokemon out in the real world, not organising people to give you a ton of powerful Pokemon online.

GulAtiCa

I'd really really love that. Give us swarms of uncommon pokemon too.

Hell, we really need a reward/quest type thing. Like battle & defeat 100 enemy pokemon in a gym and get a Dratini/etc. People would actually try to take down gyms or battle them up more if there was more of a reason to. I pass by a lot of enemy lv 10 gyms and leave them be since usually not worth the trouble.

I don't want trading at all, but local is definitely the best way to go about it.
The game's about finding Pokemon out in the real world, not organising people to give you a ton of powerful Pokemon online.

Problem with this is that I will never be able to find a Mr Mime or Kangaskhan in the wild here. I really wish they get rid of the dumb regionals, or at least give us chance to hatch them...

True, cheating won't stop...I just don't see trading benefitting most people a ton aside from "how much will you buy this Blissey for?" folks.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
yeah I think regionals should stay that way. They are unique and special. I wouldn't add any more of them, at this point, but it's something cool and unique to continents and thus having to travel to grab them is kinda fun

Oxx

yeah I think regionals should stay that way. They are unique and special. I wouldn't add any more of them, at this point, but it's something cool and unique to continents and thus having to travel to grab them is kinda fun

Must be nice to be a globetrotting traveller ha.

Niantic has to eliminate spoofing altogether to get trading to work properly, even if its local only.

EX: Say I want all the regionals and don't know anyone locally to get them from. I can create a throwaway account, spoof around the world to round them all up, and then trade with my main account on a separate device. Now I have all the regionals and Niantic can't do anything about it.

I would wager there's a good chunk of people out there that don't spoof because they fear for their main account being banned. It's going to get much worse if/when trading hits.

I left a birthday party about 20 minutes earlier than planned to catch a Dragonair that was 5 minutes away.

Worth.

90%+ IVs, makes me regret evolving my other one the other day lol.

Almost at 50 candies off the Pinap I used, so I'm halfway to Dragonite.

Still need 20 or so candies for Charizard, and like 40 something for Nidoqueen.

Then Gen 1 is DONE.

Joni

Niantic has to eliminate spoofing altogether to get trading to work properly, even if its local only.

EX: Say I want all the regionals and don't know anyone locally to get them from. I can create a throwaway account, spoof around the world to round them all up, and then trade with my main account on a separate device. Now I have all the regionals and Niantic can't do anything about it.

I would wager there's a good chunk of people out there that don't spoof because they fear for their main account being banned. It's going to get much worse if/when trading hits.

They should eliminate regionals if they want local trading to work. Promote trading by bringing in trading evolutions.

Regionals should stay regionals until all the generations are out and then they should have a regional festival where you're able to catch all the regionals everywhere at an increased rate, or maybe just put them in eggs.

What are everyone's predictions for Gen III? I'll go first:

Inexplicably common in most areas: Gulpin
Inexplicably rare: Shuppet
Annoyingly in 10km: Tropius and Relicanth
Not available at launch: Kecleon and Castform
Regionals: Spinda (Asia that isn't Japan)

border

If someone wants to cheat their way into getting the regional Pokemon they can do it without spoofing anyway. Just give your login information to someone in Austrailia or whatever, and have them catch all the local stuff.

Firemind

If someone wants to cheat their way into getting the regional Pokemon they can do it without spoofing anyway. Just give your login information to someone in Austrailia or whatever, and have them catch all the local stuff.
The problem is more botting to lvl. 30 and catching wild rare pokemon using scanning, which would make cheaters so more far ahead of legit players.

Finally got a Machamp with decent moves! I evolved it from a 917 CP Machop, and it's a monster.

2235 CP with 75% IVs and Counter/Dynamic Punch. Got another great attacker to wreck Blissey, Snorlax, and Tyranitar.

Pineco can at least evolve. Mantine and Sudowoodo tho

I hatched Gligar today but also caught two Snorlax so can't complain too much!

Pineco is not a great Pokemon, but it is at least rare. My single Pineco has come from an egg.

Mantine, Sudowoodo, Gligar, and Miltank are all garbage hatches. I have caught more than three each of these Pokemon. Yet, I can't find Larvitar in the wild. If a buddy-related event comes out, I'm glad that I'll be able to walk Mareep.

Joni

Another streak, another one without Metal Coat. I now have 3 Sun Stones, 1 Kings Rock, 1 Dragon Scale and 1 Upgrade.

So my friend found a working scanner that covers our city. I got out of bed and caught 2 Snorlax with him this morning.

First one was over 80% IV and 2300CP for him, but only 650 for me.

They really need to add more Pokemon to the eggs. Right now eggs kind of suck for me since there's nothing I really need in them except for 10km eggs but only thing I get from those is crap.

Joni

They really need to add more Pokemon to the eggs. Right now eggs kind of suck for me since there's nothing I really need in them except for 10km eggs but only thing I get from those is crap.

I think it is more a matter of removing. Everything that can nest shouldn't be in an egg. Everything that can't nest should be. Drop the occurence rate for eggs but make each egg worth more.

Oxx

They were onto something with the eggs in the last event.

2km eggs full of variety and overwhelmingly common.
5km and 10km rare but guaranteed to be worthwhile.

Growlie19

Made it to level 33 and celebrated by taking down a long-standing Mystic gym! Working on three 10K's, one of which is my last Easter event egg.

Last 5 2km eggs have been busts. Only 2 more left from the event. God I hope one is an Aerodactyl... Also have 1 more event 10km egg left. The only other 10km egg I got from the event was a Mareep with 30 candy, so here's hoping the second is at least as good.

What is the site/app that currently has working scanning?
I use pokehuntr. Seems to be about 95% accurate. Occasionally will say something is there that isn't, occasionally will miss things that are there.

Also it's slow and sometimes searches fail.
Four of my last five evolution items were dragon scales. Useless.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Landed in Copenhagen today, hit 7-day streak in airport and got my first Metal Coat.

Then in the cab ride to the hotel nabbed Mr. Mime.

trip is concluded. :p

GulAtiCa

Ouch!

C-c3qt8WAAA1Oka.jpg

It seems like everyone is having issues with Metal Coats.

I made a big rant about the evolution items a while back after getting multiple Dragon Scales in a row, but I was lucky enough to get a Metal Coat from a random stop when I played last week. I was also fortunate enough to get a spare King's Rock and roll a Slowking with Confusion and Blizzard.

I don't know if I'll be able to get my second Metal Coat from a streak anytime soon, but I'm glad that I only need one more.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Joni

Got a pleasant surprise this morning. My 1 Day Streak contained a Metal Coat. I didn't even realize you could get Evolution Items as the 1-6 day streak bonus. (It was one of the bonus items as it was on the same background color)

Oxx

I currently have 9 evolution items in by bag that are just taking up space. (Including a spare Metal Coat).

Might end up trashing some of them.

Top Bottom