• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Cheska

Yeah he said that :|

Anyway, DLC details from Jump Festa:

First off, the Omega DLC will be available in Japan on 12/22. No pricing was given. Serah and Noel costumes will be releasing starting in January with the AKB48 winning costume and Assassin’s Creed respectively. In February, a swimsuit costume for Serah will be release.

This is still pending, but apparently Lightning will be featured as Colosseum DLC. She is said to be wearing her old outfit from FFXIII.

UGH! This sounds like the dumbest DLC costume >.>

tokkun

So can anyone inform me (kagari) what the rehash % is? Like how much of the game would you say is straight out of 13 in regards to areas and enemies.

There seem to be a large amount of re-used enemies. Actually, I think every non-boss enemy that I saw from watching the streams for several hours was a carry-over from 13. I even saw Longuis :/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If we learned anything from FFXIII-2 it's that Square doesn't care about Lightning at all :(
But... but... what about...

mT52y.jpg

Cheska

But... but... what about...

mT52y.jpg

Don't remind me of that beautiful lithograph. I forgot about the deadline so I wasn't about to get it :(

Also, more people will be exposed to FFXIII-2 than Lightning specific media like the litho and the play arts. And since FFXIII-2 is not as Lightning filled as some would like, I wonder how that will affect sales. I mean, will good reception from Japan be enough to sway some people over?

Don't remind me of that beautiful lithograph. I forgot about the deadline so I wasn't about to get it :(

Also, more people will be exposed to FFXIII-2 than Lightning specific media like the litho and the play arts. And since FFXIII-2 is not as Lightning filled as some would like, I wonder how that will affect sales. I mean, will good reception from Japan be enough to sway some people over?

Is there really a lack of Lightning for most of the game, or is it kind of like Metal Gear Solid 2? (i.e. you play as Raiden but Snake is still a very central character)

The point of FFXIII-2 is to be an ironic switch from one of the main goals of the first game, in fact almost a primary motivator for much of the game, to save Serah.

FFXIII-2 flips this around, making Lightning the person that must be saved. It's not so much that there's a lack of Lightning, because she's still the primary object of the plot; she's just not the main character.

The point of FFXIII-2 is to be an ironic switch from one of the main goals of the first game, in fact almost a primary motivator for much of the game, to save Serah.

FFXIII-2 flips this around, making Lightning the person that must be saved. It's not so much that there's a lack of Lightning, because she's still the primary object of the plot; she's just not the main character.

Ah well, I love Lightning, but I think I'll still enjoy this game a lot anyway

Famassu

While it sucks you can't go into buildings, I pretty much already assumed that would be the case. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case with Versus.
Well, we know that they didn't really save any expences in modelling that one gas station (which was shown briefly in one of the earliest gameplay clips) and all that you can find inside of it, and I'm assuming they didn't stop there, so there should probably at least be some shops you can enter. Would probably be a bit impossible for them to let you get inside every building in the city, seeing as even the one you start the game in is quite massive and that shouldn't be the only one of its kind.

Yoshichan said:
Why did no one tell me this?!
Because it's been known and even shown in gameplay clips since.. E3, I think?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Because it's been known and even shown in gameplay clips since.. E3, I think?
First of all, I've ignored all gameplay since E3. Also, it's not been "obvious" at all. Obvious is watching a clip of someone constantly jumping around (example: World of Warcraft). The small clips I've seen from FFXIII-2, I'm not seeing people jump around.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I don't know why people should expect to be able to enter in every building to begin with. That never happened in a Final Fantasy from what I recall. Still, maybe someone already finished the game so I'm going to guess wrong, but I think a couple of buildings can be visited here and there. Maybe the house of Serah, maybe the one of Lightning, maybe a bar ect.

Certainly, this is not Skyrim and should not be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know why you should expect to be able to enter in every building to begin with. That never happened in a Final Fantasy from what I recall. Still, maybe someone already finished the game so I'm going to guess wrong, but I think a couple of buildings can be visited here and there. Maybe the house of Serah, maybe the one of Lightning, maybe a bar ect.

Certainly, this is not Skyrim and should not be.
Wait... what?

Yoshichan

Ahem... wrong quote I guess :D
Sorry man!
Haha that confused the crap out of me, but it makes sense when I read the other quote XD

Famassu

First of all, I've ignored all gameplay since E3. Also, it's not been "obvious" at all. Obvious is watching a clip of someone constantly jumping around (example: World of Warcraft). The small clips I've seen from FFXIII-2, I'm not seeing people jump around.
Ah, that wasn't supposed to be taken so negatively. I just meant that they HAVE mentioned it a bunch of times and while it hasn't been super-obvious in trailers, there has been some jumping in them that was somewhat clearly not tied to particular spots in the map (but they haven't jumped around without a reason so it might've seemed like an automated action or a "press X here to jump there" kind of thing). You've probably just glossed over the sentences where it has been mentioned (they usually haven't made THAT big of a deal about it so it's mostly been a side sentence like "and here we can jump to reach this place") and just haven't paid attention to it in trailers since it's not something you expect out of a Final Fantasy game.

Jarmel

Banned
Those story comments are sending alarms all through my head. It sounds like Noel though is a decent character so 1/2 ain't bad.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Watching アガスティアタワー on this one stream recording... No wonder you're lost, Kagari. This place sucks. I'd start disliking the art direction in that place if I were stuck there trying to figure it out. D:

Here's the only JP wiki I can find: http://ff12.jp/. Seems like it has アガスティアタワー for the time period
AF200
, specifically this page. I'm guessing that's the one you're talking about... so you're in
Chapter 4
? Maybe you've probably figured it out by now, lol. Good luck.

Toth

Don't worry Perfo, I also liked FF 13's story (and the mythology) and I am sure plenty of other people who are lurking do too.

ANYWAY, the streaming remains a fascinating way of looking at this game. With no guides, people are just using trial and error and even the farthest streamer at 40 hours still only has
95/160 fragments

Styles

The streams are entertaining, mostly due to the chatbox. I've gotten several hours of laughs from that alone, though some of the footage from the game are also hilarious, especially when that Chocobo theme kicks in. I just can't at that track. It gets me every single time.

RPGCrazied

End help of Final Fantasy XIII

Barthandules is pretty much a joke this time, but orphan is getting on my nerves. Sucks you have to do the first boss over if you turn the game off. ;/ I only seem to have trouble when his shadow orb is up doing all sorts of status debuffs. I have the accessory that helps with death. 2 of them on lighting. Cause last time I died from his Darea Isis move or whatever its called

Whats this poison strategy, I'm hearing about? Though I never used Vanillie, so I probably wouldn't be able to use her anyway.

Averon

End help of Final Fantasy XIII

Barthandules is pretty much a joke this time, but orphan is getting on my nerves. Sucks you have to do the first boss over if you turn the game off. ;/ I only seem to have trouble when his shadow orb is up doing all sorts of status debuffs. I have the accessory that helps with death. 2 of them on lighting. Cause last time I died from his Darea Isis move or whatever its called

Whats this poison strategy, I'm hearing about? Though I never used Vanillie, so I probably wouldn't be able to use her anyway.

Med and Syn are your friends when he is using its shadow orb. I had all my party members as medics to get rid of the debuffs as fast as possible using esuna, then switch to synergists to rebuff my party quickly. You can also use dispelga to get rid of all the debuffs. It only costs one TP, and you should be able to recharge your TP gauge quickly if you're fairly aggressive in attacking.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How's the framerate by the way?

Difficult to judge from the streams... and seemed shaky by moments in the trailers.

Seems fine to me, even with tons of crap on screen.

I found Xanadu but they won't let me in :<

Also, the solution to my problem was: &#12498;&#12473;&#12488;&#12522;&#12450;&#12523;&#12463;&#12525;&#12473;&#12408;&#25147;&#12426;&#12289;AF200&#24180;&#12398;&#12450;&#12460;&#12473;&#12486;&#12451;&#12450;&#12479;&#12527;&#12540;&#12408; in case someone else gets stuck there.

RPGCrazied

Beat XIII today! So ready for XIII-2 now. I'm thinking about that collectors guide too to go with my XIII-2 CE. Would look nice to go with the XIII CE guide I have now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The streams are entertaining, mostly due to the chatbox.
Leta's pretty entertaining, lol. Especially during the ending or when he sees enemies with large HP counts. During the credits he was shouting "TORIYAMAAAAAAA" over and over, lol, and not just because his name was written in the credits. That cracked me up.

But Teakdoc seems to know what he's doing... or he's using a Guide/Wiki. I don't know of anyone else who's streaming it. That third stream is new to me. Are they decent? Because both Leta and Teakdoc make mistakes that make their battles just @_@

Also, the solution to my problem was: &#12498;&#12473;&#12488;&#12522;&#12450;&#12523;&#12463;&#12525;&#12473;&#12408;&#25147;&#12426;&#12289;AF200&#24180;&#12398;&#12450;&#12460;&#12473;&#12486;&#12451;&#12450;&#12479;&#12527;&#12540;&#12408; in case someone else gets stuck there.
Stuff seemed confusing to begin with. It doesn't help that the dungeon itself didn't seem engaging. Apparently streamers got stuck there for quite a while. :/

Tiamant

The OST is growing on me so fast, it does everything right!

-Dinamic music from exploring to battle? Check.
-Hamauzu-sama epic songs with latin chorus to appeal the onewingedangel-uematsu-loving crowd? Check.
-New music styles never before introduced into an FF? Check.
-Amazing credits song? Check.
-Chocobo heavy metal'd? Supercheck.

Even that lame rap boss battle theme sounds good!

The OST is growing on me so fast, it does everything right!

-Dinamic music from exploring to battle? Check.
-Hamauzu-sama epic songs with latin chorus to appeal the onewingedangel-uematsu-loving crowd? Check.
-New music styles never before introduced into an FF? Check.
-Amazing credits song? Check.
-Chocobo heavy metal'd? Supercheck.

Even that lame rap boss battle theme sounds good!
Worlds Collide is seriously a good song. Even the rap grows on you. It's getting me into cheesy vocal songs in a way Persona never did.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Heh, wow. So a big part of getting lost came down to not activating every gate in previous levels. Make sure you do that for every artefact you get.

leng jai

Just received my LE OST and agree with Kagari to an extent about the packing. It really needed some thicker cardboard - similar to the one used for the ICO collection LE box. The individual packing for each disc is ridiculous as well - simply a pain in the ass to open and definitely not durable. Guess I'll be open it once to rip the CD and never do it again. On the plus side it certainly looks nice and the included booklet is one of the better booklets they're provided.

Still, a far cry from the amazing LE edition of the FF13 OST.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Did you beat it, or are pretty close to the end?

I'm on chapter 4... Academia 4XX.

But the story elements are getting more and more ridiculous... I don't know what to think now.

Also, my characters are over-leveled. Easy game is easy, and I'm not even playing on Easy Mode!

Top Bottom