• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Ravensmash
Member
(04-23-2012, 01:49 AM)
Ravensmash's Avatar
I've got a few gaffers, but wouldn't mind some more for leaderboard times.

GT: Ravensmash


Now, it's gone midnight and I have class at some point tomorrow - but I'm hungry and reading this thread is making me crave some Trials too.
Yaboosh
Super Sleuth
(04-23-2012, 01:52 AM)
Yaboosh's Avatar
Finished the extreme tournament with 727 faults in 46 minutes. That was only the second time I finished some of those tracks, but still, that was pretty terrible.
J Tourettes
Banned
(04-23-2012, 02:16 AM)
J Tourettes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ravensmash

I've got a few gaffers, but wouldn't mind some more for leaderboard times.

GT: Ravensmash


Now, it's gone midnight and I have class at some point tomorrow - but I'm hungry and reading this thread is making me crave some Trials too.

Just added you.
VariableTerry
Member
(04-23-2012, 02:35 AM)
VariableTerry's Avatar
Unfortunately the NEOGAF TRIALS account friends list is full. My gamertag is tfg9000 if anyone wants to add me. So far I have gone through most of the tracks. Haven't really focused on getting great times, but that will come soon!
BolognaSoup
Member
(04-23-2012, 02:55 AM)
BolognaSoup's Avatar

Originally Posted by MMaRsu

I sent a couple of ppl on the gaf trials tag an invite ... I want to test run two of my in progress maps :p.

I tried to friend you earlier and your list is full. Not sure of you knew or care.
J-P
Junior Member
(04-23-2012, 03:32 AM)
J-P's Avatar
Sorry for not accepting any multiplayer invites to any of you that sent me one. I have limited time to play when I'm on and dont want to quit in the middle of a race. Having fun competing for fatest times.

GT: MASOCHIST 187
atomsk
Party Pooper
(04-23-2012, 03:51 AM)
atomsk's Avatar
If you had told me when HD came out that one day I would platinum an Extreme track I would have said you were insane

I suppose I should really be thanking the tweaked physics/bike but still, feels good man
BolognaSoup
Member
(04-23-2012, 05:16 AM)
BolognaSoup's Avatar
Just played a really well done track called Sawmill Run by DrittesAuge. Could have been an official track.
Daigoro
Member
(04-23-2012, 05:57 AM)
Daigoro's Avatar
i played multiplayer for about 4 hours straight last night. it is really fun.

i was totally asleep at the wheel on those last few races. had to force myself to turn the xbox off.

Originally Posted by atomsk

If you had told me when HD came out that one day I would platinum an Extreme track I would have said you were insane

I suppose I should really be thanking the tweaked physics/bike but still, feels good man

you never plat'd Brown Boxes or Groundhog?
CrudeDiatribe
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:53 AM)
CrudeDiatribe's Avatar
Played split screen this evening with my partner, her sister, and their mother (mid-50s). Her mom had never played a game on the XBox before. She was just roaring with laughter at all the different ways her dude crashed. Eventually she got pretty good at controlling the bike.

Good times.
Yaboosh
Super Sleuth
(04-23-2012, 07:25 AM)
Yaboosh's Avatar
Got my gold in Gigatrack, but not a no fault run unfortunately. I had 3 faults. Using the 450cc bike seems to make it much easier.

Also, on my first try at gold medalling the Dammed track I got a Platinum. That was nice.
Thatoneguy
Junior Member
(04-23-2012, 08:10 AM)
Thatoneguy's Avatar
Just got my first top 100 time. Ranked #77 on Home Run. Evo is holding my attention much better than HD did.
whitehawk
leeches are the best bait when attempting to land bass
(04-23-2012, 09:33 AM)
whitehawk's Avatar
I'm ranked #8 on Rollercoaster now. I want to get #1.

Originally Posted by FateBreaker

Wow...Way of the Ninja is hard. Like, really hard. I got near the end and just couldn't make it.

Way of the Ninja is one of the easier extreme tracks, by far.
Fjordson
Member
(04-23-2012, 10:41 AM)
Fjordson's Avatar
Wow, the Phoenix bike is impossible for me to control.

Something tells me this is the game hinting that I need to learn better throttle control. I keep accidentally accelerating too much causing the front wheel to fly up in the air.
Papercuts
fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
(04-23-2012, 10:48 AM)
Papercuts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fjordson

Wow, the Phoenix bike is impossible for me to control.

Something tells me this is the game hinting that I need to learn better throttle control. I keep accidentally accelerating too much causing the front wheel to fly up in the air.

My front wheel shoots up even when I don't push that much. Bike will definitely take a long time for me to adjust.
Brakara
Member
(04-23-2012, 11:03 AM)
Brakara's Avatar

Originally Posted by andylsun

Hard levels are good for me, the right amount of challenging. I couldn't even start Extreme in Trials HD, and so far finding Hard easier on this game than the earlier one (maybe I'm just getting better).

Obviously you are now a better player than when you first got to the Hard tracks in HD. Then again, I have a feeling the first few hard tracks in Evo lies somewhere between medium and hard tracks from HD. It ramps up fast though, especially in the second set.
jizzlobber
Member
(04-23-2012, 11:04 AM)
jizzlobber's Avatar
My Tip-

Don't take the intro song seriously and you might just enjoy it, think of it like a Saturday Night Live skit... it's s'posed to be corny.

I love it!! :)
Railer
Member
(04-23-2012, 11:07 AM)
Railer's Avatar
Sometimes while playing this i just want to cry. Like just now for example. It was entirely my fault, not the games, but i was at the last obstacle on the extreme track inspired by Sin City. I had fought my way through the level and on the last obstacle, that's not hard, my thumb slipped down from the left analog stick onto the.... restart button...

I just felt all my happiness and willpower drain instantly. But I'll go back to it soon, i know i can beat it.
toythatkills
(04-23-2012, 11:11 AM)
toythatkills's Avatar

Originally Posted by Railer

Sometimes while playing this i just want to cry. Like just now for example. It was entirely my fault, not the games, but i was at the last obstacle on the extreme track inspired by Sin City. I had fought my way through the level and on the last obstacle, that's not hard, my thumb slipped down from the left analog stick onto the.... restart button...

I've shouted "NO!" so many times when I've pressed back instead of B out of some subconscious twitch :(
Label
The Amiga Brotherhood
(04-23-2012, 11:13 AM)
Label's Avatar

Originally Posted by Railer

Sometimes while playing this i just want to cry. Like just now for example. It was entirely my fault, not the games, but i was at the last obstacle on the extreme track inspired by Sin City. I had fought my way through the level and on the last obstacle, that's not hard, my thumb slipped down from the left analog stick onto the.... restart button...

I just felt all my happiness and willpower drain instantly. But I'll go back to it soon, i know i can beat it.

Haha the exact same happened to me yesterday! I cleared the last obstacle on that level and hit the bloody back button! That is when I called it a day and went outside.
RichardAM
Kwanzaagator
(04-23-2012, 03:14 PM)
RichardAM's Avatar
Picked this up at the weekend after pumping hours into the original.

We're talking GOTY material here guys- love it.
Infamous Chris
Banned
(04-23-2012, 03:15 PM)
Infamous Chris's Avatar

Originally Posted by toythatkills

I've shouted "NO!" so many times when I've pressed back instead of B out of some subconscious twitch :(

I do this ALL the time. My brain lags or something.
acksman
Member
(04-23-2012, 03:20 PM)
acksman's Avatar
Currently only have 1 other person on my friends list playing this. I would like a few more so I can have some goals. I love the overlay and that really pushes me to improve.

GT: acksman
CommonSense
Banned
(04-23-2012, 03:25 PM)
CommonSense's Avatar
Damn...I pulled of fa 29.98 on that first easy supercross track and I'm still only in the 1000's....


PS: This game is screaming for some kind of gaf contest.
Nyx
Member
(04-23-2012, 03:37 PM)
Nyx's Avatar
Even though I sucked at the first game and never touched it again for quite some time, I caved in and bought Evo just now…

The trial was so much fun, can’t wait to see all the user-made tracks.
toythatkills
(04-23-2012, 04:08 PM)
toythatkills's Avatar
Fuck you, The Wreck.

I can do everything in Trials except that jump where you have to go up a steep ramp, around and over a barrel, and then keep enough momentum to make a pretty far jump after it. That's the bit in The Wreck, and there's a very similar bit in Inferno 3 that I can't do either. I could get through both those tracks in 20 faults were it not for those bits, but I sit there for literally hundreds until I fluke it. I have no idea how to get over them, nothing seems to work
atomsk
Party Pooper
(04-23-2012, 04:14 PM)
atomsk's Avatar

Originally Posted by toythatkills

Fuck you, The Wreck.

I can do everything in Trials except that jump where you have to go up a steep ramp, around and over a barrel, and then keep enough momentum to make a pretty far jump after it. That's the bit in The Wreck, and there's a very similar bit in Inferno 3 that I can't do either. I could get through both those tracks in 20 faults were it not for those bits, but I sit there for literally hundreds until I fluke it. I have no idea how to get over them, nothing seems to work

Yeah, I get stuck on that same bit. Have yet to figure out how to do it consistently
Tawpgun
Member
(04-23-2012, 04:17 PM)
Tawpgun's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-P

Sorry for not accepting any multiplayer invites to any of you that sent me one. I have limited time to play when I'm on and dont want to quit in the middle of a race. Having fun competing for fatest times.

GT: MASOCHIST 187

Perfect gamertag for this game.
Brakara
Member
(04-23-2012, 05:03 PM)
Brakara's Avatar

Originally Posted by Infamous Chris

I do this ALL the time. My brain lags or something.

It's an especially easy thing to do when you go from a normal to an extreme track.
CommonSense
Banned
(04-23-2012, 05:04 PM)
CommonSense's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brakara

It's an especially easy thing to do when you go from a normal to an extreme track.

Goddamned water blasts...
The Albatross
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:29 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar

Originally Posted by jizzlobber

My Tip-

Don't take the intro song seriously and you might just enjoy it, think of it like a Saturday Night Live skit... it's s'posed to be corny.

I love it!! :)

Yeah... anybody who thought that this song was anything other than a parody joke ... makes me worry
toythatkills
(04-23-2012, 06:30 PM)
toythatkills's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Albatross

Yeah... anybody who thought that this song was anything other than a parody joke ... makes me worry

I'm going to select one of the loading songs from Trials Evo as the first dance at my wedding.

I'm not getting married
D4Danger
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:41 PM)
why is 'sunset stripped' so hard to get a platinum on?

I've got them all on the first 4 sets except for this one. It's just wrecking my brain.
The Albatross
Member
(04-23-2012, 06:51 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar

Originally Posted by D4Danger

why is 'sunset stripped' so hard to get a platinum on?

I've got them all on the first 4 sets except for this one. It's just wrecking my brain.

I actually feel like Sunset Stripped is one of the hardest levels to Gold of the first bunch. I had golds in everything else, even complete gold sets in later stages, but sunset stripped killed me. It was easy to finish without fault, but even runs that I felt were perfect I was slow by a full second. I eventually got it. Weirdly, a big trick for me was to backflip one of the first jumps,w hich helped me stick the landing right without going too airborn. Also, hitting the "uphill" section at the right angle was key.

I used the heavier bike, mayube the 450cc, I forget which one actually... but not the bike you start with.
Railer
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:00 PM)
Railer's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Albatross

I actually feel like Sunset Stripped is one of the hardest levels to Gold of the first bunch. I had golds in everything else, even complete gold sets in later stages, but sunset stripped killed me. It was easy to finish without fault, but even runs that I felt were perfect I was slow by a full second. I eventually got it. Weirdly, a big trick for me was to backflip one of the first jumps,w hich helped me stick the landing right without going too airborn. Also, hitting the "uphill" section at the right angle was key.

I used the heavier bike, mayube the 450cc, I forget which one actually... but not the bike you start with.

Yeah, i haven't golded it yet myself but i can't seem to do it with the last bike.
My GT if anyone wants to add: Toblekai
The Albatross
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:05 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar
I actually think that it's hardest to do Sunset Stripped with any bike other than the first 2. You get too much air with them. The heaviest bike keeps you on the track with speed.
big_z
just gonna rub one out
in the next few minutes
(04-23-2012, 07:12 PM)
big_z's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaboosh

Got my gold in Gigatrack, but not a no fault run unfortunately. I had 3 faults. Using the 450cc bike seems to make it much easier.

Also, on my first try at gold medalling the Dammed track I got a Platinum. That was nice.

Was trying to beat you on that track but lost it on the street near the end that has the jumps with bars you have to rotate over.


Originally Posted by toythatkills

Fuck you, The Wreck.

I can do everything in Trials except that jump where you have to go up a steep ramp, around and over a barrel, and then keep enough momentum to make a pretty far jump after it. That's the bit in The Wreck, and there's a very similar bit in Inferno 3 that I can't do either. I could get through both those tracks in 20 faults were it not for those bits, but I sit there for literally hundreds until I fluke it. I have no idea how to get over them, nothing seems to work

I can't get past that barrel either. I've gotten on top a few times but I have no idea what motion did it. I made it to the other side once then hit the back button by accident... :(
MMaRsu
Banned
(04-23-2012, 07:16 PM)
MMaRsu's Avatar
Well this thread certainly has slowed down :p.
The Albatross
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:26 PM)
The Albatross's Avatar
Trying to put together a database of Trials Evo players to make it easy to find other people.

Click here to submit your Gaf username & XBL screen name: http://goo.gl/gMu9K (opens a Google Form)

Form questions:
  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag
  • Trials Skill 1 - 10 (optional)
  • Explain Skill (optional)

I included those last two questions just so that new people could find other new people who aren't leaps and bounds better, alienating them. And elite players could find elite. Totally optional though.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet of results/answers: http://goo.gl/HZLBd

Friend me for Trials!
PrematureQuiche
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:31 PM)
PrematureQuiche's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Albatross

Trying to put together a database of Trials Evo players to make it easy to find other people.

Click here to submit your Gaf username & XBL screen name: http://goo.gl/gMu9K (opens a Google Form)

Form questions:

  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag
  • Trials Skill 1 - 10 (optional)
  • Explain Skill (optional)

I included those last two questions just so that new people could find other new people who aren't leaps and bounds better, alienating them. And elite players could find elite. Totally optional though.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet of results/answers: http://goo.gl/HZLBd

Friend me for Trials!

I clicked the first link and it took me to the spreadsheet which I couldn't edit :/ Good idea though so when you put the right link in I shall enter my details in :)
U2NUMB
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:32 PM)
U2NUMB's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Albatross

Trying to put together a database of Trials Evo players to make it easy to find other people.

Click here to submit your Gaf username & XBL screen name: http://goo.gl/gMu9K (opens a Google Form)

Form questions:

  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag
  • Trials Skill 1 - 10 (optional)
  • Explain Skill (optional)

I included those last two questions just so that new people could find other new people who aren't leaps and bounds better, alienating them. And elite players could find elite. Totally optional though.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet of results/answers: http://goo.gl/HZLBd

Friend me for Trials!

Good idea.. check your first link though.. also goes to the results page.
The_Darkest_Red
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:36 PM)
The_Darkest_Red's Avatar
Good idea Albatross, I waited too long to add the Neogaf Trials gamertag so I'm all for this. I need more 360 friends as well, I haven't spent much time with it compared to my PS3 so my friends list is a bit lacking.
petethepanda
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:41 PM)
petethepanda's Avatar
Good god does this game crash a lot. In the last 24 hours I've had three crashes just waiting for matchmaking.

And they really need to fix "highest rated." I see tracks with 1000+ ratings in between tracks with 1.
mrchristianq
Junior Member
(04-23-2012, 07:46 PM)
I need more people to compete with on times, feel free to add me as well:

Gamertag: KaMMiKaZy
SmokinGunZ1981
Member
(04-23-2012, 07:49 PM)
SmokinGunZ1981's Avatar
Need some times to compete against, please add me!

Smokingunz1981
geebee
Banned
(04-23-2012, 08:03 PM)
geebee's Avatar
This game is riduclous and it frustrates the hell out of me sometimes, but I still love it and can't stop playing.
petethepanda
Member
(04-23-2012, 08:09 PM)
petethepanda's Avatar
That Amnesia track is crazy lol. So much potential in this.
lush
Member
(04-23-2012, 08:10 PM)
lush's Avatar
Spent about 45 minutes last night getting over that scoreboard on Dark City Run. Finally nailed it, felt so good.

3 Extreme tracks left....
PaulLFC
Member
(04-23-2012, 08:15 PM)
PaulLFC's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Albatross

Trying to put together a database of Trials Evo players to make it easy to find other people.

Click here to submit your Gaf username & XBL screen name: http://goo.gl/gMu9K (opens a Google Form)

Form questions:

  • Gaf Username
  • XBL Gamer Tag
  • Trials Skill 1 - 10 (optional)
  • Explain Skill (optional)

I included those last two questions just so that new people could find other new people who aren't leaps and bounds better, alienating them. And elite players could find elite. Totally optional though.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet of results/answers: http://goo.gl/HZLBd

Friend me for Trials!

Good idea, but the link goes to the spreadsheet of results.
Chris R
Member
(04-23-2012, 08:19 PM)
Chris R's Avatar
Was only able to join a single game last night in a span of like 15 mins... I thought this game was a huge seller? Where are the people playing online?

Thread Tools