• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, old school Ryan is hilarious. I think by the time Hotspot/On The Spot came around, they started to groove into their more natural personalities.

Coldsnap

haahaah @ those old videos. Not making fun of them... we all went through the 90's. Well some of us here.
I love giantbomb though

Ten-Song

Coldsnap said:
haahaah @ those old videos. Not making fun of them... we all went through the 90's. Well some of us here.
I love giantbomb though

Fuck man, I never wanted to leave the 90's. The 90's were rad.

Curufinwe

a Master Ninja said:
23kqc61.jpg
xf3yxj.jpg
pirata said:

:lol :lol :lol

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
Anytime people drag out photos or video of me with bleached hair, all it makes me want to do is bleach my hair again.

Maybe it was just a NorCal thing, but I knew plenty of people that bleached their hair around that time. This was probably just before Eminem got all popular, which was one of the things that sort of ruined it. But every time I did it, the "YUO R A FAG" e-mails quadrupled.

I once bleached my hair in the bathroom of a VCR repair store. It was like I was on the run from the cops!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
MonsterDunk said:
Maybe it was just a NorCal thing, but I knew plenty of people that bleached their hair around that time.
Wasn't just a NorCal thing. Here in Germany, pure techno vikings bleached their hair all the time when Trance was a thing. And that was roughly around that time. It looked good with the glowing sticks and stuff.

WEGGLES

MonsterDunk said:
Anytime people drag out photos or video of me with bleached hair, all it makes me want to do is bleach my hair again.

Maybe it was just a NorCal thing, but I knew plenty of people that bleached their hair around that time.
Some people took it a step further and coloured their hair with bingo dabbers.

The late 90s were a dark dark time.

KillerAJD

MonsterDunk said:

Maybe it was just a NorCal thing, but I knew plenty of people that bleached their hair around that time. This was probably just before Eminem got all popular, which was one of the things that sort of ruined it. But every time I did it, the "YUO R A FAG" e-mails quadrupled.

I once bleached my hair in the bathroom of a VCR repair store. It was like I was on the run from the cops!
Shit yes! I too remember that getting extremely popular near here(Rohnert Park/Petaluma/Santa Rosa). I would watch my cousins come walking down the street with their friends and there would be a sea of bleach blond hair coming towards me :lol

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
I'm sort of surprised that no bleached photos of Alex Navarro have surfaced, but I think he may have stopped before we brought him on.

...I have some around here somewhere.

Ten-Song

MonsterDunk said:
I'm sort of surprised that no bleached photos of Alex Navarro have surfaced, but I think he may have stopped before we brought him on.

These must be made public!

MonsterDunk said:

I LIKE WHERE THIS THREAD IS GOING!

My contribution to "what these guys used to look like", a GIF that's been floating around for a while:

5zee1c.gif

Ryan Davis must never shave again for the rest of his life.

panda21 said:
on a side-note they said theyre going to see skate 3 today, sounds interesting.

They should ask EA if it's going to support Ride's board. I remember Activision claiming that they had other companies lined up to support the board. Skate 3 is an obvious choice to support it. Sure, it's extremely unlikely that it will support it, but it'd still be interesting to hear the teams reaction to it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
EmCeeGramr said:
stay gold ponyboy

I went to a Yankees-Mets game right after Piazza bleached his hair, and this guy behind me yelled 'YOU SUCK PONYBOY' at him every time he came to bat.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
MonsterDunk said:
Perhaps he's smiling at the awesome typo in that lower-third.
Well, I'd rather be an associative than a commutative editor. Symmetric editors are the worst though!

Coldsnap

panda21 said:
talking about wearing make-up on gamespot (i think?) :lol

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4599701

on a side-note they said theyre going to see skate 3 today, sounds interesting.

Wow. That whole Gamespot era is a new thing to me, I hardly played video games in high school and I think that's when Gamespots golden age took place. I had no clue it existed, the first bombcast I didn't know who Jeff or Ryan was. I sorta wish someone did a retrospective on all that because from what I can gather it just seems like Giantbomb with a larger funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom