• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

ElChado

Neo Member
So which captain is best for Doffy farming? G3, Mihawk or MC?

double blackbeard is the best for doffy, you dont rely on landing perfects you just use his special to win.

Out of curiosity, who else here is planning on farming Doffy with BB teams? If you have a WB to use as a sub, it's the fastest farming method but even without one it's likely the safest. It seems like most people here are running MC teams so I feel like I might need to go BB friend hunting on Reddit.

I'm going to use blackbeard as much as i can on doffy, thinking of going the team with mihawk and whitebeard so the only thing i stall for is those 2 and then just kill blackbeard on his first attack. My worry is similar, that im going to run out of blackbeard friends and have to go chopper or g3. I like the idea that i can safe farm doffy, but with chopper/g3 i feel like eventually during the night im going to mess up my perfects and start dying, while you cant really do that with blackbeard.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I feel like I won't run out of BB friends. Most of my list is 200+ SP.LVL, which I can safely assume will be running BB.

The squad:
bJQVDr0.png

Healing up on stage 4, then get HP cut by 50%, cut doffy's HP by 51%, double BB specials for a million damage, use Log Luffy special and swing out if needed for the W.

Tidd

YES! 20 free gems on japan. So if you want to start it's the perfect time for rerolling since you can get 6 pulls. I guess we can call tomorrow/today Doflamingo Day, since global gets the raid boss and japan gets 6* Doffy. I really like his 6* art.

I'm running MC for Doffy. I just couldn't farm BB because Ace/Jozu was such a RNG-fest for me <.< Next time I can finally farm him with my Slasher team (Doffy ftw).

Mazre

YES! 20 free gems on japan. So if you want to start it's the perfect time for rerolling since you can get 6 pulls. I guess we can call tomorrow/today Doflamingo Day, since global gets the raid boss and japan gets 6* Doffy. I really like his 6* art.

I'm running MC for Doffy. I just couldn't farm BB because Ace/Jozu was such a RNG-fest for me <.< Next time I can finally farm him with my Slasher team (Doffy ftw).

Oh wow...that captain ability

Boosts ATK of Ambition characters by 3x until the first hit other than Perfect

Special is awesome too

Changes adjacent orbs into matching orbs, amplifies the effect of orbs by 2x for 1 turn

RalchAC

I feel like I won't run out of BB friends. Most of my list is 200+ SP.LVL, which I can safely assume will be running BB.

The squad:
bJQVDr0.png

Healing up on stage 4, then get HP cut by 50%, cut doffy's HP by 51%, double BB specials for a million damage, use Log Luffy special and swing out if needed for the W.

Man... I just... dunno what to say about that team. Wow. Two legends.

I will probably run a 2x Monster Chopper team with Kid, Mihawk, Jozu and Usopp.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

To be fair Doffy-sama always looks good.

Hana-Bi

double blackbeard is the best for doffy, you dont rely on landing perfects you just use his special to win.

I couldn't farm for MC or BB skill ups. So those are still skill level 1.

I think that this means a BB team is out of the question and a MC team is not ideal.

Would a G3 team with Kid for a certain red orb be better than Arlong?

Majukun

I think that this means a BB team is out of the question and a MC team is not ideal.

Mc team should be pretty reliable as long as you take the right steps..much more than a g3 luffy team actually

Oh wow...that captain ability

Boosts ATK of Ambition characters by 3x until the first hit other than Perfect

Special is awesome too

Changes adjacent orbs into matching orbs, amplifies the effect of orbs by 2x for 1 turn

People are complaining that there aren't a lot of Ambition characters right now, which means that he's really not all that great. And they're sort of right, but...come on! While there aren't a ton of characters, there are still some really good ones. He's still going to be a freaking powerhouse.

Majukun

yeah,i think i'll levae the 3 gems for the mission on the table..tried a bit today too and i don't come even close to do enough points

pelicansurf

People are complaining that there aren't a lot of Ambition characters right now, which means that he's really not all that great. And they're sort of right, but...come on! While there aren't a ton of characters, there are still some really good ones. He's still going to be a freaking powerhouse.

Yeah, basically infinite 3.0x at the cost of being unable to really heal (except for last hit) and getting perfects, while retaining all HP is really sick. Once ambition characters hit their groove (like how Sabo and Freedom Characters are now getting into), he'll be gross. The special is pretty good too, even though it could be arguably worse than the raid versions.

koryuken

Yeah, basically infinite 3.0x at the cost of being unable to really heal (except for last hit) and getting perfects, while retaining all HP is really sick. Once ambition characters hit their groove (like how Sabo and Freedom Characters are now getting into), he'll be gross. The special is pretty good too, even though it could be arguably worse than the raid versions.

I dunno man, I don't think he is that good tbh. You are under constant pressure to hit perfects (more so than even G3) and the ambition restriction is probably worse than Sengoku's captain ability at this time. Definitely not my cup of tea.

PS. Can you PM me your ID? I'm going to be running the dual BB/WB/Mihawk team as well. I need more BB friends just in case ;)
I did a dry run of the team on the BB raid and it worked really well. I also think that this team can easily take out Aokiji since he does the 80% hp cut.

q93zdmj.jpg

xrokis

The squad:
bJQVDr0.png

that's an awesome team, wb makes it even faster.
i hope that a lot of people are running bb teams. almost maxed my friendslist and added a bunch of high lvl players, so i think i'm good.

download3dkrb.png

My final Doffy team is the first team that came into my mind...funny how i thought about a couple other config only to end up here again. With the units i have it seems to be safest/fastest option - i replaced MC with with Kuma. I lose 7K HP that way and some general atk - but the guaranteed matching orbs from Kid and Kumas active in round 1 and 2 against Doffy are worth more.

Round 1 - Mihawk active (720k), Kid/Kuma active (if needed) attacking left Doffy
Round 2 - Marco active, Kid/Kuma active (if needed) attacking right Doffy
Round 3 - both BB actives (720k x 2), end

Did i miss something ?

Stalling will be interesting but i should be okay.

@Zeke

BB here as well, but we are already friends.

going to run almost the same team except i'm using mc. his cd is low enough and my kuma isn't maxed yet.
cloggers stalling guides are my blueprint, but our bb teams have the benefit that health doesn't matter as much as long as we don't die to mobs.
good luck everyone farming, and have a safe new years!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay time to get ready for NYE - hope OPTC-GAF will have a great time as well. See you on the other side - Cheers !!

going to run almost the same team except i'm using mc. his cd is low enough and my kuma isn't maxed yet.
cloggers stalling guides are my blueprint, but our bb teams have the benefit that health doesn't matter as much as long as we don't die to mobs.
good luck everyone farming, and have a safe new years!

Nice - if i had my MC skilled so i could use his active i would have taken him as well, so you shouldnt have any issues. Heh..yeah we just need to make it somehow to Doffy...once there it should be fine.

Good luck !!!

ElChado

Neo Member

I think with a max usopp it's been said you could potentially use a 28 cooldown blackbeard and 27 marco. im referring to this

the g3 team usually has arlong or chopper as the heavy hitter but kidd works for that guaranteed orb via special.

Or like sengoku and be required to use low cost units.

People seem to have forgotten this new legend doffy is also knowledge. More power to knowledge teams. Now legend croc teams can use doffy and still get his damage boost.

BB Doffy farmers, add me :)

my id: 296 423 541

I just tried to add you then realized i already had you. hah

koryuken

People seem to have forgotten this new legend doffy is also knowledge. More power to knowledge teams. Now legend croc teams can use doffy and still get his damage boost.

I just tried to add you then realized i already had you. hah

But his captain skill is only for Ambition :( Raid Kuma's special is superior IMO...
Thanks man!

Heng

Yeah, my Perona is Level 87 [could probably level her more with the green turtles/pigs I'm hoarding] with a skill CD of 15.

So would:

G3/G3
Arlong or Monster Chopper
Mihawk
Perona
GP Usopp

Work as a team?
Yes this team would work against Doffy. But if you do plan on farming him, you can't miss a perfect otherwise the run is dead.

Kyou

Not enough killer friends, making this perona challenge, uh, challenging

What do you need for the free gems, 20?

chrono01

Yes this team would work against Doffy. But if you do plan on farming him, you can't miss a perfect otherwise the run is dead.
Thanks, no pressure. >_<

I might just try for one copy, and whatever I can do with natural stamina, and farm him seriously when he returns when [hopefully] I have that Jozu. Or a skilled-up Blackbeard.

Worse, you need 25.

Majukun

25..if it was 20 i would already have done this damn challenge

tomorrow is doflamingo time...gotta farm aroun 40/45 if i can,so to hopefully bring his special around 20..and then farm the rest when he is back and hopefully with sockets

gotta need a shitload of gems though..2 runs for stamina bars..means 20 gems for 40/45 counting the level ups

wwow what a time to get a 300 day login bonus

this is my team for mingo

10403190_1094473977243908_3063890795436359864_n.jpg

mihawk has a max special

everyone else has a normal special level or there abouts

(golden hammer CD is 15)

chrono01

yeeeeeeesh, might just walk away from it
Without Killer, I've already walked away.

It's possible with G3 too, but it's just not worth the headache for me. I'd rather use my stamina farming copies of Perona on the 30-stamina version.

Managed to grab a copy of Zephyr on my JPN account. Took forever using my Pell team (30 stamina), but I finally finished him off. I was so glad he dropped first try, holy crap.

That Pell pull has definitely been a lifesaver. I'm probably going to try to play JPN more now that I actually have some usable characters. Just need to try to level up my account now.

Kumo

I would be running BB for doffy if I just pulled that damn Marco during sugofest. I'm still holding on to 40 skillbooks for him. xD

So if anyone needs more Whitebeard friends, that's who I'll be running.

The squad:
bJQVDr0.png

You don't even need to wait till turn 4 to kill doffy. Watch the first section of this video and if you use the BB specials off of Doffy's preemptive attack and both WB and Mihawk's specials, both Doffys will be left with 238,000 HP and with 2 turns left to defeat them. The only difference is that this guy is running Ace's boat which is 1.3x HP and 1.5x ATK to shooters (also no Marco at all). Since you don't have access to that yet you could potentially use the Marine ship which would result in higher BB special damage but less attack damage however with matching orbs, you're still hitting just under 300k a turn. I'd actually recommend using MC over Log Luffy if you have his special maxed since you would be only be able to use MC's special in this circumstance since Luffy's would be too high.

EDIT: I MADE A DUMB! The guy in the video is using special cooldown reducing sockets taking 3 turns off of his initial cooldowns and I just noticed it now. BUT he doesn't stall on the first turn by locking Mihawk and he kills the green lobster right away even though it has a 4 turn cooldown so even without the sockets this team is still possible.

There's a couple variations to the BB team depending on what subs you have access to. The only difference it really makes is how fast you're able to farm Doffy based on when you activate your specials, which might not sound significant but when you're farming something like 80 copies, it tends to add up. I know I can safely farm Doffy with this team:

eRm1KQ0.png

The only downside to this team is that you have to do normal attacks to Doffy and finish him on the 8th turn with the specials. Safe but the most time consuming BB team. I'm considering using a team similar to this BB team and cw_saske's team but I would have to sub in Mihawk in place of Whitebeard. My two concerns are the facts that Mihawk's HP isn't multiplied by BB's captain ability since he isn't a STR unit (thus less potential special damage) and the possibility of not having another STR unit could screw me when I'm trying to put the giant <20% health.

pelicansurf

You don't even need to wait till turn 4 to kill doffy.
Dunno if I didn't portray it correctly, but my team leads to a turn 1 Doffy kill. Stage 4 being the stage before Doffy. I'm going to try both stalling for Log L and not and see what the variance is like.

Also we're already friends Koryuken. Tried adding you to find out, World's Strongest Perv.

Dunno if I didn't portray it correctly, but my team leads to a turn 1 Doffy kill. Stage 4 being the stage before Doffy. I'm going to try both stalling for Log L and not and see what the variance is like.

Also we're already friends Koryuken. Tried adding you to find out, World's Strongest Perv.

Ah, I misinterpreted it, I thought you meant healing up on turn 4 of Doffy, not stage 4 of the raid. Using Marco heals before fighting Doffy strats apparently blew my mind.

koryuken

That's me, thanks buddy lol.

ElChado

Neo Member
But his captain skill is only for Ambition :( Raid Kuma's special is superior IMO...
Thanks man!

I see it more, if you really need burst that turn you can use doffy first for his superior orb boost-2.0x-and get matching orbs to nearby units, then use raid kuma for any remaining meat/tandem/bomb/blank orbs.

The smart way would be to use both but each one on a different turn, since legend croc boosts knowledge by up to 2.0 for only one turn you can use doffy one turn and kuma another turn for 2 turns of high orb boost that both also give orbs.

I also see this legend doffy replacing raid doffy on every team that isnt a slasher, due to him having 4 sockets compared to 2.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The strategy:

Stall at least 17 turns in the first 4 waves, reach Doflamingo with at least 2 HP.

attack in the following order:
first three characters: Jozu, MIhawk, GP Usopp, in ascending order of damage on a turn-by-turn basis (varies depending on orbs)
Last three characters: G3 (Captain), G3 (Friend Captain), Arlong, in ascending order of damage on a turn-by-turn basis (varies depending on orbs)

Turn 1:
Mihawk's special.
Target the top Doflamingo
Hit perfects

Turn 2:
Jozu's special.
Hit perfects

Turn 3:
Hit perfects.
Kill the top Doflamingo (hopefully)

Turn 4:
Usopp's special.
Only the bottom doflamingo remains.
Hit Perfects.

Turn 5:
Use Arlong's special (this is the absolute latest it will be available, assuming minimum stall time)
Target the remaining doflamingo.
Hit Perfects

Turn 6:
Use my G3 luffy special (this is the absolute latest it will be available, assuming minimum stall time.)
Target the remaining doflamingo.
Hit Perfects.
You Win!

Turn 7 (optional if you fucked up or had shitty orb luck):
Use your friend captain's luffy special (this is the absolute latest it will be available, with unleveled special and minimum stalling)
Hit Perfects.
You Win!

Note: If you screw up and do not kill the top Doflamingo on Turn 3 or just have poor orb luck and he has a little HP left, maybe you can finish him off with the G3 and/or arlong specials, or an orb-weakened attack from arlong or one of your G3s during one of the other turns.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Heng

Wow I don't even need Usopp for Doflamingo since I killed him in 1 turn per copy... I thought I might struggle with him but I guess I over-prepared myself.

chrono01

I underestimated 40-stamina. I forgot about the Immunity, and the pre-emptive + attack from bottom Doffy killed me. I managed to kill the top one before he attacked, and since it was only five rounds, Perona wasn't ready to tank the hit. A copy of him dropped, so I just used a gem to continue and finished him off. I'll try 60-stamina now, but not having Jozu worries me a little...

Oh well, I have a copy anyway, so even if I have issues there, at least I have a copy to level/evolve. If I can't reliably farm him, hopefully I will when he returns [maybe have a Blackbeard team ready by then].

Mazre

Mingo secured, stressful run with g3, thought I screwed up in the trash but had no trouble at doffy proper.

Top Bottom