• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Heng

i can't beat croc 30 with my urouge, blamenco, moria, voyage dream usopp and alvida

;_;7
I've tried experimenting with Rakuyo as captain (2x striker as his captain ability) with Doublefinger, Kaku, Smoker, and Paulie but it was too slow for me. This team was able to clear it just fine though and you could switch Rakuyo for Urouge. Doublefinger and Urouge don't stack so you could choose to bring Alvida instead, but be sure you have enough levels on all your units to take him down. He has about 820, 000 health, so I would test it on the damage calculator and see if you can get a team to take down ~900k health in 7 turns.

Kyou

I've been using Urouge(captain), Paulie, Smoker, Kaku and Carue + Kid friend

Carue is just kind of an emergency "Shit, I wasnt able to get any good orbs" insurance

Jayhawk

I was worried in the beginning for this fortnight because I don't have Kid, but then two of my pulls from the last sugofest (Whitebeard and Urouge) are both strikers at a high level... so I have been able to do alright with a Kid friend captain. Max level Biker Smoker is my main damage dealer against Croc.

Heng

So I decided to open the Japanese OPTC and saw that it's sugofest. I figured, "why not and see what useless units I'll get with 2 pulls."

So first one I got the mayor of Nami's village. On par to what I expected.

Pull 2... I see a red poster...
tHekonF.jpg
...Damn, I definitely wasted my luck here... Oh wells, Rayleigh + Sengoku on one account is cool. Too bad I'm just playing casually on JP.

chrono01

I feel like Urouge + Kid is working out better than a Kid+Kid would. You take the .5x hit but you get Urouge's awesome special, never had a problem taking out Croc
Yeah, not to mention the added HP if you need to stall or mess up along the way. Nice safety net.

Jayhawk

I wanted to try out my beefy Urouge against Hogback and learned that Impact Usopp and Urouge's specials don't stack. :( I wanted the dream of Coby v2, Impact Usopp, and Urouge triple special buff.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Is 30 stam the best way to get Kidd books? I only got three books so far...

Always 30, Kid books also only drops from Croc at the end.

--

I wish skill up events were full time, just need 2 more for Croc/Daz and I'm thankfully done. Then... I can fully focus on the WB forest during the holidays.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is 30 stam the best way to get Kidd books? I only got three books so far...
Congrats, that means you have gotten 3x as much as i have so far. Already given up on max skilling him with the ridiculous low drop rate.

I'm using this team for Croc:

Rakuyo (captain, ~35)
Urouge (friend)
Whitebeard (~70)
Smoker (92)
Paulie (39)
Kaku (~50)

I've been averaging like 2 wins per loss. It really depends on how many matching orbs I get when I reach Crocodile. If at least Smoker and Paulie have them then I can kill him in 2 turns even without Whitebeard's special. Otherwise I may not be able to kill him before he buffs himself.

RalchAC

Added Log Luffy to the Tier list. If some of you don't like the explanation, feel free to post your own review :)

In any case, happy holidays!

Mazre

So as Heng (grats on sengoku) said, sugo in JP, including new lit up icon and animated load of the saloon screen to further entice a pull or two.

Pulled Blamenco first which was new
Then a SW Franky dup and decided I was done. But that new animated icon taunted me, and I decided I had to do one more this morning.

SW ACE! 3rd legend for my JP account, joins Ray and Shanks.

bjork

Accidentally went into Croc 30 with my slasher team. whoops, when they say greatly weakened, they're not kidding.

Heng

So as Heng (grats on sengoku) said, sugo in JP, including new lit up icon and animated load of the saloon screen to further entice a pull or two.

Pulled Blamenco first which was new
Then a SW Franky dup and decided I was done. But that new animated icon taunted me, and I decided I had to do one more this morning.

SW ACE! 3rd legend for my JP account, joins Ray and Shanks.
Congrats!

I don't think I'll pull on global for this sugofest, the only int character I need is Rayleigh, Moria, and towel Nami. I don't think my odds are high getting any of these characters and I'd rather wait for the SW batch.

Also it looks like the new Sanji we're getting will also come to the Japanese version (unless they already have it) along with Robin, Chopper, and Usopp.

bjork

Prison Mr. 1 is hiding. I've run all of the different difficulties, but I assume he can appear on any of them, right?

koryuken

So I decided to open the Japanese OPTC and saw that it's sugofest. I figured, "why not and see what useless units I'll get with 2 pulls."

So first one I got the mayor of Nami's village. On par to what I expected.

Pull 2... I see a red poster...

...Damn, I definitely wasted my luck here... Oh wells, Rayleigh + Sengoku on one account is cool. Too bad I'm just playing casually on JP.

Congrats! Sengoku is pretty OP now with the buff :)

Qmzn

Neo Member
Congrats on the Sengoku and SW Ace, guys. Hope you're still in my friends list...

Did 3 pulls against Sugo.

Mr. 3
Crocus
Kumadori

Figured I'd stop there, with 7 gems left. But for some reason, I was compelled to hit it again.

6* Mihawk

What.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to skill max Daz Bones... whoo! Used 12 copies total. Still need two more for Croc, but I feel as though the worst is behind me for this fortnight.

Anyway, good luck to anyone pulling tonight or tomorrow.

And also...

tlxOGSg.png

Heng

Congrats! Sengoku is pretty OP now with the buff :)
Thanks, but I don't think the 5 star version boosts his own attack. I looked at his attack in the middle of a run and his damage is about the same. Even if I evolve him, I wouldn't have the crew cost to make any team with him.

Congrats on the Sengoku and SW Ace, guys. Hope you're still in my friends list...

Did 3 pulls against Sugo.

Mr. 3
Crocus
Kumadori

Figured I'd stop there, with 7 gems left. But for some reason, I was compelled to hit it again.

6* Mihawk

What.
Nice, congrats. I haven't removed anyone from my JP account so if you added me then we should still be friends. :)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've maxed Mr. 1, very close to maxing Blamenco, Kid, and Miss Doublefinger. Don't know how many skill ups Croc needs to max, but he's at 4 I think. I probably won't be maxing Daz Bones.

Kyou

Alright! It's Christmas Eve, the Sugo is up, and it's time for me to do my 7 pulls courtesy of Jayhawk! Let's go!!

1. Silver! Mr. 3!? (dupe obvs)
either that or I used it all up and can look forward to my 13 new Mr. 3's.
It's come to pass!

2.Gold! Namule 4*! (NEW!)

3. Silver! Smoker! (dupe)

4. Gold! ...Evolved Smoker! (...dupe)

5. Gold! Log Franky 5*! (NEW!!)

6. Silver! Buggy! (dupe)

7. Silver! Hotori and Kotori (New!)

No legend from the contest, but 3 new units out of seven pulls is pretty good I think. Okay, I bought some extra gems too let's see how that goes...

8. Gold! Crocus 4* (new!)

9. Gold! ...Crocus 4*(.......dupe)

10. Silver! Krieg... (dupe)

11. Silver! Miss Goldenweek (dupe)

12. Silver. .....Miss Wednesday (Ugh)

and I know I should stop but lucky 13?

13. Silver! ...Mr 3 (for real)

yeah fuck this. Thanks again Jayhawk! I'm real excited about Namule and Log Franky, too bad I couldn't get a legend but I have horrible luck in this game, so two interesting new ones is amazing for me.

edit: Couldn't resist one more, X-Drake!

the spoils:
aw6jrW3.png

Jayhawk

Congratulations on the new units, Kyou.

My luck continues...
Out of 20 pulls, here are the highlights:
Sengoku
Thatch
2 Log Vivi
Rakuyo
Killer
Namule
Urouge (dupe)
Apoo (dupe)
and then the rest were trash silvers

6 new units from 20 pulls. I am speechless at my 3rd legend. My goal was Kid but I can't complain.

Tidd

Did two pulls and got Vista and I already forgot who else. At least Vista is new for me, so that's a good thing. Could be a lot worse.

6 new units from 20 pulls. I am speechless at my 3rd legend. My goal was Kid but I can't complain.

We hate you, too.
Sincerely,
Every OPTC player on gaf who stil hasn't a legend after 300 days.

Nah, just kidding. Congrats! :)

RedBoot

Only planned to do three this time.

-Urogue (dupe, but this fills in the unevolved slot on the pokedex, I guess)
-Regular Zoro (hooray, said nobody)

Third one will be in the morning. Hoping for the Christmas miracle.

Finally got Daz Bones to appear ^__^.

It looks like his stats are slightly lower than the Red version, and less defense oriented. However, the 1.25x Slasher ATK buff lasting for 2 turns, instead of just 1, may make him more useful (at least when facing non-Green bosses).

wilstreak

make 8 pull, cant say i am happy with this

notablle one only Jinbei, Nami Fine, and christmast Boney

the rest are stink, Arlong, Kuro, Mr. 3 and 2 Cabin Boy Helmeppo

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Ended with Log Nami, Zoro, Franky, Vivi, and Xmas Bonney along with my dupe Rayleigh. Guess I should've stopped after my second pull, since odds of pulling another red poster were pretty low. Oh well! Good pulls overall out of 15ish.

chrono01

Man, congrats on the pulls guys!

I'm busy tonight, but I'll do my five pulls tomorrow. I'm not expecting much, but maybe I'll get lucky?

Also, happy holidays everyone!

Top Bottom