• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Looks just like it does on PCSX2, as expected.
No it doesn't. I'm the first to sing the praises of PCSX2, and I completed the entire game on it, but the character models and textures here are greatly improved, and you have native widescreen support. I also think some environment textures are better, but I'm not certain.

I just hope they use some AF.

Edit: looking at it some more, at least some environment textures are clearly redone.

Would kill for a turbo button ;)

It is quite hard to go back to ps1 ps2 jrpgs with them slow ass battles and loading.

Will probably just pick up x2 on vita. Never played that one and I heard the combat was great.

Pooya

PCSX2 + widescreen hack.

iq8ChVcQWVjJS.jpg

HD ver

Tidus face PCSX2

This should definitely be the reference; if you can't tell how much work they put into the HD remaster with this comparison, then you are blind.

Yeah, this isn't a simple upres as some are trying to paint it. They've gone and and fixed the blurry and pixelated textures.

H3xum

Wow. Can't wait to see the price point of these on Vita. In for both

Just give me a GD release date already though.

Takao

Banned
lol at the facebook page they link to:

Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2. Just in time for PAX East, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as “Sin” to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira – all in gorgeous HD!

I’d like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We’ll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our official website and Facebook page.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...xx-2-hd-remaster-announced-for-north-america/

Are Japanese devs allergic to antialiasing? How much work would it be to do something basic like throwing some MLAA on there? 2, 3 hours?

Seda

Okay I have the biggest images rehosted in the OP, so they should be there regardless how the site is hammered. Added the blog posts too.

Ridley327

I wonder if this means the Kingdom Hearts remaster is going to be $40, too.

It is.

The only HD collection that's been over $40 at release that I know of was MGS HD Collection, which I attributed to the fact that it had online play at the time. Then again, it dropped to $40 so quickly that I don't think anyone even remembers it being $50.

I don't think I ever finished X-2 because I didn't really enjoy it. X was OK, but again I wasn't overly keen on the game (Blitzball; dear god, and the dungeon puzzles were a pain IIRC). I may give it another shot if I can buy it at a good price.

The remodelled Tidus looks a lot closed to the FMV version whereas in the original they looked like two completely different people

I haven't been this excited for a game in years and getting FFX-" international as well is awesome.

Roll on Monday!

Aaaaaarggggggghhh!

Ridley327

1363961106-10465ffxm201303-02.jpg

PCSX2, they re-rendered the backgorunds.

iwI7TzkvKn5ff.jpg

To be fair, the top screen is from one of the CG cutscenes. We actually don't know what it looks like in the HD version yet, but that was one of the big pre-rendered scenes that they would have to do extra work on (especially with that PCSX2 screen, yikes).

Hobbun

Here is the corresponding Sony NA blog:

Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2. Just in time for PAX East, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.
I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as “Sin” to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira – all in gorgeous HD!

I’d like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We’ll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our official website and Facebook page.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/201...xx-2-hd-remaster-announced-for-north-america/

It’s pretty much the same, but it confirms for NA this year as well.

Edit: Beaten

reKon

Banned
I might buy a Vita just for this shit...

Or get it for the PS3 and ignore my entire backlog just to replay one of my favorite games of all time

Midou

Great stuff. I never knew they were doing X-2 also.

Can't wait for the FFXII Remaster....on Ps4 :O

Would be cool if they could do FFXII remaster a bit differently and work with Matsuno and fix the story pacing and such. There are a lot of great ideas in there, they just aren't presented well.

Hmmm I remember there was like 2 different models for each character for different scenarios( the quality in hair made it obvious) Will they be the same now?

blade85

Neo Member
You know what I will miss....

Being able to use gameshark after beating the game and playing a 2nd time through with everyone using the holy spell or all the other spells lol. Was fun...

Derrick01

Banned
Hopefully these 2 games have full trophy lists and a platinum too. They're too long to be given the PSN 10 trophy treatment.

Ridley327

The lighting is much flatter in the HD re-release. Nothing the lighting on Rikku's hair and Lulu's shoulders is pretty much missing from the HD re-release.

I'm actually amazed that you can make anything out in the PS2 screen that even resembles the HD version screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom