• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Welp 10 burgers down the hatch... I'm prolly going to die but it was worth it

Not sure I wanna know how you got 10 when there's a limit of 3

ironically I went to McDs this morning without knowing about the promo but this thing only started at 11 am so I was s.o.l.

BadHand

Not sure I wanna know how you got 10 when there's a limit of 3

ironically I went to McDs this morning without knowing about the promo but this thing only started at 11 am so I was s.o.l.

There was a limit? I ordered 2 but I overheard someone ask if there was a limit and they said "no".

Ventara

They probably just put the limit in case they get swamped and start running low. Once they realize they're good for the whole day they remove the limit.

Aske

Purolator didn't even bother knocking on my door. They just left a slip and now I have to leave work early tomorrow to pick it up. 🙄

Nothing is worse than being home, ready and willing to answer the door, and finding a delivery driver hasn't bothered to try you.

I had a weird one a couple of days ago. I'm in an apartment. UPS delivery; I buzz the guy up. I am standing three paces from the door. Guy knocks. I take three steps and open the door to find the guy already walking away. He literally knocked, and then started to leave. After I had buzzed him up, confirming my presence. He seemed genuinely surprised when I opened the door, turned around, and came back.

Thinking of which, Canadian FedEx question. I missed a delivery today. It's being held at the FedEx place across town. I can't find an answer online, but do they no longer make multiple delivery attempts? Can I have them try me again? Figured I'd ask here rather than call them and have to wade through the phone options. Just be nice not to drive out to the depo.

ahdurian

if you did it through the kiosks, there was a hard limit on 3
but people in my area were just ordering 3, paying via CC, then ordering another 3 and so on

one lady had 7 receipts

Dorygrant

It looks like Pc Bank and Cibc have discontinued their partnership. I wonder what happened? It doesnt affect the ATMs but theres a lot of changes coming. Weird.

Quick

Banned
I got 2 cheeseburgers and a drink for $3.50. Waited a bit over 5 minutes maybe. This was at around 2:30 PM.

I passed by the same McDonald's at around 6:00 PM and the drive-thru was packed.

krae_man

Someone crashed their car trying to pull into the McDonalds I went to. When I walked by, the car was empty in the turning lane and there was a line cars behind it honking that didn't know the car was empty:lol

There was only minor front end damage so you couldn't tell it was in an accident from behind. Also whoever they hit was long gone.

N° 2048

But how many grapes have you downed?

Huh? You monster.

large.gif

iLLmAtlc

I missed the boat unfortunately because of work. 67 cent would have been sweet AF but the micky D's hamburger is just OK to me. The patty is so small and it doesn't even really taste like a real burger to me. To make up for this I'll probably need to buy some ground beef at the store and fire it up at home!

Either I've become a fatass or McDonald's hamburgers are just fucking small.

Lol ya they are tiny. 3 of their mc doubles with bacon and cheese are still like half the size of a Harvey's double cheeseburger.

I gotta stop talking about this, it's making me hungry and it's 230am lol

Ventara

Yes! Got it! But damn, $40. Eh, whatever, this'll be the only Amiibos I buy other than the 2 Link ones I got for BotW costumes. I've really wanted to pick up a Samus Amiibo for a while and it might as well be this one.

Shiiit, I knew about the amiibo functionality before, but I didn't know the SSB Samus and Zero Suit amiibos did different things than the Returns Samus.

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Nothing is worse than being home, ready and willing to answer the door, and finding a delivery driver hasn't bothered to try you.

I had a weird one a couple of days ago. I'm in an apartment. UPS delivery; I buzz the guy up. I am standing three paces from the door. Guy knocks. I take three steps and open the door to find the guy already walking away. He literally knocked, and then started to leave. After I had buzzed him up, confirming my presence. He seemed genuinely surprised when I opened the door, turned around, and came back.

Thinking of which, Canadian FedEx question. I missed a delivery today. It's being held at the FedEx place across town. I can't find an answer online, but do they no longer make multiple delivery attempts? Can I have them try me again? Figured I'd ask here rather than call them and have to wade through the phone options. Just be nice not to drive out to the depo.

Call them and ask nicely. Once I did it and it worked. After they had already tried delivering twice!

jokkir

Got the Amiibos! I'm sill debating whether or not to return the Bayonetta amiibo. I got it on impulse and I'm probably never going to use it :| the figure doesn't even look good either

diaspora

I snagged the amiibos. For those in the Toronto area that will want to unlock stuff without buying the feel free to PM me after release about using it to unlock the stuff if you don't want to buy them.

khaaan

Music and Art Gallery after you finish the game.

They put the music and art gallery behind an amiibo too? FFS, can't they treat Metroid right?
I think they broke it down this way:

Samus: Energy tank and post-game Art Gallery.

Metroid: See locations of nearby Metroid's, post-game Fusion Difficulty mode, and post-game Fusion Suit

Smash Samus: Missile tank and additional post-game art

Zeri Suit Samus: Energy Tank and Music gallery

i-Jest

No reasons to.

Pretty much this. Sales are still going strong, with very little slow down I think. The console has overall a better lineup of games. What isn't multi-platform, is timed exclusive or a true exclusive. As market leader, the only thing that can get in Sony's way is Sony at this point; I don't think lack of cross-platform play, or having the inferior version of a game, is going to get people to jump ship (yet).

jokkir

I think they broke it down this way:

Samus: Energy tank and post-game Art Gallery.

Metroid: See locations of nearby Metroid's, post-game Fusion Difficulty mode, and post-game Fusion Suit

Smash Samus: Missile tank and additional post-game art

Zeri Suit Samus: Energy Tank and Music gallery

I'm here for the Fusion Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom