• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

I think this is the right take on the situation

The Alt-right lost lots of its outside power in terms of politics when Bannon went into the white house. Now you can expect Breitbart etc. to go full nuclear war on any GOP member who doesn't fall in line etc.

This is about revamping the power system to try and put the pressure back on the GOP

Yup. This isn't a good scenario.

The Alt-right lost lots of its outside power in terms of politics when Bannon went into the white house. Now you can expect Breitbart etc. to go full nuclear war on any GOP member who doesn't fall in line etc.

This is about revamping the power system to try and put the pressure back on the GOP

I would find the conspiracy theory angle a lot easier to buy if Breitbart didn't already have a "Trump messed up ditching Bannon and is a RINO" article up.

That doesn't sound good.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Bannon outside the White House is not scarier than Bannon inside the White House. I don't get how anyone could possibly argue that. If he goes to war with the GOP it just makes Trump getting stuff done that much harder. If he goes to war with the White House it just makes Trump look worse. There's no real good outcome for Trump here.

pulsemyne

Bannon outside the White House is not scarier than Bannon inside the White House. I don't get how anyone could possibly argue that. If he goes to war with the GOP it just makes Trump getting stuff done that much harder. If he goes to war with the White House it just makes Trump look worse. There's no real good outcome for Trump here.
Exactly. Also a lot of what is being said by Bannon and his shit heads is a combination of face saving and hyping themselves up to seem more powerful than they are.
Also I'd love Bannon to leak some secrets only because he would find himself in jail very quickly.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Exactly. Also a lot of what is being said by Bannon and his shit heads is a combination of face saving and hyping themselves up to seem more powerful than they are.
Also I'd love Bannon to leak some secrets only because he would find himself in jail very quickly.

Honestly, with what we know about him, I'd be stunned if he doesn't leak some Kushner stuff.

I feel like any hour we're going to get a headline about more Russian contacts Kushner didn't disclose.

deadlast

Wasn't Bannon leading a shadow news/press thing within the White House that was considered against the constitution. I seem to remember an article a few days ago talking about that.

Shauni

Wasn't Bannon leading a shadow news/press thing within the White House that was considered against the constitution. I seem to remember an article a few days ago talking about that.

Yes, and that's why all this stuff about him 'going back' to Breitbart isn't even that massive of a thing. He was essentially running it from the WH. People are just tying themselves into knots up and down to understand something like it's 4D chess when it's really just a simple and obvious thing

Yes, and that's why all this stuff about him 'going back' to Breitbart isn't even that massive of a thing. He was essentially running it from the WH. People are just tying themselves into knots up and down to understand something like it's 4D chess when it's really just a simple and obvious thing
The dude was in security meetings and probably had inside info told to him. Him being back at briebart just makes him that more dangerous honestly.

How's it going to get worse? Bannon has been feeding stuff to TrumpBart since he started.

They've been running hitjobs on McMaster trying to get him fired. He's still there.

I don't think Breitbart has much pull anymore.

Random Human

How's it going to get worse? Bannon has been feeding stuff to TrumpBart since he started.

They've been running hitjobs on McMaster trying to get him fired. He's still there.

I don't think Breitbart has much pull anymore.

Yup

I don't think this is a big victory. I really do think the effort here is to continue to rag on the left and make sure they don't win any elections.

This is all planned so Bannon can go start a tv propaganda network for Trump. Remember how they wanted to start a tv network, but then people fucked up and Trump won by mistake?

MechDX

Who's writing the articles you're reading?

He is still working for Trump and he just has no political reigns on him anymore.

Most here are celebrating this as Trumps death knell but I dont think that is about to happen. Bannon will now start to try and undermine all Trumps adversaries both in the GOP and without

SkyOdin

He is still working for Trump and he just has no political reigns on him anymore.

Most here are celebrating this as Trumps death knell but I dont think that is about to happen. Bannon will now start to try and undermine all Trumps adversaries both in the GOP and without
Wasn't he already trying to do that?

Kusagari

He's been gone for less than 24 hours and already has said the Trump presidency is over and the leading article on his website compares Trump unfavorably to Schwarzenegger.

This idea that Bannon is now more dangerous outside of the White House is absurd.
Thank you. From the seat of power back to editorial on a website no one but Trump's ever dwindling base reads anymore? No matter how you spin it Bannon lost a lot of power and influence. Especially if you believe (which I do) that getting Trump to listen to something requires almost constant cajoling and ego stroking in person.

This idea that Bannon is now more dangerous outside of the White House is absurd.

His 'resignation' is a downgrade. Any Trump supporter that says otherwise is just spinning it.

Also, Bannon's supposed war against the 'globalists' surrounding Trump is a bad look no matter how you slice it.

cakely

Bingo. He went from Chief Strategist for the President of the United States to an executive at Brietbart. It's a giant demotion and a huge loss of power and influence for him. Let's not look at this in any other way.

Mask

I wonder how long it'll be until someone close to Trump tells him that Bannon was the leaker. Especially since Bannon will be using Breitbart for his own means and ends again, I can see him going after someone and saying the wrong thing and ending up in deep shit when he pisses off the wrong person close to Trump.

Also lol at the "Bannon left to go lead the alt-right", they're tainted now. They've been associated with nazis and nothing will help them there.

Does Breitbart even have a big influence on the general public? Like I only hear it mentioned on right wing media as a source, or in a negative context by everyone else. I'm not familiar with if Breitbart is actually considered a major news site

Pressure the GOP? Into what accepting white nationalist nazis in public? Go ahead with that plan I want to see them skirm. If they are put in that posistiin it's entirely their fault for not coming out against it harder than some lame ass statements the equivalent of "thoughts and prayers".

Random Human

Does Breitbart even have a big influence on the general public? Like I only hear it mentioned on right wing media as a source, or in a negative context by everyone else. I'm not familiar with if Breitbart is actually considered a major news site

I don't think so. Part of why it's so well known is because its editor was one of the most powerful men in the country, and now he isn't.

Cyanity

Banned

Breitbart isn't nearly as influential as Fox News, so take that as you will.

Linkura

It's a major site for his base, and that's all Trump cares about.

Oersted

usa-trump.jpg

We are getting there

Top Bottom