• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update available (Ver. 2.1.0)

TheUsual

Gold Member
On my case, the audio via arc hdmi stops working at all all on the hdmi ports. I need to unplug the dock and try again, this only happens with my switch, no other device has made my TV go crazy.

Didn't even know about the HDMI switch issues with the Switch. Might explain why when I'm on my ps4 the signal will randomly cut out then come back on after a few seconds and for sometimes the audio via arc stops working too. Only noticed it once I hooked up my Switch to the hdmi switch.

MTC100

Banned
Architects around the globe are already considering the Switch as a new material to build their bridges with, if Nintendo can keep the stability up, it's bound to be selling very well!

give me my fucking virtual console you dirty fucking bastards

amen.gif

Cleve

Didn't the RMX devs say that the bug causing resolution drops wasn't something that would affect zelda's performance?

Rodin

Didn't the RMX devs say that the bug causing resolution drops wasn't something that would affect zelda's performance?

I don't think they said that themselves, John Linneman from DF made the interview with them and came to that conclusion iirc.

Anyway Zelda uses dynamic scaling resolution in some points as well so maybe when they fix the GPU drain the resolution won't drop anymore.

Xenoblade

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but 2.1.0 doesn't let you use the joycon wirelessly when the Switch is undocked and Flight Mode is turned on. This wasn't the case in 2.0.0. On 2.0.0 last night I was playing with the joycon wirelessly with Flight Mode enabled. Tonight on 2.1.0, not working.

Lucifon

Yeah - I have turned the option off but on my LG it still pops up a notification every now and then telling me that the Switch is available.

The timing seems random too - sometimes it will pop twice within a few minutes, other times it won't pop for ages (like an hour plus).

I've noticed the same. No real pattern to when it does it .

Morts

For those struggling with the automatic HDMI switching issue (seems to vary per TV/AV Receiver) this is a workaround that fixed it for me:

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/838437421825941504

Switch the match TV power state option off:
C6K6ZBpUwAAgZtM.jpg

Nope. This just prevents the Switch from turning on my TV and receiver when I wake it up. It'll still cause HDMI inputs to switch when I'm using other devices.

Oddly enough as a result I only ever take the Switch out of the dock to play Horizon.

Zedark

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but 2.1.0 doesn't let you use the joycon wirelessly when the Switch is undocked and Flight Mode is turned on. This wasn't the case in 2.0.0. On 2.0.0 last night I was playing with the joycon wirelessly with Flight Mode enabled. Tonight on 2.1.0, not working.

You should be able to manually turn on bluetooth when turning on flight mode. Basically, an option for toggling bluetooth appears below flight mode after you turn flight mode on. Before removing the joy-cons you must manually turn on bluetooth for it to work. This still works. For me, the same thing happened before the update btw.

OmegaFax

This was always the case. There are options in the system menu that let you individually turn Bluetooth, WiFi and NFC back on.

It says under bluetooth that it will automatically be turned back on even if airplane mode is set when you dock the system again.

If you go into Airplane Mode settings and flip it on or dock your system, Bluetooth will turn on.

Xenoblade

You should be able to manually turn on bluetooth when turning on flight mode. Basically, an option for toggling bluetooth appears below flight mode after you turn flight mode on. Before removing the joy-cons you must manually turn on bluetooth for it to work. This still works. For me, the same thing happened before the update btw.

I'll give it a try in the morning. Thanks.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I booted my system to do the update. It was at 100% battery. Immediately after doing the update it says 79% battery. Surely I can't have actually dropped 21% in the 5 minutes it took to do the update???

Looks like it is possible.....and quit calling me Shirley

KHlover

Banned
I booted my system to do the update. It was at 100% battery. Immediately after doing the update it says 79% battery. Surely I can't have actually dropped 21% in the 5 minutes it took to do the update???
Zomg Nintendo upgraded the battery capacity by 20% with the update!!!

Thraktor

That's strange, I assumed it wasn't fixed, as they're still on WebKit 601.6, but it seems like they (or Netfront) patched the exploit without actually moving to a newer WebKit version. Perhaps it was simply the quicker option.

Here's the old browser user agent string:

"Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo Switch; WifiWebAuthApplet) AppleWebKit/601.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) NF/4.0.0.5.9 NintendoBrowser/5.1.0.13341"

And here's the new one as of 2.1.0:

"Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo Switch; WifiWebAuthApplet) AppleWebKit/601.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) NF/4.0.0.5.10 NintendoBrowser/5.1.0.13343"

roytheone

The Battery indicator seems to be all over the place for me. Sometimes I switch off my switch, put it away (not in the dock) and when I switch it on again, the Battery percentage actually increased.......

AdanVC

I was crossing my fingers this would be nothing but stability updates just to see the chicken gifs. *pleased*

*also cries because still doesn't own a switch*

Rarius

I really want to use it as a media device, especially when docked. I multi-task a ton and I would like a better Youtube app than the crashy WiiU one or the weird connection problems the PS4 one has.

Pokemaniac

That's strange, I assumed it wasn't fixed, as they're still on WebKit 601.6, but it seems like they (or Netfront) patched the exploit without actually moving to a newer WebKit version. Perhaps it was simply the quicker option.

Here's the old browser user agent string:

"Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo Switch; WifiWebAuthApplet) AppleWebKit/601.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) NF/4.0.0.5.9 NintendoBrowser/5.1.0.13341"

And here's the new one as of 2.1.0:

"Mozilla/5.0 (Nintendo Switch; WifiWebAuthApplet) AppleWebKit/601.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) NF/4.0.0.5.10 NintendoBrowser/5.1.0.13343"

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time they've cherry picked WebKit patches.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I really want to use it as a media device, especially when docked. I multi-task a ton and I would like a better Youtube app than the crashy WiiU one or the weird connection problems the PS4 one has.

Used the wiiu browser? Its 10000x bettwr than the app.

Top Bottom