• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Marvel always brings the heat when it comes to casting. It's like they take this movie shit seriously or something.

If Paul Rudd and Rashida Jones are going to be in an Edgar Wright directed movie then it could very well be the best Marvel movie.

Rashida Jones would be awesome. Never even thought of that. I'm loving those Thor 2 pics too. Didn't realize we're this close to release.

According to this website, Rashida Jones is the frontrunner to play Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man.

Rashida-Jones---2013-Film-Independent-Spirit-Awards-in-Santa-Monica--10-560x728.jpg

oh god make it happen please please please

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Marvel’s Kevin Feige – “We’re Trying To Figure Out What To Do With Daredevil Now”

I had asked a question about Thor, this turned into talk about comedy and then about how some Marvel characters would require a movie with a different, darker tone.

Here’s a drop of Feige.

"We’re trying to figure out what to do with Daredevil now. Punisher could show up at one point. You know, once we get characters back into the Marvel fold we don’t want to do something right away, we want to do the smart thing at the smart time."

I think Daredevil and Punisher would be better suited for a TV series than film IMO.

Daredevil could be a really good street-level hero show, like Arrow is now. I'd watch it.

I was talking about that with someone somewhere the other day.

Daredevil on TV could be like Law & Order meets Arrow/Batman.
Trying to fight crime bosses like the big bad King Pin in the courtroom and in the streets.

richiek

Kevin Feige discusses James Spader portraying Ultron:

You hired James Spader to play Ultron in the next "Avengers" movie, what kind of voice were you looking for?

Well, I think it will be more than a voice role -- we'll be capturing his face and his body to create a whole performance. He's a very unique and incredibly exciting and unpredictable actor. And Ultron in the comics is a robot, but what's cool about him in the comics -- and certainly how Joss Whedon is interpreting him for the movie -- is that he is much more than just a robot. That he's infused withmuch character. And I don't want to say too much, but you can imagine James Spader will be very dynamic in his portrayal of this character.

Interesting comments considering that Ultron doesn't have a face in the comics.

J10

Banned
Certainly not the kind of face you'd think would require a lot of animation. For a movie I'd guess he needs a jaw hinge and some eyebrows at a minimum.

richiek

Marvel Studios President Hints at Buildup to ‘Avengers 3′ Infinity Gauntlet Storyline

While at the press junket for Thor: The Dark World, I had a chance to sit down with Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige and pick his brain about everything we here in the Screen Rant bullpen have dissected and analyzed (on the site or on our podcast) since long before Phase Two even began. And based on what we’ve seen and heard about films like Thor 2, Guardians of the Galaxy - and possible future properties including Doctor Strange and The Inhumans – it’s been clear that there’s a cosmic game afoot, and that that grinning Thanos at the end of Avengers is still in the shadows watching it all – but to what end.

Feige continues, speaking of certain MacGuffins in The Avengers and Thor 2, explaining that upcoming reveals (including a big one in Thor 2) tie into Guardians of the Galaxy.

“…And where it goes from there, we’ll see… But yes, the MacGuffin of ‘Guardians’ certainly plays into MacGuffins of the past.”

Fucking awesome. Also great to hear that Guardians of the Galaxy will be interconnected into the MCU, and not just a one off film.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I kinda like expected this. It would not suprise me, if in Thor 2 the Infinity Gauntlet would be stolen from Asgard and taken over to Thanos.

I seriously hope he's referring to the gauntlet and not reusing the cube.

It better be the fucking Infinity Gauntlet. Maybe Thanos using it as a ruse. People think he is after the Cosmic Cube, so the heroes try and protect it at all costs. Then he swoops in, takes the Infinity Gauntlet, and everyone is fucked big time.

J10

Banned
I think maybe Guardians could just deal with one of the Infinity Gems. Avengers already dealt with the Mind Gem in Loki's spear (that's popular speculation, Marvel hasn't said that explicitly). We know Collector is in GotG and in the comics he had possession of the Reality Gem before Thanos took it from him; my guess, based on the GotG plot synopsis, is that the Guardians are trying to keep it away from Thanos in the movie and that's why they're on the run. If there's a tie-in here with Thor 2, it should be with the Infinity Guantlet, but the Guantlet wouldn't have all the gems equipped yet. Maybe some of the movies in phase 3 could deal with people fighting over the rest of the gems.

richiek

I think maybe Guardians could just deal with one of the Infinity Gems. Avengers already dealt with the Mind Gem in Loki's spear (that's popular speculation, Marvel hasn't said that explicitly). We know Collector is in GotG and in the comics he had possession of the Reality Gem before Thanos took it from him; my guess, based on the GotG plot synopsis, is that the Guardians are trying to keep it away from Thanos in the movie and that's why they're on the run. If there's a tie-in here with Thor 2, it should be with the Infinity Guantlet, but the Guantlet wouldn't have all the gems equipped yet. Maybe some of the movies in phase 3 could deal with people fighting over the rest of the gems.

Supposedly, one of the post credit scenes for Thor 2 will feature
Benicio del Toro as the Collector.

Dave_6

^Hell yeah!

Edit: I wonder that since we're getting the teaser for that this week means that a GotG teaser will be with Thor 2?

J10

Banned
About the mid-credits scene:

That Variety review described the film's MacGuffin, the Aether, as a mass of red tendrils. The Tesseract is counterpart to it. That implies it's supposed to be one of the cosmic containment units from Infintiy War/Infinity Crusade, right?

This is getting super nerdy real fast.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What is the Gaf rule for spoilers like this? I dont want to know anything about the scenes, are they going to stay hidden until the movie official releases or have I to leave the thread?

Raguel

Is there gonna be a Thor The Dark World OT? I mean, it is only a week away from release in most countries. Not that it matters as most of GAF hates all things Marvel and it will turn to a shit storm of a thread.

TDLink

What is the Gaf rule for spoilers like this? I dont want to know anything about the scenes, are they going to stay hidden until the movie official releases or have I to leave the thread?

Well you're in the MCU discussion and spoiler thread so they are fair game. If you don't want to be spoiled on the movie I advise sticking to the OT until you have seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom