• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I finish my Nier playthrough before Automata?

NewDust

Let me turn the question of OP on it's head.

I don't have Nier, but Automata is arriving tomorrow (yeay). Would playing the original Nier at a later date (if I ever can get if for an affordable price) as a 'prequel' make sense? If not I probs juat watch a Youtube series.

LotusHD

Banned

I don't have Nier, but Automata is arriving tomorrow (yeay). Would playing the original Nier at a later date (if I ever can get if for an affordable price) as a 'prequel' make sense? If not I probs juat watch a Youtube series.

Personally I'd watch it before Automata, rather than watch/play it after Automata. Automata spoils some things after all.

Sylas

The drop in gameplay quality (because it will be significant) will wind up frustrating you in all likelihood. If the only way you'll be able to play the first Nier is by playing it after Automata, I'd suggest watch a youtube LP of it.

NewDust

Personally I'd watch it before Automata, rather than watch/play it after Automata. Automata spoils some things after all.

The drop in gameplay quality (because it will be significant) will wind up frustrating you in all likelihood. If the only way you'll be able to play the first Nier is by playing it after Automata, I'd suggest watch a youtube LP of it.

Thanks. Gotta try and restrain myself... Luckily I still have Horizon ZD and Yakuza 0 to keep me busy. And one of my favourite YT'ers (Keith Ballard/SebastianSB) already has a completed let's play on it.

Hektor

got the first ending

pCCYcnx.png

holy shit what a game. The 2nd half was nonstop heartbreak, I'm honestly shocked at how much it picks up in part 2.

Now I have to go back in and see the rest....

If you think that was a heartbreak, you're not going to survive this game

brinstar

Final update, finished the rest of the game and got all the endings

uGV3ttq.gif

I'm sooooo glad this game was somehow never spoiled for me. God, where do I even begin?
The perspective shifts on the 2nd playthrough, knowing the inevitable fate of the Shadowlord, all the shit Kaine's been through, the wolves, Fyra, the masked people, Yohna......

Anyway if anyone else was on the fence about playing through like I was please do, it's so worth it. Even though the 'game' part of this game is super clunky and weird it had me bawling by the end lol

See you in the Automata OT!

LotusHD

Banned
Final update, finished the rest of the game and got all the endings

uGV3ttq.gif

I'm sooooo glad this game was somehow never spoiled for me. God, where do I even begin?
The perspective shifts on the 2nd playthrough, knowing the inevitable fate of the Shadowlord, all the shit Kaine's been through, the wolves, Fyra, the masked people, Yohna......

Anyway if anyone else was on the fence about playing through like I was please do, it's so worth it. Even though the 'game' part of this game is super clunky and weird it had me bawling by the end lol

See you in the Automata OT!

Nice.

Top Bottom