• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So far, the "Thunder" Build is the one that's been making the rounds to events. Maybe Comic Con will get the Sadira Build? Or maybe the Sadira and Orchid builds are so close to completion, that they'll forgo new builds for public demo play until they have final release code complete?

Either way, this situation is a lot better than the gap between Thunder and Sadira. The XB1 Road tour is getting the game out to people in some way, Play XBLA is SUPPOSE to be streaming every Thursday until release (with the potential to show us content they'd never let loose in a public play environment), and the time to launch is drawing ever closer each day. It's crazy how much more gameplay we've seen of this game, than any other Next-gen title. Others get hype for 1 10 minute vid doc... we've got probably 10s or hours of unique KI matches logged already on video, starting with the hours of streams from right at E3.

Barzul

Is it true that we'll be seeing guest characters in KI? I saw a post on Reddit about this, like other iconic Rare characters and possibly from some of MS's other franchises.

ONI5

Neo Member
Is it true that we'll be seeing guest characters in KI? I saw a post on Reddit about this, like other iconic Rare characters and possibly from some of MS's other franchises.
That would be gret for the the other fighting games that MS owns if some of those characters appear.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Not true yet, no. It stems from the fact that the guys on stream last Thursday were VERY ready to give a "YES, we HAVE considered guest characters!" answer to one of the people in chat. Since it seems like such a strong answer, it seems very likely. Though It could be over a year before we see such a thing attempted, as the game will need to be successful to continue adding characters...

That would be gret for the the other fighting games that MS owns if some of those characters appear.

Saberwulf himself seems to be a big reference to games made by

Ultimate_Play_the_Game_logo.jpg

the company that the creators of Rare ran previously. Whether it be through direct guest characters, or just nods to past works, KI is no stranger to the influence of past products from it's creators.

(I think we can strongly see that KI's classic metal look, and even the use of "Ultimate" is directly inspired by Ultimate PTG there.)

There'd be no reason why they'd have to just draw from fighters. Inspirations, direct, or alluded to, could come from anywhere, and be worked into the universe. If Viva Pinata, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies can have constant KI references and teases in them, why can't KI reference those games, Kameo, Perfect Dark, or Jet Force Gemini?

I wouldn't be to surprised if part of the reason why this KI exist, is because MS figured they needed a fighter to compete with the (expected to succeed!) Playstation All Stars. So a "Microsoft Allstars Featuring Rare & Killer Instinct!" might not have been too unlikely during the concept stages...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the info, derFeef!

I'll be curious to see the training mode and also how it differs from the dojo mode.

Aye, agreed. I keep thinking it'd be pretty cool to see some story-like elements in the Dojo; such as each character having a master (Though artwork) that addresses them personally about what to do next.

Don't really expect all that, but it'd be nice.

Thanks for posting the links.=3

Surely, was an oversight, haha. "Hey guys, go to this place which was linked 7 pages back!".

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
is the stream happening now or has it ended already?

either way I'll be hitting the archive as I've got a shitload of work to do for tomorrow D:

Silky

Banned
Characters coming no later than March. Beta to try out the new cast. First is hopefully in Jan, the next in Mar.

Beta testers of the characters will get stuff to use in-game.

Versus AI mode. So you can dick around against AI. Apparently....it's the Arcade Mode w/o a boss?

There is a 'Vile' difficulty.

.la1n

Orchid game play to be shown before the end of the month :)

edit: got me poker face :p

edit edit: Markman is on the stream so maybe we will hear more about the fight stick.

Silky

Banned
KI2 Might make it to XBS by Season 2. :OOOOO

Spectator Mode confirmed. As well as replay saving obviously.

Silky

Banned
Character screen button mapping is in~!
No Tag Team mode.

Sine Double Helix are KOF fans, if there were a Tag Team mode, it'll be more like KOF than 2v2. (INSTANT RESPECT.)

.la1n

Awesome, I like Jago's ultra cancel. Orchid confirmed to have cobra spring batons and also electrified.

edit: they respect that she could morph in the classics and they think fans will be satisfied...

Silky

Banned
Banjo deconfirmed for KI. LOG is a possibility, though. Guest characters are waaaay into Season 3, though.

They "love" Battletoads.

Characters 7 AND 8 will be revealed before Launch.

Character "7" is done?

.la1n

Good they realize that adding most guest characters would be silly and better left for much later seasons if they did it at all. If there are any guest characters they will have to fit the theme of the game.

LTWheels

Characters coming no later than March. Beta to try out the new cast. First is hopefully in Jan, the next in Mar.

Beta testers of the characters will get stuff to use in-game.

Versus AI mode. So you can dick around against AI. Apparently....it's the Arcade Mode w/o a boss?

There is a 'Vile' difficulty.

lol I thought they said 'Kyle' difficulty.

Character's 7+8 will be revealed before launch.

Top Bottom