• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet 2017's Kamen Rider - Kamen Rider Build!

Sandfox

I thought the original Rider was a doctor or something? At least super smart?

Takeshi Hongo was a prodigy college biochemistry student at Jounan University's Biochemical Department, in which he also worked alongside Professor Midorikawa. Born on August 15, 1948, Hongo was a young man with an abnormal IQ of 600 as well as amazing physical prowess which attracted the attention of the secret organization Shocker, which planned to bring about a new order to the world, where artificially enhanced beings, both cybernetically and organically, stood at the top of the world.
Super smart is an understatement.

Slayven

Yeah I can mentally check off Toei film sets now. They should do inception and film inside a plastic lawn furniture warehouse

NastyBook

Design looks dope. Bike looks meh. Haven't watched Kamen Rider since W, so who does good translations for these nowadays? Is TV-Nihon still around?

Tizoc

wHEN i read 'Build' I thought he'd be a bodybuilder :V
Dude don't look swole enough, Doggie do something about this!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
latest

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Design looks dope. Bike looks meh. Haven't watched Kamen Rider since W, so who does good translations for these nowadays? Is TV-Nihon still around?

why would you do that

never ever touch TVN unless it's ultimately the only thing you have

wHEN i read 'Build' I thought he'd be a bodybuilder :V
Dude don't look swole enough, Doggie do something about this!

oh you

PS: anthros only

Tiu Neo

They are, but there are other options, where they translate or adapt most of the terms and have better quality control.

Boss Doggie

trailer

>10 years ago the ”Pandora Box" was found on Mars. On Earth, it created walls that divided Japan into Touto (Eastern Capital), Hokuto (Northern Capital) and Seito (Western Capital) and brought along the Smash, unidentified beigns that attack people.

>Sento Kiryu, prodigy physicist, transforms into Kamen Rider Build to fight the Smash.

>The Touto government requests his help in deciphering the mystery behind the Pandora Box and the Smash.

>There is one mystery not even Sento can solve: his own past. The only memory he has left of more than 20 years is the existence of a sinister figure called, Knight Rogue.

>There is one man who holds the key to Sento's memories. A prison escapee by the name of Ryuga Banjo, who adamantly denies commiting the murder he is accused of.

>Misora Isurugi who works with Sento, has the ability to purify the harmful components the Smash are made of.

>Sento transforms into Kamen Rider Build in order to uncover the mystery surrounding the Pandora Box, the Smash and his amnesia.

Atsuhiro Inukai as Sento Kiryu (Build)
>Kamen Rider Build
>Has amnesia, Cafe Master, Soichi helps him.
>goes to work at Touto Institute to solve all the Pandora Box puzzle.

Eiji Akuso as Ryuga Banjo
>Ex-fighter, got disqualified for killing a scientist at Touto Institute.
>escape from the prison, got help from Sento
>He and Sento share the same fate

Kaho Takada as Misora Isurugi
>Soichi's daughter. Shut-in girl.
>has the ability to purify the harmful components the Smash are made of.

Yuki Ochi as Nariaki Utsumi
>Touto Prime Minister's secretary
>Assistance to the director of Touto Institute
>Monitoring Sento's researching on the Pandora Box

Yukari Taki as Sawa Takigawa
>A journalist to uncover the mystery of the Pandora Box
>Build saves her from Smash
>Provide the information to Sento

Kensei Mikami as Gentoku Himuro
>Director of Touto Institute. An ambitious and prideful man.
>Ordered Sento to take full advantage on researching the Pandora Box.
>Lead the Touto Special Force to pursuing the prisoner escapee

Yasuyuki Maekawa as Soichi Isurugi
>Nachita Cafe Master and Misora's father.
>Supports Sento fighting as Build and enjoy watching his success.

the guy playing Kamen Rider Claws / Ryuga is Hiroki from Kamen Rider Amazons season 2 lol

HeavenlyE

I've never watched any Kamen Rider is it good? I was thinking of watching fourze after seeing a picture of it the other day

BTA

I've never watched any Kamen Rider is it good? I was thinking of watching fourze after seeing a picture of it the other day

Fourze was my first and remains my favorite. It's fantastic, but generally very light hearted and set in a high school, so if that's not your thing you might want to start with a different Rider.

Boss Doggie

and to add context, it was a show made just right after the Tohoku tsunami, so it has that lighthearted, uplifting feel to it

Top Bottom