• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aho-Girl is disturbing as hell... it's funny on occasion but most of the time it's seriously fucked up o_O

I mean, none of the characters resemble real people so it's relatively easy to not take anything in it seriously.

Zweizer

Banned
Aho-Girl is disturbing as hell... it's funny on occasion but most of the time it's seriously fucked up o_O

This is par for the course for Hiroyuki, lol. You're talking about the guy behind this:

cat83s5n.jpg

Soushi Souai (Liberum) Ch1-20: In all honesty, the best way to describe this manga would be; Horimiya's comedy, but with the love story being between a blond delinquent boy and a black-haired serious girl, with all the odd hijinx that you'd expect due to this odd pairing. Hilarity ensues.

Mousou Telepathy Ch451-452: Uhuuuh... sure it is.

Black Torch Ch8: Continues to be one of my favorite shounen series currently in production.

Watashi no Shounen (Takano Hitomi) Ch2: Might be because she's not drunk this chapter, but she defiantly seemed a lot less interested in him - in a calling him pretty all the time way. And felt more focused on being a good surrogate family member to him.

Ballroom E Youkoso Ch44 (I think): Nice to finally have a full-length chapter again. Especially as we did a deep dive into Kugimiya's past, as well as how his old self-was so similar to Tartara.

Palace Meidi Ch13: No other Romance series puts me on edge quite like this one does. Hoping nothing too bad is released in the papers...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Itoshi no Kana

Summary: guy moves into haunted apartment and proceeds to have copious amounts of sex with the ghost living there.

Chase17

One Piece 878
Mirror world bout should be good.

Dr. Stone 27
Strong transition chapter. Interesting new info on Kohaku. Hope the actual tournament doesn't take too long. What a cliffhanger!

MHA 153

I wonder if they are actually going to give Deku the win here or some shenanigans will be afoot. Nighteye might step it up.

Robot x Laserbeam 25
So I guess the glasses are back. Guess it makes sense that Suzaku wasn't going all out. Yozan still looming. Similar to the Kuroko series bath scene.

We Never Learn 31
Yuiga mistaking a 19 year old girl for an elementary school student, "hilarious".

Wonder if (1) cram school will last more than more chapter and (2) new girl will get inserted into the study group.

Black Clover 125
Nice conclusion to the match. Fake xerx put downs were good. Excited to see how the Finral match plays out.

Promised Neverland 55
Calm before the storm.

Might be time to catch up on food wars.

Angry Grimace

Itoshi no Kana 6

Getting his beer cold by putting it in a ghost's cleavage. That's apparently a thing. I mean, along with all the human-ghost sex.

Boogiepop

So, anyone have any thoughts on digital import/Japanese language manga? Considering this more as an option lately as I'm wanting to move more to a "digital in general, physical solely for the stuff I REALLY need to own in print" sort of method to limit space issues. A quick Google search showed eBook Japan as an option. Is that the way to go? And perhaps most importantly... I shouldn't have any worries about using it overseas being a violation of service or anything, should I? Because amongst everything else, I'd want to avoid the possibility of my collection getting nuked for such a thing, as I'm absolutely the sort of person to purchase a lot of stuff...

Also open for hearing if there are any other options I should consider. Pretty much just really want a Japanese equivalent to my Comixology account (though even if I can't get such sales... honestly, just getting Japanese MSRP without shipping would still be really nice).

casiopao

Tenku shinpan 184

Nooo my wakfu Kuon.

Risou Hime Seikatsu 8

And they end uo doing xxx at night lol.^_^

Kingdom 532

Well that chase ene up super lame lol. Our horse is slower than theirs.0_0

You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead 19-20
There's a lesson here about developing an interest in any girls that aren't Hayakawa. There's also the SAME FUCKING LESSON ABOUT DOING WHAT SHE SAYS EVERY SINGLE TIME JESUS CHRIST MC. The fact that he's still alive at this point is nothing short of a Christmas miracle. Especially with companions like the president who have a, uh, loose attitude towards life-or-death teamwork.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 41

RIP Spine-chan. If this was an event from early in the princess's residency, it explains why he didn't just immediately give in and save himself the hassle/suffering.

Yuri Natsu -Kagaya Inn- 2

Behold the terrifying matchmaking power of the Lily Room. I suspect this won't be its last 'victims'. Wonder if this story will lead into/answer the perplexing mystery of the original Yuri Family short.

Zweizer

Banned
Okusan ch54

Scaring children at night and befriending delinquents. Is there anything boobs can't do?

New Game! ch62

Really feels like Kou is doing everything she can to ensure a clean departure.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch41

When the Princess wants you to do something, you can either obey, or run away and then eventually obey. On the bright side there weren't any (on-screen) casualties this time.

Kingdom ch632

How nice of Riboku to give him this little speech.

The Ancient Magus' Bride ch41

Elias really fucked up here.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch642

Seems like Tomo's gonna lose.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jagaaaaaan ch. 1-24

Well, this is some dumb fucking schlock alright. Admittedly, some of it is kind of amusing, like the over the top monster designs, the black humor delivered with an ear to ear grin, or the fact that the MC has a Furby owl sidekick because sure why not, really. Everything to do with Robohata and his storyline has my eyes rollin' extra hard though and taking a look at raws for upcoming chapters, he doesn't get a bullet through the head just yet, so I can stop here. Should've picked something else from the backlog.

Madoka - Magia Record Reports II p1

Rise from your soul gem! Pleased to see this return, since it seemed a shame to end it right before launching the game and introducing a ton of new characters. Though the disconnect between its lightheartedness and the in-game suffering'll be even more pronounced now, unless it goes full tomato.

Praise be the Mochiverse~
I'm no longer sure whether the Mochiverse is something to be praised or feared.

Usobuko

Banned
Jagaaaaaan ch. 1-24

Well, this is some dumb fucking schlock alright. Admittedly, some of it is kind of amusing, like the over the top monster designs, the black humor delivered with an ear to ear grin, or the fact that the MC has a Furby owl sidekick because sure why not, really. Everything to do with Robohata and his storyline has my eyes rollin' extra hard though and taking a look at raws for upcoming chapters, he doesn't get a bullet through the head just yet, so I can stop here. Should've picked something else from the backlog.

If you're familiar with the past works of the story-writer, this is what you'll come to expect.

I like the artstyle so much.

This looks awfully familiar.

DNAbro

Apparently Viz isn't currently planning to translate the "+ chapters" of My Hero Academia Vigilantes which is a shame. They felt almost necessary for the story to work. They are also releasing a 2nd chapter this week so they are almost already caught up with the fan translation.

new game 62

Well that was a nice chapter. Except for the fact we know Yagami is most likely going to be leaving. So sad.

we never learn 27 - 28

Of course everyone he knows just happens to be shopping for underwear.

Also that was a fast transition to despair.
olKTJmR.png

Magi 240-352

......I see what people mean when they said that series jumped the shark for the final arc. I understand nothing of whats going on right now other than plot armor extravaganza.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Louis busted out the fucking Sharingan on those lions.

The Witch's House: The Diary of Ellen 3-4
I've said repeatedly that even the most pitiable backstory won't make me feel sorry for Ellen, but jesus fuck this is pushing the limits of my resolve.

And so it continues. You know, if we'd met in different circumstances, I think we could've been good friends. But fuck you.

On a related note, I can't really begrudge what she did to her first 'friend'. Running away like that must've been crushing for her, so it's only fitting that he was treated similarly in response. I'm still impressed by the faithful attention to detail here, not just in the way he was disposed of, but also in the montage of her subsequent victims being spidered, backstabbed, busted and lending hands.

1 LN chapter to 2 manga chapters seems to be the conversion rate here, but I'm wondering if that might change once her last friend graces the scene. It'd be fitting given her importance, plus a greater buildup would make for a more substantial emotional payoff. I feel like playing the game is almost necessary to get a significant reaction from the climax, but the manga author obviously can't assume that all the readers have, so it'll be interesting to see how she handles it.

Taruranto

Birdemen 42

Karasuma came out to his mum and left town with the other Birdmen.
Pretty big game changer. A shame the scans are so behind/slow, I had to re-read the last chapter because I forgot about the new ability they developed.

The series could really use an anime to boost popularity.

Magi 240-352

......I see what people mean when they said that series jumped the shark for the final arc. I understand nothing of whats going on right now other than plot armor extravaganza.

I sorta managed to have a vague understanding of what was happening, but no way I could explain or repeat it lol. The last chapters have been a total mess, though.

casiopao

Helck 101.2

.....I am not prepared for the feels there.O_O The early part of the chapter is full of joke and light hearted there. Whats with the sudden dead flag and feels part.T_T

Clessssssss.T_T

DNAbro

Beastars 50

"oh why are people reacting so much I guess I should catch up and see what happened"

oh fucking shit dude. There was absolutely no way I could have anticipated that.

Top Bottom