• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Rootbeer

Banned
new pics comparing ASM2 spidey from 2014 to the 2015 Marvel Comics Universe Spidey

10858448_10152789128653495_6048478058537536514_n.jpg

10363901_10152789128718495_2261652800593346921_n.jpg

Of course I love MU 3.75 :) The problem is that you can't really get into 3.75 anymore as Hasbro has shifted their focus so much that we're not getting the nice 3.75 selection we used to.

But if you were lucky enough to be collecting over the last 10 years or so there were chances to get a ton of great figures in that scale

really nice collection you have

Nice collection! I used to love MU, always wanted to find that Frost Giant and Beta Ray Bill, and only switched over to Legends a year ago because Kaine got a Legend instead of a MU, and then everything started to go to shit. It's a shame they're so content to let this line die. It sounds like Kaine might actually get an upcoming MU figure, so maybe I'll slide back into them this year.
Am I missing something? Hasbro still put out four waves of new 3.75 Marvel figures out last year and they've already got two planned for this year. They just changed the name from Marvel Universe to Marvel Infinite and gave them new packaging. Are they just putting them out at a slower rate then they used to? I just started getting into the line a couple weeks ago.

Rootbeer

Banned
Am I missing something? Hasbro still put out four waves of new 3.75 Marvel figures out last year and they've already got two planned for this year. They just changed the name from Marvel Universe to Marvel Infinite and gave them new packaging. Are they just putting them out at a slower rate then they used to? I just started getting into the line a couple weeks ago.

lots of reissues... fewer being released... it's not dead but i think it's best days are behind it especially after the recent price hike they did on them.

dangeROSS

Man, that new Spider-Man figure looks really nice to me. The proportions are much better then the Amazing Spidey 2 figure. I love the bright colors and how well the painted web lines on his costume turned out. I'm definitely going to have to pick him up, even though I'm trying not to add any more stuff to my collection. These are hitting in the U.S. now?

Also more funny action figure photos:

PZ5LJtql.jpg

9Ze40lml.jpg

YkRcMSSl.jpg

3UttvWll.jpg

AKpueUBl.jpg

U6TM25xl.jpg

G731cM0l.jpg

g8mmIRTl.jpg

rGJgoyhl.jpg

dankir

10958935_10204933773120787_6469928283211983600_n.jpg

Some posts great posts from One Sixth Republic

10866099_929803573704010_6604539902214505610_o.jpg

10481851_10204964356462500_4927586935538120903_n.jpg

Age of Ultron Mark 44/ Black Widow
1965082_787856597965244_4175142870085850117_n.jpg

Cap and Hulk Buster( Scale is way off)
10629783_787856587965245_1334355989426669276_n.jpg

10599567_10152665861827467_7484773257921181588_n.jpg

Didn't know AF GAF was a thing until now. Here's my evergoing Hot Toys collection. Just got Robocop in the other day.

15817897144_fc9d674487_b.jpg
Is that Dredd custom?

EDIT: Nevermind, its from the Art Figures line. Sweet! I didn't even know there was a quality 1/6th scale Dredd out there. LOVE it. Time to buy.:)

dankir

Is that Dredd custom?

EDIT: Nevermind, its from the Art Figures line. Sweet! I didn't even know there was a quality 1/6th scale Dredd out there. LOVE it. Time to buy.:)

Not expensive either I got mine for 159 USD, should be arriving this week.

Very nice collection.

Great pics Hologram ;)
Thanks guys! Avatar gave it away huh. ;) I'm happy there's another thread on all this besides sideshowcollectors.

Awesome pics. I really like the Avengers Loki more than TDW's. Too bad I missed him :/
I'm not a fan of TDW's Loki either. It has a stronger sculpt but it doesn't really scream Loki to me as much as the Avengers version. I rather have the helmet and scepter on him.

Holy crap, I've always managed to resist these hyper expensive toys but I need that Dredd, where can I get it?
It's by Art Figures and it's a unlicensed figure. Quality is fantastic though and is pretty much on par with other 1/6 figures. They actually just released a Batch 2 for the figure fixing some of it's problems such as the missing gold on the shoulder pads. I need to get around to painting mine up. Figure isn't as expensive as Hot Toys as well. You can find it for roughly $160-$180 right now.

wow Sentient those pics are amazing. Did you take those pics? You'll have to let me know how you take such great pics
Indeed I did, thanks for the compliment! It's from my display cabinet. Was taken with a Nikon D7100 and a Sigma 35mm 1.4.

Forgot to include my Joker and Armory in the photos. Here's my Nolan Bat shelf.

15994572095_eb71d34709_b.jpg

Messi

So I bought this today.

Cross posting from ComicsGAF.

Apologies for the shit phone quality pictures. There is very little daylight here now. Pictures not doing the figure justice. Easily one of the closest likenesses I own. Fantastic figure

Hot Toys Age of Ultron Captain America has been ordered! Paid in full and all.
So I bought this today.

Apologies for the shit phone quality pictures. There is very little daylight here now. Pictures not doing the figure justice. Easily one of the closest likenesses I own. Fantastic figure
CUT THE CHECK.
new pics comparing ASM2 spidey from 2014 to the 2015 Marvel Comics Universe Spidey

10858448_10152789128653495_6048478058537536514_n.jpg

10363901_10152789128718495_2261652800593346921_n.jpg
ASM2 Spidey was already good and comic Spidey looks even better!

Lone Wolf

I am glad this thread was made. I quite a few action figures in storage. Ill have to get them out and take a pic. Many are the old Joyride studios Halo figures.

dankir

So I bought this today.

Are you in NA? Still waiting for him to arrive on our shores.

Drayco21

They've increased the price, greatly reduced the articulation, softened the sculpts, limited the amount of characters and greatly slowed down production. The figures they've shown off for this year are even worse than their already pared down Avengers movie and Cartoon figures, and are barely a step above the dollar store 5POA budget figures they were doing a few years ago. The small handful of new figures from last year like Deathlok, Wasp and Death's Head are basically going to be the last of the MU-quality figures for the time being, and Hasbro is clearly shifting focus away from their 3 3/4" lines to focus on 6". As great as Legends are, it's a real bummer.

Rootbeer

Banned
<edit> added hot toys obi wan and luke to my post!!!!

Yup that's the Thanos wave (well, not Thor... he's from the Odin wave)

Zerojul

<edit> added hot toys obi wan and luke to my post!!!!

Yup that's the Thanos wave (well, not Thor... he's from the Odin wave)

Cool. I'm totally ready for that HT Ben Kenobi, but I'll wait for a RotJ Luke. Bespin version is sold out everywhere around here anyway (or totally overpriced).

I hate all these 3.75" to 4" figures on the market. They are awfully made in production and cost too much.

LOL no(originally at least, their 3.75 these days should be like $1 though),
but hasbro ran all their 3.75 lines into the ground.

Started with simply cutting articulation from vehicle drivers in GI Joe,
Then we get
IM3a6-37.jpg

L:Iron Man 2 R:Avengers and that McDonald's toy in the middle is Hasbro's downgrade for Iron Man 3

Next they completely drop 3.75 for Guardians despite every MCU line being that scale from Iron Man 2 onwards and do a waste of plastic 2.5 line.

And finally more McDonald's toys for Age of Ultron.

Rootbeer

Banned
maybe they are reissuing it?

man I had no idea hot toys was making star wars even back then... i thought they were only just starting to do star wars stuff

They don't reissue figures unless if they decide to do a 2.0 version for an outdated figure. That Bespin Luke won't get a reissue. You can pick it up on the market from people selling it for roughly $300. Sold mine a couple of weeks ago for around that much.

They're going to release another Luke figure soon though. Probably with Leia with both of them representing their ANH outfits.

Figures on display at conventions are just there to show them off. So if you see them displaying an old figure it doesn't mean they're reissuing them.

Man, that new Spider-Man figure looks really nice to me. The proportions are much better then the Amazing Spidey 2 figure. I love the bright colors and how well the painted web lines on his costume turned out. I'm definitely going to have to pick him up, even though I'm trying not to add any more stuff to my collection. These are hitting in the U.S. now?

Also more funny action figure photos:

hahaha that Kraven figure has the greatest expression that suits so many situations. He occupies all the extremes of happy, angry, surprised, confused, excited..what an awesome figure.

Originally, I was going to wait until the
Mark 45
for my next Hot Toys Iron Man, but recently I've been considering getting one of the other armours from Iron Man 3, or the Mark 3 later this year. The problem is I'm only willing to buy one for now and I was going to buy the MGR:R Raiden figure, so can anyone help with this? Which should I buy?

Mark 45
for my next Hot Toys Iron Man, but recently I've been considering getting one of the other armours from Iron Man 3, or the Mark 3 later this year. The problem is I'm only willing to buy one for now and I was going to buy the MGR:R Raiden figure, so can anyone help with this? Which should I buy?
Get Raiden. There is going to be no shortage of Hot Toys Iron Man figures. I doubt they'll do Raiden ever again. Lucky enough to have even gotten the one that they're doing.

dankir

Mark 45

Well variety is my preference with Hot Toys. I have 16 Iron Man HT figure and getting pretty weary of the standard armors, so the unique ones are most interesting to me.

Looking forward to Igor shortly and Striker and Shotgun when they are finally released.

Raiden does look bad ass thought so I would get that to be honest.

Downgrades and rereleases.
The Black Cat for example(and Big Time Spiderman) had all torso articulation removed as well as no wrist articulation, wtf.

$10 and over for that crap no thank you, only reason Im getting her is because I wanted Black Cat since Marvel Universe started.

Went to a local comic shop in Buffalo to grab Star Wars issue 2. There was a $10 minimum to use a credit card...hmmmm.....what could I buy to get me over that limit?

$35 later I have Thrasher suit Batman.

Thank you action figure GAF!

aUITcit.jpg

I'm just waiting to see which one of you will be the first to order this when it is available.

It won't be me it won't be me it won't be me it'll probably be me it won't be me.

Went to a local comic shop in Buffalo to grab Star Wars issue 2. There was a $10 minimum to use a credit card...hmmmm.....what could I buy to get me over that limit?

$35 later I have Thrasher suit Batman.

Thank you action figure GAF!

You've made an excellent decision.

Top Bottom