• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Village

In DC there are just entities that are science magic and have yet to be explained in full because jack kirby left before he finished the new gods.

I would also argue that despite marvel's attempts, thor is strait magic because you can pray to thor and he hears you. Like no joke, that's a thing, it sparked the whole god butcher shit. So I'm putting thor firmly on the " fuck you its magic" category

I would also argue DC magic is on the top of tier list, like a good visual explanation would be this

1337802-spec3.jpg
Magical being in DC tend to just be above and beyond non magical beings, and there's a lot of them. And magical beings tend to have powers, even lower leveled ones that are above and beyond their peers on like hero villian levels. Magical folks operate on an entierly different wavelength. You can get close like reverse flash existing in every second of every minute through out time so you can't kill him but for the most part, there is a magical god wall, or it tends to be the reverse of marvel where you though that space thing was technology, not as actually old ass magic and an old ass god. And we not even talking about folks like the phantom stranger, who seems to be all powerful and no one knows what the fuck he does... or what he's about. He just...exists

I would argue this until rebirth

Because Dr. Manhattan is a thing, and that throws a wrench into all of that shit

In DC there are just entities that are science magic and have yet to be explained in full because jack kirby left before he finished the new gods.

I would also argue that despite marvel's attempts, thor is strait magic because you can pray to thor and he hears you. Like no joke, that's a thing, it sparked the whole god butcher shit. So I'm putting thor firmly on the " fuck you its magic" category

I would also argue DC magic is on the top of tier list, like a good visual explanation would be this

Magical being in DC tend to just be above and beyond non magical beings, and there's a lot of them. And magical beings tend to have powers, even lower leveled ones that are above and beyond their peers on like hero villian levels. Magical folks operate on an entierly different wavelength. You can get close like reverse flash existing in every second of every minute through out time so you can't kill him but for the most part, there is a magical god wall, or it tends to be the reverse of marvel where you though that space thing was technology, not as actually old ass magic and an old ass god. And we not even talking about folks like the phantom stranger, who seems to be all powerful and no one knows what the fuck he does... or what he's about. He just...exists

I would argue this until rebirth

Because Dr. Manhattan is a thing, and that throws a wrench into all of that shit
Black Alice is also a thing too.

Village

Eventually someone will remember that Tim is the GOAT bat kid and rescue him from the trash heap.

One, god no.

But two, its not about whether you think whether he's the coolest. Its utility. Tim as of currently brings jack shitus to the batman dynamic. We as of currently have one of the chillest bruce's in the history of ever. Jason is chill as fuck, Dick is chill as fuck. We got duke who is also chill and reasonable as fuck. And the only not reasonable one is time and parenting will fix that.

Having a very intelligence voice of reason robin, kind of looses all charm, when they all over time developed that trait. That's the issue with Tim, he's a character sure. But he's more of a narrative tool if anything, and now that a bunch of characters now... have access to that narrative tool... he just kinda exists. And is the least cool version of that. He's steve robin. He's the robin that thought " i'm going to be red robin " that's what Steve Robin thinks is cool.

I don't hate him, but i'm not gonna pretend that the reason he's there isn't because they literally in the current batman JL , TT landscape have no use for that character. And everyone is loving every other robin. So he'd just be around.

I think what solidified his fate even more, is that in an age of bringing back old versions of heroes. They literally just gave Damien the TT and then Gave Damien a super boy. They brought back old wally fucking west, to hang out with his older dick grayson titans variant. And Tim is definitely still locked up, by a guy who I am now hope is orginal highschool rough draft superman

zeemumu

Slayven are there any comics where smaller scale villains get wrecked by even larger scale villains? I'm not talking about Doctor Doom coming for the Kingpin or something. I'm talking like Galactus coming for The Hand.

Slayven

Slayven are there any comics where smaller scale villains get wrecked by even larger scale villains? I'm not talking about Doctor Doom coming for the Kingpin or something. I'm talking like Galactus coming for The Hand.

off the top of my head Final Crisis: Run.

The Human Flame(one shot Martian Manhunter villain) has every supervillain and superhero on earth gunning for him because they believe he started Final Crisis

zeemumu

The Human Flame(one shot Martian Manhunter villain) has every supervillain and superhero on earth gunning for him because they believe he started Final Crisis

That works. But now I really do want to see Galactus fight The Hand. And then Eternity comes in and he's like "Hey guys, what's going on in here." It couldn't be someone like Doom because Doom would fuckin' fight them anyway.

Hang on, I can hear someone watching Van Helsing in the other room.

I remember Molecule Man destroying Norman Osborn and his Dark Avengers.

Dai101

Banned
Black Widow in Age of Ultron makes way more sense now

Yup.

Always looked shady to me why she was written like that so suddenly. Now i get it. Good thing i never liked the dude or any of his works before Avengers/AoE.

Is damn great he has anything to do with AoS, we dodged a bullet there.

LotusHD

Banned
Yup.

Always looked shady to me why she was written like that so suddenly. Now i get it. Good thing i never liked the dude or any of his works before Avengers/AoE.

Oh god lol

Malyse

Stepping out on ya wife don't make you a bad feminist, guys.

----

I'll just repeat what I always say: "you can like something that's problematic, but liking something doesn't make it not problematic" and "you can separate the art from the artist unless the artist completely permeates the art".

Shy

Stepping out on ya wife don't make you a bad feminist, guys.
LMAO.
I'll just repeat what I always say: "you can like something that's problematic, but liking something doesn't make it not problematic" and "you can separate the art from the artist unless the artist completely permeates the art".
Yep. I agree with that.

Slayven

Yup.

BW in the Cap films are almost a different character from the Avenger films
I think people forgot about this in that thread. Somone said that his work on Buffy speaks for itself, but there is a clear drop off from then to now.
I never put him up that high because his stuff was never that great, enjoyable. But lets be real......chinese cussing in space? Really?
Nah, I was just thinking how characters like Daisy or Jemma might have fared if he was the one writing for them

Sistas are really doing it for themselves on AoS. They would have never grown like that if Whedon had something to do with it

LotusHD

Banned

I don't even follow Whedon like that, much less have him on a pedestal, so no issues there lol, just pondering to myself.

[
WORST! How 'bout AIDA?

D:

Sistas are really doing it for themselves on AoS. They would have never grown like that if Whedon had something to do with it

Agreed.

Top Bottom