• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Throwing dead animals on the ice is disgraceful

Are NHL analysts going to include that as part of the great atmosphere in Nashville just like octopus in Detroit?

At least in Florida people threw toy rats =/

Weren't there a couple actual live rats thrown on the ice during the '96 run?

PillarEN

No. The real rat was in the locker room. Then word got out that Scott Mellanby assassinated the poor furry creature with a hockey stick (probably with an illegal curve). Despicable people from Miami then started throwing toy rats. Y'all cowards don't even throw real rats.

EDIT: Oh like a couple live rats tossed along with the toy ones? Can't say I've heard of that.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Fisher injury (kinda deep in the video): https://streamable.com/b6tz8

Nashville's center depth is woeful. Fisher out would mean that Fiddler more-or-less has to play. Beyond that...is Vladislav Kamenev, who based on his couple of NHL games this season is absolutely not ready for primetime.

PillarEN

Any team update though? Could just be a soreness in the neck where they were careful, but might not mean anything by the next game.

Cake Boss

Banned
DAMMYc2V0AUcFDS.jpg

DAMMY7tUMAIfn-8.jpg

Started from the bottom...

imBask

Banned
I can already hear Bergevin : "well just look at the Senators, you don't need all star forwards in this league anymore"

For our future, this is actually worse than Subban winning

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.bardown.com/preds-fans-set-an-nhl-record-after-filip-forsberg-s-late-goal-1.756273
y6HiePA.png

According to ESPN 102.5 The Game, the Preds faithful at Bridgestone Arena reached 129.4 dB while cheering after Forsberg’s late game-tying goal, which is a record for loudest NHL arena.

As for the record for loudest crowd roar at an indoor sporting event, they fell 1 dB shy of the record which was set by Kansas basketball fans at Allen Fieldhouse earlier this year.

Clapping practically off the charts. RIP my brave Ducks.

There was at least one I remember.

No. The real rat was in the locker room. Then word got out that Scott Mellanby assassinated the poor furry creature with a hockey stick (probably with an illegal curve). Despicable people from Miami then started throwing toy rats. Y'all cowards don't even throw real rats.

EDIT: Oh like a couple live rats tossed along with the toy ones? Can't say I've heard of that.

That was the original rat who sacrificed his body for a playoff run. Sane people throw plastic rats, but it is Florida.

j-wood

I'm still so bummed we lost that game last night off that lucky deflection :(

Really didn't want to have to win another game in Duck City

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm still so bummed we lost that game last night off that lucky deflection :(

Really didn't want to have to win another game in Duck City

If you want to discount luck, just pretend that the refs saw the punch to the face and cross check that occurred seconds before the tying goal and consider the game a regulation loss.

j-wood

If you want to discount luck, just pretend that the refs saw the punch to the face and cross check that occurred seconds before the tying goal and consider the game a regulation loss.

That's fine, but you know damn well every single sports team in existence has had that go in their favor at some point, including the ducks.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's fine, but you know damn well every single sports team in existence has had that go in their favor at some point, including the ducks.

And the Preds have never had a deflection go their way, into the net? Throwing the puck into coverage like Perry did is a deliberate strategy, it isn't luck.

j-wood

And the Preds have never had a deflection go their way, into the net? Throwing the puck into coverage like Perry did is a deliberate strategy, it isn't luck.

They sure have. I wasn't knocking the ducks, I said it sucks to lose on that. It's a valid strategy, but it's still luck and not like he planned the puck to deflect in the way he did.

You throw it in and then it's just chance.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Well yeah because they would explode and the ice would be ruined.

Or did you mean cat creepers?

Marvie has Minecraft on the mind. I know this because he's always playing it whenever I turn my Switch on. I can hardly blame him, Minecraft is a gem of a game. Everyone knows it.

Socreges

Banned
Some Pens fans are legit calling for Murray to start game four for Pittsburgh. LOL. Quickly forgetting that Fleury had two shutouts in three games and only gave up two goals in those three games before the Pens laid an egg last night. And that Fleury has been the Pens' MVP and the reason they're where they are right now.

Goddamn I hate reading the opinions of other sports fans sometimes.
LOL

a916

Murray is starting tonight for Pens. Major WOW. I don't agree, but trust in Sullivan.

Oh man lol, they threw him under the bus REAL quick. Fleury stole them the series in Washington lol... if the Sens win this game, Sullivan is going to look REAL stupid.

No, because all that guy ever cares about are Finnish players.

yeah, so what? why should i care about teams with no interesting Finnish players? i have no connection to them. i will never visit Ottawa or Nashville or Pittsburgh or Anaheim, could not care less about their teams. and yea yea they have some Finns like Vatanen and Määttä but they are not future 50+ goal scorers so no interest.

seriously though.. i am rooting for Ottawa. GO KARLSSON!! even though you are a dirty dirty Swede.

Any cool post rock recommendations, MultiJhonny?

I should also go back to the end for some more.

MultiJhonny is good guy

ahem, lemme handle post-rock, here's some new and some old stuff i love:

Yndi Halda - Helena

This Will Destroy You - Powdered Hand
1 Mile North - Evil Architecture
Rachel's - Systems/Layers
Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - Yet We Continue To Build There, The Structure
Mono - Recoil, Ignite
Mogwai - Tracy
A Silver Mt. Zion - There's A River In The Valley Made Of Melting Snow
Explosions in the Sky - What Do You Go Home To?
World's End Girlfriend - We Are The Massacre
Red Sparowes - Buildings Began to Stretch Wide Across the Sky, and the Air Filled With a Redish Glow
Esmerine - Yavri Yavri

you're welcome. btw is the new Do Make Say Think any good? saw some good reviews but i dunno.. always thought they were kind of boring.

Oh man lol, they threw him under the bus REAL quick. Fleury stole them the series in Washington lol... if the Sens win this game, Sullivan is going to look REAL stupid.

Yeah. And this is the 2nd year in a row he made an eyebrow-raising choice at goal. He pulled Murray after a bad game vs Tampa, Flower laid an egg in the next one, and then he went right back to Murray. I'm surprised that didn't screw Murray up and cost them that series.

I think he feels that, being down 2-1 he can make a risky move. If he played Flower again and he had another shaky start you're down 3-1, and by that point a goalie switch wouldn't do much.

A goalie change isn't really needed, again missing half your defense is going to cause problems. The other problem which also stems from the missing defense is we can't fucking score on Anderson. Scoring 1 goal a game isn't going to beat anybody.

A goalie change isn't really needed, again missing half your defense is going to cause problems. The other problem which also stems from the missing defense is we can't fucking score on Anderson. Scoring 1 goal a game isn't going to beat anybody.
the defense is whats truly killing due to losing our ability to move the puck. Letang is the 3rd most important piece on this team, and then last game Schultz was out too. Its honestly been impressive we managed to get this far, and I still havent given up on this team yet.

However the goalie change is similar to what happened last year. We benched Murray for a game after a poor performance and basically brought him back one game later. It worked to just give murray a breather.

Socreges

Banned

the defense is whats truly killing due to losing our ability to move the puck. Letang is the 3rd most important piece on this team, and then last game Schultz was out too. Its honestly been impressive we managed to get this far, and I still havent given up on this team yet.

However the goalie change is similar to what happened last year. We benched Murray for a game after a poor performance and basically brought him back one game later. It worked to just give murray a breather.
No, it isn't impressive how far the Pens have gotten. Every team deals with injuries. And most importantly every team deals with a rash of injuries in the playoffs, particularly when you get this deep.

You've been without Letang for months. He wasn't expected to step back in. And now you've lost one more, Schultz, for a couple games. Saying you've "lost half your defense" is absurd. This is where depth players step up.

Fucking suck it up and stop making excuses!

No, it isn't impressive how far the Pens have gotten. Every team deals with injuries. And most importantly every team deals with a rash of injuries in the playoffs, particularly when you get this deep.

You've been without Letang for months. He wasn't expected to step back in. And now you've lost one more, Schultz, for a couple games. Saying you've "lost half your defense" is absurd. This is where depth players step up.

Fucking suck it up and stop making excuses!
suck what up? I even said I havent given up. We knew we were without letang. I said before the playoffs started we had no chance without him. Im impressed we managed to pull this far regardless. He averaged almost 30 minutes a game in the 2016 playoffs. Persevering will always be impressive, your dumb dismissive shit doesnt change that.

Futureman

"You've been without Letang for months. He wasn't expected to step back in."

Actually Letang was thought to be back for the playoffs. It was like a week before they announced he needed surgery.

I agree overall though they need to just step up and play like a team in the Eastern Conference Finals with absurd offensive talent.

Top Bottom