• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

New webcast every Friday at ~6:30pm

toonami.com
Toonami Tumblr
Toonami Simulcast

CFuJ1vO.png

I7xHLdm.png

ze6ASNm.png

q8ll9GI.png

k3f4PNJ.png

yZFmgz4.png

K1KPxCc.png

CFuJ1vO.png

CfpKSt9.png

CFuJ1vO.png

XT3NiNQ.png

CFuJ1vO.png

|OT0| |OT1| |OT2| |OT3| |OT4| |OT5| |OT6| |OT7| |OT8| |OT9| |Jan14| |Feb14| |Mar14| |Apr14| [May14| |Jun14| |Jul14| |Aug14| |Sep14| |Oct14| |Nov14| |Dec14| |Jan15| |Feb15| |Mar15| |Apr15| |May15| |Jun15| |Jul15| |Aug15| |Sep15| |Oct15| |NovDec15| |Jan16| |Feb16| |Mar16| |Apr16| |May16||JunJul16||AugSep16||OctNovDec16|

Seda

ERFRusg.png

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: April 22
Samurai Jack (Season 5): May 13
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 3
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29 (1st season), January 27, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 23, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's to another year of some great show acquisitions.

Also omg, how did I not think of that title, props to the person who thought of it.

Moaradin

I really hope I can get anything out of Gundam. I keep hearing it's very reliant on knowing UC stuff, and that the TV cut of it isn't very great.

Seda

I'll probably be mostly absent the next few weeks still, then I'll need to catch up on stuff. Feel free to let me know if there are any errors/issues in the thread/OP/end dates or whatnot.

Seda

I wanted to make a quick note about DB Super spoilers. Obviously some people participating in the thread will have seen the subtitled episodes already. I also acknowledge that DB Super retreads events from movies released years ago and that some plot/character elements quickly seeped into the internet's consciousness from the original JP airing. Mentioning vague new powerups or characters is fine, but please don't freely discuss events of unaired episodes in detail, or do so in spoiler tags. (Just be smart about it, really.)

I think this thread is largely problemless with good people & good participation and spoilers are rarely an issue, so this is mostly some minor bookkeeping.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Happy new year guys.

Sounds like Toonami made a mistake with the bonus they were doing

Raxus

Year of Sanji ain't over yet.

Although RIP Sanji's heart.

Shame about Sanctuary last night. Even though it was an accident it is pretty hilarious that Demarco managed to avoid subtitles.

Good riddance 2016. All Hail 2017 and we are starting it with a bang. Really looking forward to the new shows for the year plus several of my kickstarter backed games coming to fruition.
Please for the love of god be good Yooka-Laylee.

cntr

Banned
Managed to sort out some bank issues and catch the end of the steam sale.

Now I understand what people mean when they talk about the winter sale making them bankrupt, lol

Regiruler

ERFRusg.png

One Punch Man: January 28
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29
Dragon Ball Z Kai: March 3, 2018
Hunter X Hunter: March 9, 2019

Ooooh, I'm going up the wall. I'm at a reasonable #10.

Jesus zonic.

Crocodile

A) Happy New Year!

B) I saw Rogue One yesterday. It was a good movie (if by the books in a lot of respects). I liked it better than TFA overall.

C) Seems the Shelter airing got botched last night? Unfortunate :(

BatDan

Hey Seda, you forgot to include Gundam Unicorn in the end dates.

Tentative end date should be June 3rd. As usual it is subject to change.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

GITS should probably also have an additional 2nd GIG end date. They almost always run together when they have the chance.

While I'm here, I might as well repost one last time so it's in the current thread:

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 99 - Seven Years Later! Starting Today, Gohan Is a High School Student
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 11 - The Game Master
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 1 - Departure 0096
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 33 - An × Empty × Threat
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 140 - Fate
2:30 - One Piece - 374 - Our Bodies Vanish! The Morning Sun Shines on the Nightmarish Island!
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 9 - Unyielding Justice

Raxus

So we are all in agreement that we are all going to watch DB Super fresh at 11:30?

I am pretty excited since, outside of some knowledge I picked up via osmosis at other sites, I am going into this relatively blind. Especially after the first 2 arcs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah, to those who didn't witness it/read DeMarco's twitter:

Shelter got a HUGE amount of its video cut (about a good 1:40ish worth), most of which were the beginning (i.e. explaining the context of the video itself) & ending of the video which was meant to serve as a sort of "epilogue" of sorts.....aka the subtitled parts. Demarco said he was unaware of the fact they were sent an edited version when they were assuming they were getting the uncut version, so my only guess is the people who sent him the trimmed down version thought they had to shortened it to the lengths of the other music videos that Toonami airs since Shelter is a little under 6 minutes long, not counting the credits.

So we are all in agreement that we are all going to watch DB Super fresh at 11:30?

I am pretty excited since, outside of some knowledge I picked up via osmosis at other sites, I am going into this relatively blind. Especially after the first 2 arcs.
Yup. If it's like last time, I'm going to completely forget about the 8 p.m. airing.

Despite some new scenes being added, I'll know most about the Battle of Gods arc, but that's it.

Grexeno

GITS should probably also have an additional 2nd GIG end date. They almost always run together when they have the chance.

One Punch Man: January 28
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 3
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29 (1st season), January 27, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 23, 2019

Mizerman

Yup. Awesome Saturdays for the group.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
plot twist: Super is in the same universe as Kill la Kill & Mega Man Legends

Mega Man was immune to Revocs because he's a robot & the clothes that tried to capture Goku couldn't withstand his.........saiyan....ness....

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69j8Xs2cY4KScfO

*thumbs up to Double Dragon references*

After watching the full "Shelter", I... still think what we got fit in pretty well with Toonami. We lost some decent voice performances, subtitles, and a bit of direct emotion, but everything said was pretty well implied by the parts we did see.

Even if shortened / edited, it's still much more the kind of Content I want to see pop up on Toonami more often. Heh, I wish Toonami could air Daicon IV! But it's nice to see something that fits with the shows we're generally watching, rather than getting something totally awkward and off in the middle of Naruto...

plot twist: Super is in the same universe as Kill la Kill & Mega Man Legends

Mega Man was immune to Revocs because he's a robot & the clothes that tried to capture Goku couldn't withstand his.........saiyan....ness....

Just gotta find a way to inject Sonic into this story, and fanfiction.net here we come.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
the universe of sonic is just the alternate universe of kill la kill except everyone's an animal

why else does nobody from the main cast (aside from Amy & Eggman) wear clothes? BECAUSE OF REVOCS

it would explain how kill la kill & sonic adventure 2 are similar

Regiruler

I may watch the 8pm airing. Not sure yet.

Moaradin

Yep. 8 is too early for me anyways.

BatDan

I'll definitely go for the 10:30 (Central Time) showing.
If I'll stay after Gundam Unicorn, I don't know. I suspect I'll have to work early the day after. See how I feel during the weekend (I have to imagine I still won't be sick)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You might as well ask "should I sign up for Xbox Gold if I don't have a Xbox One?" or "Should I get Street Fighter 5 if I hate fighting games?"

One of these days, now that my internet connection is actually good enough for streaming, I should sign up for Crunchyroll, but looking at the winter 2017 list of anime, there pretty much seems to be nothing I want to watch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm itching to play some Double Dragon now. Is it still on PSN?
You can nab the arcade versions of 1 & 2 for $8 each. Neon is still up & awesome, but I don't recall them ever patching in online co-op, which was the one huge flaw it has in an otherwise fun game.

I'm Sooooooooooooo excited for DB Super, I literally haven't watched it (but kept it with MasakoX's episode recaps) it hopes of Toonami's airing, now I can finally watch!! but a some things concern me. first:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?

I do wonder if this new episode before Toonami every week is going to dent ratings a bit?

Also, from looking at comments from the Toonami facebook and such, I'm really starting to wonder if people know how different Super is from Dragonball Z? I mean yeah Kai was technically different but it was still DBZ, it was still going to bring in ratings because of that retread. Super on the other hand isn't really like DBZ and I think people are going to be setting some pretty high expectations.

So I know I'm late to all the Re:Zero talk. I just made it to the end of episode 18. Boy did this series drop the ball as far as pairings go.

Regiruler

You can nab the arcade versions of 1 & 2 for $8 each. Neon is still up & awesome, but I don't recall them ever patching in online co-op, which was the one huge flaw it has in an otherwise fun game.

Steam version has online co-op, but it's really laggy.

EDIT: Why does the OP simply say hellsing as opposed to hellsing ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom