• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I got the pic from the comment section of mediaite. I'm just not overly sensitive and emotional about the case, but I'm not like that about any case until all the info is in. Again I said its tragic and a shoddy investigation if any was done. I have a 19 year old son living in Los Angeles, California and he's as trendy as the come, hoodies and sagging with tattoos. And he'll be the first to tell you I'm fair but I'm firm and I don't believe one side of the story. I just gather information before speaking on it.

This story is anything but balanced. The overwhelming evidence firmly points to the fact that Zimmerman murdered this kid. He acted extremely recklessly, and the end result is a kid, dead, face down on the ground.

So he was at fault for defending himself, against a stalker...............

Lets Go GAF Defense force prove this man right!

stickfigure-hmmmcomputer.png

By his logic, we could stalk and intimidate anyone. If they try to defend themselves instead of run away we have free license to put them down.

And how do we know Zimmerman wouldn't have shot Trayvon if he had tried to run?

Oh, without a doubt. It probably wouldn't be that much more difficult to defend, either. Grass stains and a bloody nose aren't terribly difficult to fake when you're trying to get away with murder.

FStop7

Banned
It's gonna be so delicious if the stand your ground law buries Zimmerman rather than protects him. Zimmerman was the pursuer, the belligerent party. Martin retreated and retreated even though he had no legal obligation to do so. Then he was cornered and stood his ground and died for it. Zimmerman is fucking toast unless he gets an idiot/racist jury. Which is totally possible.

Ripclawe

Banned
So he was at fault for defending himself, against a stalker...............

Lets Go GAF Defense force prove this man right!

stickfigure-hmmmcomputer.png

That defense wouldn't fly in any court.

As for the most recent pic, there is no need to censor it as the media is doing by showing pics of Martin when he is like 10-11 years old. Its ridiculous and sets up charges of media bias when in this case there is no need

Imm0rt4l

As for the most recent pic, there is no need to censor it as the media is doing by showing pics of Martin when he is like 10-11 years old. Its ridiculous and sets up charges of media bias when in this case there is no need

But the recent pic isn't him.

I agree - there's nothing wrong with Trayvon at 17 and that should be the image they use. Using old pics of him is just giving haters more ammo.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The kid could be have dozens of pics of himself in a fucking clownsuit

why does it matter?

demigod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VchPEheGIxU

Saw this on Young Turks last night. Enjoy.

Summary: Trayvon was in the wrong for choosing to defend himself when he should have ran, while Zimmerman had the right to defend himself despite being the instigator.

Larry Prat is a fucking moron. I would not run away after beating someone up unless they were completely knocked out or dead. You never want to turn your back on someone with a gun either. What Trayvon did was smart. He beat the shit out of Zimmerman while calling for help. Unfortunately nobody came to his aide. Fucking Fox news was bs too, no wonder why they had so little coverage of this whole thing.

The kid could be have dozens of pics of himself in a fucking clownsuit

why does it matter?

Because DY_nasty, at 17 he is much closer to looking like a man than 13-14 and his features could look more manly / 'menacing', thus reducing the amount of empathy from the general public/media.

/ripclawe enron etc's inevitable answer

Dude Abides

Banned
Most of what they're talking about with the current CC laws is false at least in my state. I can't carry my gun on public transit, bars, stadiums, colleges etc. I'm sure Florida's law is pretty much the same so in what way would this effect NY? I also love these statements:

I don't see any of those places mentioned in the press release or on the website, so I'm not sure what you referring to.

Florida is a shall-issue state, and New York is a may-issue state, and they have different standards as to who can obtain a permit. Illinois doesn't have CC at all. The NRA wants every state to honor every other state's concealed carry permits.

These happen to be my main beef with this group.

Ok, but those don't have anything to do with concealed carry or the bills currently pending on Congress.

Raguel

This case really brings out the underlying racial tension and prejudices in the US. My god. It's amazing watching people claiming they are not racist make racist and stereo typical remarks. It brings out the deep seated mistrust we have with each other; the emotional fear and misunderstandings coupled with passive aggressiveness racism. These past few months has seen a rise in stories about racial prejudice and it's very depressing. Just as depressing as the morons defending Zimmerman.

ShinNL

Because DY_nasty, at 17 he is much closer to looking like a man than 13-14 and his features could look more manly / 'menacing', thus reducing the amount of empathy from the general public/media.

/ripclawe enron etc's inevitable answer
This post is funny with your avatar.

image.php

DY_nasty

This case really brings out the underlying racial tension and prejudices in the US. My god. It's amazing watching people claiming they are not racist make racist and stereo typical remarks. It brings out the deep seated mistrust we have with each other; the emotional fear and misunderstandings coupled with passive aggressiveness racism. These past few months has seen a rise in stories about racial prejudice and it's very depressing. Just as depressing as the morons defending Zimmerman.

Preach

mavs

The twitter link is stupid, what about the eyewitness testimony that's in the hands of the state AG? Everyone is ignoring this for some reason. Letting a narrative capture you and only believing evidence that comes in on your "side" is pretty silly.

1. There's another witness who contradicts that news report, says there was no fighting when the gun went off and the fight happened earlier
(police did not interview her)

2. The police went around telling witnesses who was yelling rather than taking statements

3. The cries for help were initially used to establish that Martin was trying to escape from Zimmermann. There's now other evidence that establishes that, and more evidence that establishes that Zimmermann initiated conflict

With all due respect to tattletailzz.com, ahem, is that story reported anywhere more respectable?

It's an ABC News video.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=8593399

Lets be fair to this segment of GAF here is a picture that sums up their viewpoint.

aa-White-blame-whitey-even-when-its-your-own-fault.jpg

Damn the facts they need to be heard!

With all due respect to tattletailzz.com, ahem, is that story reported anywhere more respectable?
The webpage contains an embedded video of a story from ABC7 News in Chicago, a legitimate outlet.

Here is the direct link: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=8593399

Transcript of the significant portion at the end:

Paul Meincke said:
Trayvon Martin made a 911 call shortly before his death, and the FBI is attempting to determine if that recording - which captured Zimmerman's voice in the background - can be audio enhanced to more clearly hear what was said.

And that may very well be the key to what happens next.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Did you follow the link? It has an abc news video report on it.

The video doesn't display on this device and it is odd it hasn't been picked up anywhere else.

On a sad note, there are a surprising number of passive agressive self denying racists in this thread.

J.ceaz

The video doesn't display on this device and it is odd it hasn't been picked up anywhere else.

On a sad note, there are a surprising number of passive agressive self denying racists in this thread.

It is new information. The only reason I heard about it was because Chris Hayes mentioned it on his program. You'll probably hear more about it as next weeks news cycle starts up and more people are able to independently confirm. But it's pretty damning if true.

This post is funny with your avatar.

image.php

My avatar is me and I'm a handsome mothafucka thank you very much!

I know you're kidding

Are we back to the One Drop Rule?

I love how he came into this thread, dropped some bird shit then left out. People want to let out their passive aggressive frustrations by doing drive-bys, but don't want to stick around to justify them or be educated. It's gaf though so I'm not surprised.

DY_nasty

It's better to address those particular arguments than to just call racism, I think
From page 1 to now there are more than enough individuals to inspire that kind of response imo. Whether its casual racism, willful ignorance, naivete, or a plain old disconnection from the world... the shit is out there.

My avatar is me and I'm a handsome mothafucka thank you very much!

I know you're kidding

I love how he came into this thread, dropped some bird shit then left out. People want to let out their passive aggressive frustrations by doing drive-bys, but don't want to stick around to justify them or be educated. It's gaf though so I'm not surprised.

Really? GAF is one of the most racially sensitive public forums I'm aware of.

You should be aware of gun control's racist and classist origins

Gun control does not have racist and classist origins--the vigilante concealed carry movement certainly does. Gun control laws do indeed disproportionately affect blacks (as do concealed carry laws, as in this case), but that is just a function of the entire criminal justice system being used as an instrument of control and white supremacy.

Why debase yourself with such garbage? There are plenty of positions to take that don't include injecting personal prejudices.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Dabanton

In that Fox video with the eyewitness 'John' has this guy made himself known yet? i notice other people who apparently saw parts of what happened have come forward and their accounts sound very different from his. Also i've seen people on the internet posting that video as if it's new info. That report was shot the day after the incident when facts were thin on the ground. And their were reports of police leading witnesses..

Really? GAF is one of the most racially sensitive public forums I'm aware of.

And thats just kind of sad with all the subtle racism that gets a pass here.

The reason things like this happen is because people dont want to address the prejudices and preconceived notions that still exist in America,

I remember a couple years ago at 3pm in a McDonalds parking lot I was eating my lunch, when my car was surrounded by 6 plain clothes detectives. They dragged me out of the car and searched me and the car at gunpoint. They claimed they were looking for drugs but all I was doing was suspiciously eating some chicken nuggets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom