• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Bebpo

Banned
Does seem like a random game to start on since even players who played OG1 & 2 and GBA will have missed the entire 2nd OGs plot. But maybe they're gambling that with PS4 selling like hotcakes in the west, the game will sell enough to make it worth localizing.

Does seem like a random game to start on since even players who played OG1 & 2 and GBA will have missed the entire 2nd OGs plot. But maybe they're gambling that with PS4 selling like hotcakes in the west, the game will sell enough to make it worth localizing.

It does seem odd to jump in mid-stream, but you gotta start somewhere.

That is if it's even true.

Hey guess what? Traditional Chinese confirmed, but hold on. There's an ESRB rating......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYynl9JTX60

How did I miss this news. I will be legit shocked if we actually get this over here.

On a related note, I'm currently playing SRW J right now. Fun game, just wish it was a bit harder. Calvina is the better protagonist than Towa though, I'll say that much. Regardless this getting brought over would keep me motivated to finish the game.

And stuff like "Too slow!" and "Pierce through!".

A SRW game with English VA would be very interesting to see imo.

I'm guessing it's going to be in Japanese with English subs like the other recent "niche" Bandai-Namco products.

Still need official confirmation. Has anyone found that trailer without that gaming website's graphic overlays?

cntr

Banned
I'm guessing it's going to be in Japanese with English subs like the other recent "niche" Bandai-Namco products.

Still need official confirmation. Has anyone found that trailer without that gaming website's graphic overlays?
The voiced dialogue is already repeated in the text boxes, it would be very easy to just translate that.

Teknoman

Personally i'd rather have the japanese with subs, since alot of the attacks or battle cries probably wouldnt sound that great / even more nonsensical translated.

Blue-kun

Didn't know this existed, but guess I should use it, haha. Started playing SRW games like, last year, I guess, and since then I got through J and Z2-1 and Z2-2 (only read summaries for Z because to be honest I was mainly interested in Setsuko's route and there wasn't a nice llittle quasi-TL guide for her route), and am quite loving the series.

Now bought Z3-1 a couple days ago and have been playing it without upgrades so far for... some reason (to be fair it's because I can't decide what to spend my money on, and same for PP, with the removal of Continuous Action I feel abandoned lol). Got to Stage 11 (Space Route) and god, I'm not sure if it's because this is my first SRW game with squads or the lack of upgrades, but I'm finding this one much, much harder than past Z games so far.

Grunts seem to have more HP, the whole 'starting the stage with 50% of your max SP" thing also really gets to you as you can't use Attune and other useful spirits as carefreely as you'd like and all. And then both bosses showed up and I couldn't hit them reliably at all, lol.

Anyhow, all this just to say hi, lol. Guess I'm off to try it another time and see if I can beat it!

Participating Characters and Mecha

Bellzelute – A mobile weapon made by the moon’s heavy machinery maker Ashalley Kreutzer.
Calvina Coulange – An Ashalley Kreutzer test pilot who appears in the Bellzelute.
Festenia Muse – A lively girl who works together with Calvina.

Enemies

Raftclans Aulun – A high-performance mobile weapon of mysterious power by Fury.
Al-Van Ranks – A member of Fury. Knowing Calvina, he keeps an eye on her and Touya’s mecha.
Endlich Geist – A powered up version of Alles Geist, a previous Super Robot Wars enemy.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/super-ro...-bellzelute-festenia-more#Sbg3gKroFL2ec9Am.99

Images
W7Ucwh.jpg

jBvdHW.jpg

W5pV30.jpg

fU5Y8I.jpg

mOJk3N.jpg

Endlich Geist – A powered up version of Alles Geist, a previous Super Robot Wars enemy.

For the love of god, use the Vacant Soul theme! That is all I ask!!

That was one of my favorite boss tracks and thought it was kinda wasted on a minor guy likWHAT THE FUCK IS THAT DESIGN!? IT'S A GODDAMN DRAGON SHARK WHALE MAN THING!!

Like Nature, Einst storyline will find a way. But wasn't Geist fitted with a Jetzt core? Jetzt are silver but this thing is bright red like the Einst.

GIMME A RELEASE DATE!!

Bebpo

Banned
I like the last one that's like a skeleton SRX. Rest are ok. I'm probably in the minority but I'm not really a fan of the Einst looking ones with organic wings and stuff. Prefer mecha wings.

Are these all originals or are they from J/64? I never played the pre-PS2/DS entries so I don't have a frame of reference.

Hope we get a more fleshed out trailer at some point and a release date. Guessing it's a first week in April SRW anniversary release.

Reishiki

Banned
I like the last one that's like a skeleton SRX. Rest are ok. I'm probably in the minority but I'm not really a fan of the Einst looking ones with organic wings and stuff. Prefer mecha wings.

Are these all originals or are they from J/64? I never played the pre-PS2/DS entries so I don't have a frame of reference.

Hope we get a more fleshed out trailer at some point and a release date. Guessing it's a first week in April SRW anniversary release.

Bellzelute, Granteed and Raftclans, along with the associated characters, are all from J. Touya and Calvina were the selectable pilots, Bellzelute, Granteed and Coustwell (so far unseen in MD) selectable mecha. The Raftclans was a recurring enemy ace machine, and unlockable if you cleared J with the other three, although you were stuck with a crappy enemy mook machine (The Vorlent?) until the obligatory mid-game upgrade.

Bebpo

Banned
Awesome. Hope it's a good entry so more people get to enjoy good SRW. I'm still kind of worried this is going to be some half-assed expansion-like entry and the small size is the reason it's getting an English translation, but hopefully the fears end up being unfounded.

Will be nice if it sells and 3rd OGs whenever it comes out gets an English release. 2nd OGs was pretty awesome (outside the first 17 maps) and the lack of a US release was a shame.

Bebpo

Banned
I still don't get why they keep showing OGs anime footage to prologue the story.

OG Timeline:

OG1/OG2/1st OGs/OG Anime - Stuff happens
2nd OGs/Dark Prison - A lot of stuff happens after that

Is Moon Dwellers supposed to be taking place after 1st OGs and simultaneously at the same time as 2nd OGs like Dark Prison? That doesn't make sense since SRX and other mainline units are shown in the reveal picture. If the main OGs cast is in...it should be after 2nd OGs which in that case the OGs anime really shouldn't have any relevance to the story.

It's just kind of confusing to me.

SMK

I still don't get why they keep showing OGs anime footage to prologue the story.

OG Timeline:

OG1/OG2/1st OGs/OG Anime - Stuff happens
2nd OGs/Dark Prison - A lot of stuff happens after that

Is Moon Dwellers supposed to be taking place after 1st OGs and simultaneously at the same time as 2nd OGs like Dark Prison? That doesn't make sense since SRX and other mainline units are shown in the reveal picture. If the main OGs cast is in...it should be after 2nd OGs which in that case the OGs anime really shouldn't have any relevance to the story.

It's just kind of confusing to me.

I'm pretty sure it's because it makes for decent trailer filler.

Loona

Too bad they cant release an english version of the official SRW series...

OG Series... meh

I'll take my baby steps where I can get them - Tatsunoko Vs Capcom's localization happened, Project X Zone apparently did better outside Asia than in it, so if a full crossover SRW in English is to ever happen, using an OG to test the waters is an understandable step.

Blue-kun

Awesome! Let's just hope the translation isn't a bad effort as some of the other stuff we've seen lately that came from Asia (looking at you, SAO game).

Can't wait to play with Calvina and Bellzelute again. And hopefully get an awesome arrangement for Guardian Angel, haha.

Well holy shit. It happened.

Thank you for announcing before the JP version came out. I will now support the localized version.

And for God sake, PHYSICAL RELEASE.

Bebpo

Banned
Gotta say, the updates on the new OG game since the reveal are reaaaaaally slow for a SRW. Game definitely isn't making the yearly April SRW anniversary month.

Seems like every OGs game, this is behind schedule. Wouldn't be surprised to see some delays after they announce the release date.

Bebpo

Banned
Japanese version of SRW OG: The Moon Dwellers will be out on 30 June according to Famitsu

Nice. I'm good with June. No more rpgs/srpgs coming out after Star Ocean next week until Persona 5/FFXV come out in probably September/Oct/Nov, so SRW time for summer works for me.

Top Bottom