• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is NOW sending out Killzone 2 Beta Codes to USA PS Underground Members

slider said:
Just saw this over at B3D.

Seems to be a reworked trailer. Dunno what to make of it. Pretty as ever but strikes a slightly gung-ho air with the voiceover which I'm not that keen to see in the KZ universe. Anyway, looks new to me (the turrets in particular). But I could be wrong.
Just saw that on another forum. SO damn awesome. :D

DrPirate

Banned
rjcc said:
I disagree completely and entirely.

Well. That's ok. I'll just take a moment to justify my position and perspective.

The only real good sounding weapon in Gears was the lancer. The burst fire alien rifle sounded pretty weak, and everything else sounded par. I also give a nod to the Torque bow.

I thought the weapon sounds in Killzone make a great match to the look and firing of the weapon. The submachine gun is small, looks like a futuristic Mp5 of some sort, sound weak, but when you fire it, it's a bullet spray. It sounds like a bunch of firecrackers going off in rapid succession. It's still very loud, but not "beefy". The ISA rifle has 30 or so bullets that fire off loudly, and as you deplete the clip, the sound of the bullets become more high pitched to warn you of reload, that's a detail I like alot.

I think I overstepped my boundaries talking about the beta, but I still wanted the oppurtunity to justify my opinion and if you don't agree, that's still cool, not everyone will like everything.

DrPirate

Banned
makingmusic476 said:
Just saw that on another forum. SO damn awesome. :D

Wow. I just saw this right now.

Holy crap at the train level and the clouds/skybox in the turret scene. Hollly SHIIITTT.

oneHeero

Private Hoffman said:
I, and nearly everyone else I've talked to, loves the feel of the weapons. I hope they don't change them to whatever standard you wish it was because I can't think of any real ways to improve them as they currently stand.
I'm not surprised he has said this. Enjoys GeOW but dislikes R2 and Kz2..Let him be, his intentions will become more and more clear sooner or later(if any).

And LOL@ that post history of the other guy, and he's defending rjcc haha, golden!

Top Bottom