• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads Up Everyone !! Halo 3 Limited Edition Big Disc Problems !!

Is there anyway to downgrade to standard edition through Gamestop? If not I'll just waste the 5 bucks I pre-ordered with anyways, I'd rather not deal with this crap. It will be cheaper than buying a LE still.

MrDaravon

Amused_To_Death said:
I don't think the average joe who's been waiting for Halo3 for years is going to notice, or care...

It's going to depend on how bad the scratching is and if it affects running the actual disc.

Wait, what the fuck? How the hell are people jumping out of the woodwork everywhere saying "Oh yeah I work at a store they're all totally fucked. But I didn't feel like mentioning it before."

If this really happens to me, guess Ill exchange it for the regular Edition. Anyways, guess Ill shake the box to hear if the Cd have fallen out of the holders.

Mooreberg

DenogginizerOS said:
Shake them some more to confirm.

:lol

So this scratched disc problem on LE's is pretty widespread? Might just get the regular SKU and watch the bonus stuff on the interyoutubewebs.

Doodis

Someone needs to get the banhammer at Microsoft. That, or repeatedly corpse-humped. I'm tired of these foul ups.

ninj4junpei said:
I hope not. I would really like for this to become a big issue.
so far kotaku nor ******* have picked up on the story

thought about posting it on my site but unless it got a lot of diggs it wouldnt really matter

trilobyte

DoctorWho said:
alf.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't jump at the opportunity to own a cat helmet.

Alf kinda looks like Scott Bakula

Romance Pie said:
It's about 95% in our stock that just turned up.

This is also PAL stock :|

Any tips on how to get one with both the discs attached without opening the package?

It's hard as all the books and stuff are also loose inside the case.

FightyF

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

This is so stupid, that it's funny. Then it gets sad...but then it gets back to the realm of stupidly funny again.

So. Fucking. Stupid.

I thought they learned their lesson from Gears of War (which didn't have this issue, but was a bit cumbersome to deal with), and had the PERFECT solution for Forza Motorport 2.

But hey, someone though taking a step backwards was a good idea.

I didn't know that the LE was going to be in that big case...I thought it was going to be much like Halo 2's (which is a pretty solid game case) where it could still fit in a DVD rack.

Tzeentch

I'll be warning every person at the midnight release to watch out for this. I'm also getting the normal version now unless I can confirm they will allow me to check and return if its fucked up. Also going to check the local stores that got their stock and check it out.

GG Bungie with your stellar quality control checks here.

Sysgen

WTF is wrong with this company that they have to cheap out on everything console related and can't even QA a dvd case.

gray_fox224

Fuck, I'm so anal about things like this. My Hot Fuzz HD came from amazon loose...Fuck that, Im going to open mine in the store (GS) and if its loose and scratched, Im going to ask for a new one. Im going to open and open till I get a perfect one

neptunes

wow, they better damage control this, if the press gets a hold of this it'll surely dampen some of the hype come release day.

Kintaro said:
I consider this ultimate karma for people falling for this LE/CE bullshit.

Amen. People talking about tin as aesthetically pleasing. I used to work at a DVD distribution company; the evil shit that used to fly around the office about 'the tin men'; those who think that they are collecting -anything-, they make the marketing department reach all their internal targets. Bonuses all round. Hey, lets make a bunch of product but release it in stages.

epmode

Wolves Evolve said:
Amen. People talking about tin as aesthetically pleasing. I used to work at a DVD distribution company; the evil shit that used to fly around the office about 'the tin men'; those who think that they are collecting -anything-, they make the marketing department reach all their internal targets. Bonuses all round. Hey, lets make a bunch of product but release it in stages.
The reason I (and I'm sure many others would agree) want the LE is because of the bonus disc, not because of any silly packaging.

Hooterville said:
Any tips on how to get one with both the discs attached without opening the package?

It's hard as all the books and stuff are also loose inside the case.

You can hear the dvd hitting the wall of the case as they make a louder 'donk' sound.
The best thing to do is to open it up in the store and see if you can get a less scratched one.
I know I'm going to be able to play for a bit.

More time for TF2 :]

Firestorm

epmode said:
The reason I (and I'm sure many others would agree) want the LE is because of the bonus disc, not because of any silly packaging.

Yep. Also, don't forget that a regular calibration disc costs like $50 =/ $10 more for that + a bunch of extras isn't bad. Of course I don't know the quality of the calibration disc, but whatever.

And FightyF, it's like this and not like Halo 2 because there's a hardcover artbook in it. Just like in Gears of War which came in similar packaging.

This is bush league. I'll simply gently shake the case they give to me when I pick it up -- if I can here the disc moving, I'll ask for another.

This is some seriously retarded shit.

Ten-Song

PowerSmell said:
If it was karma then 360s wouldn't break.

And on that note, my friend just now told me today his 360 Red Ring'd as well, just as he was about to put in the copy of "skate." I got him for his birthday.

I'm really just hoping that the disks don't get too screwed up inside the cases, I remember opening a DVD case once to see the movie inside scratched to hell and unwatchable, I can't imagine how horrible it'd feel to spend all that fucking money on a game that won't even work in your console. This is a BIG screw up.

Holy damn. This whole thread is:

"fuck"
"damn"
"MS!"
"OMFG"
"I'm pissed!"

:lol I'll get my LE somehow with a safe disc. I'll just wait it out.

does nobody else here have one of those discs buffers? i bought one a few years ago and it work great. not saying that you should have to buy one of those just wonderin' if anyone else has one

i'll use it on mine because i bought it online and i'm not going to send it back and be without the game

FightyF

Banned
Kintaro said:
I consider this ultimate karma for people falling for this LE/CE bullshit.

Who gives a care about what you think? Your posts are absolutely worthless.

I've already mentioned other games that did it well, like Forza 2. LE's offer a lot more to the die-hard enthusiast. Some gamers are proud to have extra things like posters, documentaries, booklets, etc. for their games. In fact, the Halo 2 LE offered a lot more, including a TV calibration disc.

To consider that stuff "bullshit", just completely discredits you, and in the end, no one respects you or your opinion.

Top Bottom