• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Bonus game:The Staff of Kings PSP/PS2/DS/Wii)

This is awesomeness. I hope we see some gameplay stuff soon. So Lego Indy sells best on Wii and then the only current gen console to get the new Indy game is Wii, most interesting.

Shin Johnpv said:
This is awesomeness. I hope we see some gameplay stuff soon. So Lego Indy sells best on Wii and then the only current gen console to get the new Indy game is Wii, most interesting.
Interesting because Lucasarts would then think that the Wii (and PS2, can't forget that one) is the best place for mediocre licensed titles?

Of All Trades said:
Interesting because Lucasarts would then think that the Wii (and PS2, can't forget that one) is the best place for mediocre licensed titles?
That's natural for the system with the largest marketshare. In fact, it should be expected.

KR3W

Banned
FUCK LUCASARTS.

They make the shittiest games now. Fuck You motherfuckers. Fuck You. Seriously. Fuck You.

Fuck you.

titiklabingapat said:
That's natural for the system with the largest marketshare. In fact, it should be expected.
So how is it either awesome or interesting that the Wii is getting a game that has to be dumbed down for the PS2?

Shiggy

Now I wonder whether the PSP game was also done by A2M. For the PS2, DS and Wii version it is confirmed, but then there was the PSP game called "Staff of Moses". Let's see whether they ditched that name when the next-gen versions were cancelled.

_Angelus_

Banned
I just couldn't stand playing Lego Jones,to me it just isn't the same as Emperor's Tomb,a game I enjoyed allot years back. I'll take any Indy game that sorta resembles that game,too bad its not on a next gen system but screw it,the PS2 is a very good system for its age,sounds good to me.
Just glad they have something cooking up for us and not another godamn lego game :(

I'd like to see some actual gameplay footage. The trailer isn't that bad, but I'm weary of a game that's on both the Wii and the PS2 as the Wii version is usually not far ahead of the PS2 game.

Epcott

Gameplay so mind blowing, they created a 2 minute CGI trailer to promote it's awesomeness instead of just showing the actual game.

Sweet!

I miss the Euphoic game's "Assassin's Creed like" trailer. I hardly knew ye

KevinCow said:
Staff of Kings sounds like a dick euphemism.

This is a more intelligent post than any of the ones moaning. It does :lol

I hope its good, I've been wanting a good Indy game ever since the last N64/PC game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Does anyone know the sales breakdown for the Force Unleashed SKUs? Just curious. That chap from Zero Punctuation was "duped" into getting the Wii version for lightsaber-age, so I assume quite a few others were as well (
including me
.)

evil ways

So drinking all that Jesus water on the third movie gave Indy the ability to teleport from place to place?

Awesome, I'll be there on day 1!!!

evil ways said:
So drinking all that Jesus water on the third movie gave Indy the ability to teleport from place to place?

Awesome, I'll be there on day 1!!!
To paraphrase Mr. Miyagi, "Man who survive nuclear explosion in fridge accomplish anything".

MoogPaul

Epcott said:
Gameplay so mind blowing, they created a 2 minute CGI trailer to promote it's awesomeness instead of just showing the actual game.

Sweet!

I miss the Euphoic game's "Assassin's Creed like" trailer. I hardly knew ye

yeah, because the first trailer for 99% of all video games isn't all cgi regardless of quality.

Ok, first you people complain about Wii not having enough good third party games and now you are like this game should be on the 360/PS3 not Wii

lubczyk

Banned

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
DXB-KNIGHT said:
Maybe they can't reveal actual gameplay footage because it will be revealed in the next issue pf Nintendo Power.

Sounds right.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
People having a meltdown and saying "last gen versions" to stealth troll the Wii are so fucking ridiculous :lol

Haunted said:
because Traveller's Tales could make a mediocre platformer even out of that source material.

fixed

The Wii version has done very well. Like most good Wii games, it has legs unlike it's 360/PS3 counterparts

It should've sold 3 copies at the most.
I'm sorry for Gazunta but the chaps at Krome should send back their devkits and never allowed to develop for Wii anymore.
SWTFU Wii is a disgrace for gamers out there:
the best part of the game is the tutorial, the turorial for fuck's sake.
It's without a doubt the shittiest semi-high profile game I've played on Wii since the launch of the system and that's saying a lot.
That's even without mentioning that the graphics get to shame the N64 hardware.
Oh my god the opening Kashyyk level, OMG the wookies... I had trouble sleeping for three days after playing that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dash Kappei said:
It should've sold 3 copies at the most.
I'm sorry for Gazunta but the chaps at Krome should send back their devkits and never allowed to develop for Wii anymore.
SWTFU Wii is a disgrace for gamers out there:
the best part of the game is the tutorial, the turorial for fuck's sake.
It's without a doubt the shittiest semi-high profile game I've played on Wii since the launch of the system and that's saying a lot.
That's even without mentioning that the graphics get to shame the N64 hardware.
Oh my god the opening Kashyyk level, OMG the wookies... I had trouble sleeping for three days after playing that.

It's not that bad. It looks like a mid-range PS2 title and has very questionable level design and physics, but it's not the absolute pits.

milanbaros

Member?
lubczyk said:
The Wii version has done very well. Like most good Wii games, it has legs unlike it's 360/PS3 counterparts:

Take that link out before you get banned. The numbers are pulled out of his arse.

ajvizzgamer101 said:
Ok, first you people complain about Wii not having enough good third party games and now you are like this game should be on the 360/PS3 not Wii

I certainly don't think this will qualify as a "good" third-party Wii game.

A2M games has a metacritic average around 50% and their last game for Wii was Ironman.
The chance of this game being anything but crap are pretty damn low.

After the very mediocre HD version of SWTFU, I don't think anybody should be upset about losing the HD version either.

Lucas Arts is a shadow of it's former self and would be better served by handing these licenses out to a competent publisher/developer. Wii versions by crappy B-studios and HD versions by lacking internal devs just isn't cutting it.

lubczyk

Banned
milanbaros said:
Take that link out before you get banned. The numbers are pulled out of his arse.

Pachter does it all the time. Why are you calling ******** out on it? Should I listen to analysts that say the PS3 will make a come back into 1st and that the Wii will flounder into 3rd place?

lubczyk said:
Pachter does it all the time. Why are you calling ******** out on it? Should I listen to analysts that say the PS3 will make a come back into 1st and that the Wii will flounder into 3rd place?
Because he claims his numbers are valid and they aren't. And the site is banned, so really you don't ask questions past that unless you want to get banned, too.

edit: too late :( well, can't say he wasn't warned.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Andrex said:
It's not that bad. It looks like a mid-range PS2 title and has very questionable level design and physics, but it's not the absolute pits.

Yeah, it really is.
The first level with DV especially doesn't look at all like a mid-range PS2 title (would that be a good thing though, or even acceptable? Nope.)
Mid-range PS2 title from 2002 than yes, you have my vote.

It's a fucking shame of a Wii game and $50 too expensive.
And the developers are mocking me and my money when the best part of the game is the tutorial ("wow, the controls are actually working, they're so immersive and well thought, Krome is really onto something here and it shows they must'have put a lot of work in it... ok, it doesn't look hot but damn this is going to be a blast to play!").
So much potential.
Such a turd.

Endless

125qhko.jpg

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot5.jpg

screenshot6.jpg

screenshot7.jpg

Endless

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Step into the shoes of the legendary hero, Indiana Jones, in an all new epic adventure! Set in the year 1939, Indiana Jones® and the Staff of Kings™ follows the rogue archaeologist on an all-new globe-trotting quest.

From San Francisco's Chinatown to the lush jungles of Panama, Indy must use his whip, fists and wits to fight through ruthless opposition as he spars with his nemesis, Magnus Völler, in a race for a relic of biblical proportions — the Staff of Moses.

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features completely interactive environments, where players need to call upon their wits and daring to make each spring-loaded environment a weapon in order to dispense of foes in clever and unexpected ways. Also, embark upon thrilling action sequences that remain true to the spirit established in scenes such as Indy's pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the mine-cart scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and the free-for-all aboard the tank in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Product Information

* Wield your Wii Remote™ like Indy’s signature whip for a variety of uses — from combat to navigation to puzzle-solving.
* Use your highly interactive Hot Set™ environments and your wits to defeat your enemies.
* Explore exotic locations around the globe in an all-new story that puts you on an epic quest for the Staff of Moses.
* Apply your smarts to navigate Indy through challenging terrains with the many maneuvers Indy can do with his whip.
* Engage in burst gunplay moments and use careful aim and the environment to take out enemies.
* Face overwhelming odds and escape signature run-for-your-life moments, like a daring escape from a collapsing temple, by matching fast-paced onscreen gesture prompts.
* Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.
* Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.
* Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!
* Whether you are brawling baddies or wielding your whip, use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ as nature intended with the intuitive gesture-based combat system.
* Discover more than 20 artifacts and rewarding unlockables throughout the game.
* For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!
* On the Nintendo DS, use the stylus as the whip to swing over pits, brawl with enemies and to explore the world.
* The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system version features six robust types of burst gameplay including combat and physics challenges, puzzles and the trademark Indiana Jones chase sequences.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Ooooh, Fate of Atlantis?!?! Shit, I'm in.

Hell, who am I kidding? I was in when they said INDIANA JONES.

And I actually thing those screens look potentially fun.

And now Atlantis?

When is this thing out?!?!

David

* Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.
* Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.
* Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!

* For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!

HONOR AND GLORY

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
To me, this game is Crackdown all over again.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
Bonus game included: The Staff of Kings.

So who here is going to get the game and then download a completed save file? I mean, that isn't wrong right? Right?

I hope Fate of Atlantis has pointer controls implemented for the Wii version.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Also on the DS Version or Wii exklusiv ?

I was probably going to get this (I love Indiana Jones), but that just sealed the deal. I've never played Fate of Atlantis, but have heard great things about it. :D

Top Bottom