• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Even not playing the game im supporting it more than most of you.

djgtu52.gif

oh speaking of supporting, how the hell will that Twitch bullshit work? I want dem mounts.

Alur

Those changes are ok, the dodge and dragonblade ones in particular, but I'm with Kirblar. That's the simple fix that allows him to remain as-is numbers wise. Instead he'll get nerfed in every way but that until finally they also nerf that and then he's completely useless as they have done to other heroes in the past.

It's still amusing that when they launched Genji they said his E range being so long and persisting through terrain was there as a detriment as much as a boon.

yo9kqip.gif

kirblar

Those changes are ok, the dodge and dragonblade ones in particular, but I'm with Kirblar. That's the simple fix that allows him to remain as-is numbers wise. Instead he'll get nerfed in every way but that until finally they also nerf that and then he's completely useless as they have done to other heroes in the past.

It's still amusing that when they launched Genji they said his E range being so long and persisting through terrain was there as a detriment as much as a boon.

yo9kqip.gif
They clearly weren't using it as an escape in playtesting.

If they had, they would have had the cooldown double if you don't hit a hero.

Alur

Didn't we have some people not that long ago say Chen was dumpster tier? Maybe I can main him in HL again like I did that one season.

Alur

Also, damn, they rekt that level 1 E talent on Stukov. I guess that's one way to promote talent diversity. It might still be the choice, though, unless I'm missing something on one of the others.

scoobs

I just hope we never have to live in a world where the ranged AA talent becomes the go-to. What a boring ass talent that shit is

Alur

I was looking back at the heroes released this year and how much I enjoyed each of them. I'd rank them thus:

New Favorites (Favourites for you EU boyz) Tier
---------------------

D.Va -- annoying as shit, winky face, nerf this, etc, would've been hard for me not to love her
Genji -- was putting up insane stats even on PTR, saw this QQ coming, legit ninja feeling
Stukov -- first healer I've truly enjoyed since Kharazim got reworked and I couldn't play him anymore, love his visuals too

They're Alright Tier
---------------------

Valeera -- fun to start, but kind of a weird hero to play in QM if you want consistent wins
Zul'jin -- enjoy the aesthetic but the fairly short range and over-reliance on Tazz'Dingo isn't as fun as I'd hope
Lucio -- probably the most hyped for him behind D.Va, but even though he was OP as hell he wasn't as fun as I'd have liked
Cassia -- played her a ton on PTR and on live. Similar issues to ZJ with her AA range, plus when I was spamming her she wasn't that great balance wise

Meh Tier
---------------------

Probius -- just a weird hero. Enjoyed it for a bit but talk about a restrictive playstyle, eh?
Malthael -- the concept is cool, the look and the voice are awesome, but I just don't like the kit that much

It's really amazing to me that that game still has an active community

I think as far as F2P folks hitting up the story with each new expansion it has a few folks, but in general it's pretty dead at endgame in both raiding and PVP. A shame too, we played the shit out of it back in the day.

also lol @ that pic

Alur

Off topic a bit but more Overwatch League news: https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/20937016

- Official signing window for season 1 = Aug 1 to Oct 30
- Players must be signed to 1 year contracts that can be extended by an additional year
- Contracts must guarantee at least $50,000 and include healthcare and retirement savings plans (holy crap yay!)
- Players must receive 50% of the team's performance based income, with a 3.5 million prize pool for season 1
- Rosters must be 6-12 players with no region locking
- Team's are required to maintain player housing and practice facilities "which will meet professional standards determined by the Overwatch League"
-Confirmed to launch later this year

50k for them plus healthcare and retirement. Not too fucking shabby for playing a video game. Plus a good cut of the league proceeds if they perform. Housing and stuff paid for as well.

I wonder if they 1 year contracts could become a problem moving forward? Like imagine if roster swaps happen there like they do here. Would players be forced to term their own contract to get out and go to a different team, I guess? Or perhaps they have roster locks in place to prevent a lot of movement since this league operates more like a traditional sports league in regards to players versus something like that League or HOTS.

Altairre

Out of those I've only played Cassia, Zuljin, Valeera and Genji. Genji is the most fun I've had since the Murky rework. Zuljin seemed fine but it's not really my playstyle. Cassia was extremely enjoyable as well, I need to play her more to get used to the short AA range but when she works it's great. Valeera was disappointing, her kit just didn't click with me and if I want to play a stealth hero I think I'll just stick to Zera (or Tyrande lol).

Maledict

Didn't we have some people not that long ago say Chen was dumpster tier? Maybe I can main him in HL again like I did that one season.

Chen is generally - he just has an extremely specific niche. Uther is clearly the best healer currently, and one counter to Uther is to draft a team that doesn't actually use stuns. That negates his level 7 talent tier completely, and removes one of his most powerful abilities (Guardian of Kings).

Teams drafting Chen to go with Uther in last spot was the counter to that - if you've deliberately drafted a no stun team to hit Uther, suddenly a last pick Chen completely destroys you. Outside of that though, he remains weak - and I don't think this change is going to affect him that much (he will remain a hero who if countered gets destroyed, but if the enemy team can't counter him, he's a fucking nightmare. Very swingy).

Alur

For pleb play I've never really felt he gets countered that hard (assuming there are no super standout tanks in the meta but a variety of good ones) unless you queue into a team loaded with stuns. If it's the usual two-ish per team and they used one on me it's typically a net win in my experience. Even more so now, really.

I've turned into a Stitches main. I don't know when it happened exactly, but im 10-2 on the season, and 10-0 when trikslyr isn't on my team.

And it's so fun to play. Very few things are as satisfying to do as a max range hook on the enemy KT in the middle of a hectic team fight

scoobs

I've turned into a Stitches main. I don't know when it happened exactly, but im 10-2 on the season, and 10-0 when trikslyr isn't on my team.

And it's so fun to play. Very few things are as satisfying to do as a max range hook on the enemy KT in the middle of a hectic team fight
Are you master level or just a trik sub? Impressive if you are in his league

Not a trik sub, he's a nice guy for the most part from what i've seen. (He kinda tilts easily though while keeping up a positive facade on stream)

I'm diamond 2, he's master. Early in the day and late at night matchmaking will sometimes give masters players d2, d3, d5 and even plat players due to not enough people playing.

That's usually how I get to play against people like Jun, Cattle, etc etc. If you're plat 1 or above and want a taste of the masters life, just play off-hours. Several times you'll be the only diamond in a full masters game or close

What's your build with him? Just standard slam?

For solo tank I go

dampen magic
amplified healing
savor the flavor (by the end of the match you will have a bunch of stacks and super high regen)
Gorge
Retchling or larger slam if i need to slow a hyper mobile char
Fishing hook or pulverize if i took larger slam at 13
20 is usually hardened shield if the team is bursty, attack leech if not.

Basically I am a huge walking meatshield that will try to secure kills through hooks. It's a very patient style, and you gotta be careful with positioning.

For double tank or very little ability damage on enemy team, I just go full slam build with putrid bile.

brian!

those are fair genji nerfs as long as q doesnt feel like shit lol

Not a trik sub, he's a nice guy for the most part from what i've seen. (He kinda tilts easily though while keeping up a positive facade on stream)

I'm diamond 2, he's master. Early in the day and late at night matchmaking will sometimes give masters players d2, d3, d5 and even plat players due to not enough people playing.

That's usually how I get to play against people like Jun, Cattle, etc etc. If you're plat 1 or above and want a taste of the masters life, just play off-hours. Several times you'll be the only diamond in a full masters game or close

yeh and if they are streaming it's not hard to snipe them, at those hours the game is pretty empty

brian!

patch thoughts

genji: nerfs seem fair, doesnt address community's complaints but fuk em

gmane: literally thought it was 35% the whole time

tychus: not familiar with this talent, pretty much should always take bigger they are though so whatever

xul: uh ok whatever, buff an already good talent

stukov: pretty good nerfs. they shit on growing infestation, like it definitely needed a nerf but 4 seconds is forever. i dunno if 50%->40% is enough for the lvl 4 but they also buffed another talent on this tier that looks pretty nice. i dont know if the pox populi change is significant. really big buff to the lvl 20, plus they gave it more pushback baseline, but the shove is still prob go to the majority of the time.

uther: insignificant nerfs, his strength is in his passive and the healing wasnt gutted or anything here

chen: pretty big nerf with elusive, but it probably countered the things it countered too hard so seems fair

muradin: i guess his winrate must be low or something, unnecessary buff he's fine

rexxar: decent buff

stitch: good nerf, he's pretty much at the old stitches point again but no one's really complaining

pretty good patch all in all, not fond of their solution for e grow talent on stukov

kirblar

Developer's Notes - Muradin: "Muradin would occasionally be able to be rooted and killed by the enemy team. This is not supposed to happen, so we're increasing his HP."

Maledict

Leoric, yeah, he is so boring, just Q and sometimes his W ...unless you screw up and use E

Heh, I think Leoric is anything but boring. He has a hard to use skill shot and can do *so* much if his team uses him well (entomb and the slow he brings). Wading into combat swinging his massive mace is so much fun.

N.B. I may have played a game as him this evening versus a Cho'Gall... muhaha

leoric is awesome and probably the best hero if you just wanna troll a bit.

Got Sonya to 10 and somethings been bothering me. Why does wrath go on CD immediately when it's so easy to keep going? It doesn't reward good play it just has a ridiculous low cooldown most of the time.

Top Bottom