• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Fae, Julia, Titania, Camilla and arguably Sonya are all strong answers to Reinhardt.

When Anna is arena bonus next week you can even give her Triangle Adept to make her the dedicated blue mage bait.

I was expecting it, but it sucks when Nino gets ORKO'd by Reinhardts with Quickened Pulse.

I'm hoping Triangle Adept will allow her to survive, but I don't have any spare Roys or Severas at the moment.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I just promoted Fae, and I'm eyeing the ATiki promotion. Kinda uneasy about it because I'm only barely above 20k feathers and I've only sacrificed one other 5* unit for SI before.

Expensive, and I don't even like Fae, but I think it'll pay off in the long run. I'm hoping it'll help my arena score too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Got over 20k feathers.

Have Fae and a couple of ATikis, but Fae is +SPD-ATK.

Instead I promoted a spare Nino to sacrifice to Cecilia.

I have Fae and ATiki good iv 4s but wouldn't want to toss ATiki personally. Sticking with blue res tank then STiki melonsmash Rein. When more feathers come in I have to admit Soren (+spd/-hp) does seem good if I don't go with the usual Cecilia. Sorry, Titania...maybe.

Bovine

Neo Member
All this Fae talk is making me wonder if I should flesh out mine. I've had a neutral 5 star one since the first Reinhardt banner, and I also have a +Atk -Res 4 star one.

Right now I've been working on builds for my +Def -HP Eirika (been needing a buffer forever for my Nino) and the +Spd -Def Delthea I recently pulled (it is hilarious how low her defense is, only 10 so anything physical murders her). Maybe in the future.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think Fae can function like a green Nowi, and by that I mean she can be an excellent distant counter tank. It's just that she's super expensive to invest in, because she doesn't get Lightning Breath+ out of the box like Nowi does.

I'm up to 4.75% on swimsuits...

Seriously, the game does not want to drop a 5* green or blue on this banner for me. With the 4.24% from the previous game (before reroll).

That's a shit ton of pulls with no 5*

Tripon

It sucks how Reinhardt is so common that you absolutely need to have a prepared counter for him or else you're effectively playing Russian Roulette every time you step into arena. It also sucks that finding a hard Rein counter is way harder than finding a hard Hector counter.
Celcila with pony emblem.

spiritfox

I just don't like how the arena meta is so defined by a single unit and if you have the units to handle him.

Then again we haven't gotten any horse archers yet. Oh boy those will be fun.

Mupod

Infernal Lloyd no match for cavalry, odd since lately they've been trying to make it harder to horse cheese your way through everything. Other quests were easy too, although I kind of bumbled my way into killing him with my own Lloyd. Mine survived the axe guy with like 2 HP but it charged his special, allowing him to finish off the enemy Lloyd after Azura smacked him once.

Wiseblade

I can't wait for one of the Tellius herons to show up as a flying dancer and for all hell to break loose. Bonus points for Kurthnaga to join them.

champloo

I like to run Brave Axe Frederick to rush enemy Reinhardts, he can keep up with Rein with 3 movements, and Drag Back to safety after the kill (Dance/Reposition help as well). It usually works pretty well.

ggx2ac

Had to swap out 3 heroes (for what I used in Lunatic Lloyd) and a lot of tweaking for each loss just to be beat Infernal Lloyd.

Everything that wasn't that Mounted Archer was easy to beat.

explodet

If we ever get a cavalry archer hero, they might as well just have Brave Bow+ in the default kit, because that's all anybody would use them for anyway.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If we ever get a cavalry archer hero, they might as well just have Brave Bow+ in the default kit, because that's all anybody would use them for anyway.
Why? The game is all about using your resources, so might as well take some of your feathers away.

Saved up 20 orbs for a last effort at Sonya with a 4% pity rate. Four straight boards without a single green. That's ridiculous.

Not a complete loss. I got a 3 star Hinata, so I finally have another fury.

And I got a Leon. Not at all what I wanted, but it was my last 5 orbs, and he seems to be an ideal IV with +Atk, -Res. I don't have very much investment in colorless at all. Takumi was dominant early but now I don't even think he is very good, so I'll be interested to see what Leon can do.

And I busted my pity rate. So at least I don't have to look at 4.25% as the banner expires.

I still cannot beat chain challenge 11 & 12. The best I've done is Stage 9. My problem is my horse emblem team runs out of time on Stage 8. I need a healer for earlier stages though, so I don't know what changes I can make to make it work. If I could just beat that, even weakened or down one or two units, I could weaken Stage 9 enough to beat it in the time limit with team 3, and Stage 10 isn't as hard, so long as my last team is still alive.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Pulled a Delthea this morning. +HP-SPD
Tried to get Sonya but no go. Her banner is gone soon. After that I'll try for Klein/Olwen.

Wiseblade

Well the BST penalty would make them near unusable, and the more recent infernal maps are so built as to nearly necessitate every unit being able to soak a hit or two.
A cavalry archer would just be a walking attack stat. If they matched Klein's 31 Atk, that would be enough.

StAidan

I spent 150 orbs trying to get Sonya, but absentmindedly clicked to continue summoning on a board that had no more greens. 4.25% pity rate ruined by Saber :(

explodet

Why? The game is all about using your resources, so might as well take some of your feathers away.
lol

It was more a comment about how busted cav archers with Brave Bow+ would be. If IS wanted to be dicks, they'd give the cav archer Killer Bow+ (since Slaying Bow+ is now a thing).

Golnei

Don't even joke, I'd whale for Palutena Heroes style in a second.

...She'd probably be a healer.

I don't think they're quite finished with the Echoes characters yet; so you might be in luck.

MdvfWTF.jpg

Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks!

Two other questions:

1. I have a +ATK/-DEF Effie who I've never used. She's 4*, but I'm thinking of promoting and developing her. I see that -SPD is the preferred bane... is it worth it even though she's -DEF?

2. Rein/Hector/Lucina/Effie... how does that team sound? I know they're all all-stars, but are they a little stale in the meta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom