• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ponn

Banned
Unikitty show coming to CN in 2017

P1qu5Af.jpg

Surprised it took this long. Wonder if they will have a Lego line or not, seems like it would be a given.

How is the Lepin falcon more expensive than the real one? ;)

Also: Speaking of friends, anyone here got the Heartlake Grand Hotel by chance? If so i'd like some impressions since it's probably going OOP now or already is and i saw it on sale somewhere but it's still almost 100 euro but then i've always eyed this one but never got it...

Ponn

Banned

Also: Speaking of friends, anyone here got the Heartlake Grand Hotel by chance? If so i'd like some impressions since it's probably going OOP now or already is and i saw it on sale somewhere but it's still almost 100 euro but then i've always eyed this one but never got it...

That's the UCS Falcon bootleg. Or maybe you have a kick ass secret Lego store you aren't telling us about.

Edit: cheeky bastige

Ryuuroden

Special teaser picture of a major work in progress Lego build (by me) for Chicago brickworld coming this weekend hopefully. It is very basic at the moment and is just a footprint so I feel ok with teasing it.

That's the UCS Falcon bootleg. Or maybe you have a kick ass secret Lego store you aren't telling us about.

Edit: cheeky bastige

LOL i actually just saw that now and automatically assumed it was the regular falcon, (in which case WTF) yeah i guess that IS a "reasonable" price for a bootleg UCS Falcon then!

I got it in a sale in 2015. It's a really cool set, lots of small builds and details that kind of makes it feel like a modular lite. It also has a similar footprint, I briefly placed mine on the street while making a new one. There's also a ton of basic white parts. Overall a nice set if you can get it a bit cheaper, although the train might have left on that.

Today I built the Minecraft nether railway. It's totally a parts pack, although you could probably buy a few and make a huge rail system. There are very few different parts, but plenty of 2x2 bricks, 6x6 plates, 1x1 and 1x2 brown jumpers, a big number of those new angled jumpers (which I bought it for), plenty of 1x6 tiles and a few of the new macaroni tiles. Figures are shitty as usual, HOWEVER, the big built "figure" is awesome. It's a cube, and yet it's very playable. Check it out!

The rail function works very well, especially compared to the one in the first season, where it cheated with rounded plates. The macaroni tiles really make for a smooth ride.

Tx Siegfried, i just got it for like 95 euro which is an OK price i suppose at this point in it's lifespan!

Also: My Mixel Army is complete, finally :)

YrkNrTp.jpg

IBpv8V9.jpg

Mixels as far as the eye can see!

xfwhL05.jpg

This guy in the center here is actually one of my favorites, what a badass looking thing!!!

Kinda glad, kinda sad these little guys are gone now though!

I am about to order (Friday night so I can get the free mini beatle) the Silent Mary. But I would like to get the GAF final opinion on it first. I am a little bit torn that it does not have a full hull. Is it a great display piece? Would it look good togheter with Black Pearl and Revenge?

I am about to order (Friday night so I can get the free mini beatle) the Silent Mary. But I would like to get the GAF final opinion on it first. I am a little bit torn that it does not have a full hull. Is it a great display piece? Would it look good togheter with Black Pearl and Revenge?

Awesome on display. It is a bit tricky to move it and transport it, but it looks so awesome when completed. You can also mess with the masts and the front hull angles to give it more character on display.

Special teaser picture of a major work in progress Lego build (by me) for Chicago brickworld coming this weekend hopefully. It is very basic at the moment and is just a footprint so I feel ok with teasing it.

Let me guess. It is a microscale build.

Tx Siegfried, i just got it for like 95 euro which is an OK price i suppose at this point in it's lifespan!

YrkNrTp.jpg

IBpv8V9.jpg

xfwhL05.jpg

This guy in the center here is actually one of my favorites, what a badass looking thing!!!

Congrats! So colorful and complete. The collector in me would have loved to get them all, but I blame LEGO for putting them out 9 every 4 months or somethin ridiculous like that.

Ponn

Banned

xfwhL05.jpg

I'm gonna mix Mixels. I still haven't opened the last wave and put them together, it will kind of be like a finale for them when I do that. I like the Brickheadz with some complaints (less static samey poses) but if that was their re-placement for mixels that makes me sad.

Ugh double up Ugh Ugh I like big boats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, with that round keel in your face you get sprung

I have like two bags left, i've been hit was a couple days worth of migraines and had to put it on hold but i'm already able to say Silent Mary is so far my number one set this year. I love building Lego ships and this one has been extra fun without the hull pieces and building it up straight Lego style. So many great techniques, especially in the skeleton of the ship build. I was wondering from pics how they were going keep it stable the way it looks and they were able to pull it off. It's going to be a great display pieces and unique. I don't see them doing another ghost ship anytime soon. And thats the key, I guess if someone is looking for this to be a traditional ship it just isn't, its a ghost ship from top to bottom. The unique hull build and the way the masts are. This is probably going to be the set I ram down peoples throats this year. Plus i'm going out on a limb and saying without other PoTC sets and with the sail pieces and zombie sharks being unique i'm betting this won't be around for too long. And once its gone with all those unique pieces this set will skyrocket in price.

ghostmind

I am going to post the Jungle Explorers sets, as we never got a complete look at Toy Fair. However, we are still missing 60162 retailer exclusive.

7IqpTkX.jpg

j9OyDov.jpg

WZXcpbk.jpg

7JTTWe9.jpg

eslm03p.jpg

TWat00u.jpg

The Star Wars quad Jumper looks interesting.
Curious to hear how solid of a build it is.

I was hoping we'd get more Brickheadz by the summer. I really. Like that series so far, but the only one I personally really liked enough to get was the Hulk and I got my girlfriend the Beauty and the Beast ones since she's a huge fan.
I know the POTC ones are coming in a day or two, but I want some Marvel characters other than the main heroes (I want Doctor Strange and Ant Man, and maybe a Thor and 'Planet Hulk' Hulk varient). Maybe they'll wait until the those characters' movies before releasing Brickheadz for them (I'm a bit surprised they haven't shown off Guardians of the Galaxy ones).

It will never stop, will it? Looking at all these again just made me realize just HOW many sets i want from that list of upcoming stuff and how i REALLY need to start selling off older sealed sets to keep that backlog from invading our place even more :(

Just picked up Lego World's... Really enjoying it. If the Lego games have soured you lately, World's is worth a look. I'm playing on PS4 and enjoying it way more than expected. It makes me wish Lego Dimensions was World's instead of what it is today :(

Ponn

Banned
I'm still really bummed we have no Condiment King. That should have been a given fig.

When were the summer Lego Batman Movie sets coming out in US again? I need to budget to get the Batwing and Ultimate Batmobile day one. Will pick up the rest on deep sales for the figs. Still waiting for that Tail Gator set to dip to $30.

golem

So I gave in and bought the unspeakable brand...

Amazon and Best Buy have it on sale for $100.

Can already tell the bricks are cheaper, however....

Printed bricks. Just saying....

Picked up some of the Destiny sets. The builds are pretty decent looking (although Atheon is super flimsy) but the quality of the plastics seem only so so. And yes printed bricks are awesome.

Really like those jungle sets but I think the larger ones seem a little lacking for the price, they could have done a nice temple with the biggest one.

Mixels upsets me still my son loved them and they were perfect in terms of difficulty for him at 5. We got shafted here and I never even saw the last wave in any shops at all.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Alligator with printed eyes - is that new?

Too bad there's no smaller set with a flesh-eating plant.

Osahi

Jungle team looks ace. But I fear it's less impressive without the jungle backgrounds of the boxes (confirmed by the white background pics on flickr)

DonShula

I just don't get the Quadjumper and Rathtar sets. One was in the movie for five seconds and the other translates to Lego poorly. Was hoping for more from Star Wars. We need Star Wars Brickheadz too.

And if you told me five years ago you'd get a Wicked Witch of the West minifig in a Batmobile set, I'd have called you stupid.

ghostmind

The Unikitty CN show news was pulled by both Brickset and the BrickFan, with no explanation given.

Other reports/videos have been pulled as well. LEGO ninjas doing work, or some kind of botched April 1st shenanigans?

DonShula

The Unikitty CN show news was pulled by both Brickset and the BrickFan, with no explanation given.

Other reports/videos have been pulled as well. LEGO ninjas doing work, or some kind of botched April 1st shenanigans?

Hopefully the ninjas. My daughter would love a Unikitty show.

Awesome on display. It is a bit tricky to move it and transport it, but it looks so awesome when completed. You can also mess with the masts and the front hull angles to give it more character on display.

Would you happen to know where you got that display case from? I'm looking for something like that for a bunch of my modulars too.

Or at least maybe another picture of what size it is unless you know the dimensions offhand?

Would you happen to know where you got that display case from? I'm looking for something like that for a bunch of my modulars too.

Or at least maybe another picture of what size it is unless you know the dimensions offhand?

IKEA Billy i believe. I got them free from a coworker that was ditching them. And there are solid glass doors without the wood available too apparently. Others in here will know which ones.

LEGO finally releases the designer video for Silent Mary.

https://youtu.be/eBvzWFi0QnI

Marcos Bessa returns to his roots.

That explains a lot. The ship eating aspect is new, and explains why the sides open more like that. And I didn't think to pose the black ribs like that until he pointed it out. Very, very cool.

I've just been buying lego sets because i feel like i need to buy something lately or see something on sale, and not because I actually personally wanted the sets. Think I've crossed the line where I need to force myself to stop cause that type of buying is danagerous.

SEEKING: Technic advice.

I'm craving it again. Aside from the Arocs and the Porsche, what's the best wheel-based set released in the last few years? All I want is a car but it's all tractors and construction stuff. Not that that's bad, really, but those sets need to be quite special to warrant a purchase. So, anyone have any recommendations? Not bothered about price or piece-count, just something fun with some nice moving parts.

Failing that I might get the 40th anniversary sets and do that 1-in-3 build, but we'll see!

Top Bottom