• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PrismStar
(05-20-2017, 05:05 AM)
Yeah, while not Overwatch, many people I know only play League of Legend and that game only, they're not interested in playing other games whatsoever.
OfTheOverflow
(05-20-2017, 05:05 AM)
Meh, I was pretty underwhelmed by what I played of Overwatch. Just feels like an evolution of TF2 which, while not a bad thing at all, doesn't feel as unique as something like R6: Siege which I still haven't managed to pry myself from. Different strokes, I guess.
Sanke__
(05-20-2017, 05:07 AM)
Those games you listed are all kinda mediocre
Luap
(05-20-2017, 05:08 AM)
I'm surprised at how quickly I stopped regularly playing Overwatch.

I played TF2 for years, but my honeymoon period for OW only lasted about ~6 months. It's an objectively good game, but it just didn't capture me like TF2 did, and I was expecting it to.
Kssio_Aug
(05-20-2017, 05:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Sanke__

Those games you listed are all kinda mediocre

It's all a matter of tastes. DMC4 and Dishonored are not considered "mediocre" games by the majority of gamers I know. I particualrly think they're both very good games (specially DMC4).
Jawbreaker
(05-20-2017, 05:09 AM)
Play Rocket League. Swap one addiction for another!
kurahador
(05-20-2017, 05:10 AM)
No one likes you here OP. Go return to that Overwatch shithole.
SirPinkyNose
(05-20-2017, 05:12 AM)
What a coincident. I'm sick of games titled Overwatch. We complete each other,
Dremark
(05-20-2017, 05:13 AM)
I've had the opposite problem lately.
Sanke__
(05-20-2017, 05:16 AM)
Op should try vanquish or doom
(Assuming you are playing on pc)

Originally Posted by Kssio_Aug

It's all a matter of tastes. DMC4 and Dishonored are not considered "mediocre" games by the majority of gamers I know. I particualrly think they're both very good games (specially DMC4).

Mediocre may have been a little harsh but I would consider them around 8's were as bayonetta I would consider a 9 and 8's just don't cut it for breaking an addiction to one game
(The amount of 9's and 10's so far this year has made me very jaded towards a lot of prefectly fine games)

Originally Posted by Wubbys

Tilting about hero selection is more toxic to a team than someone playing hanzo.

I strongly disagree
RockmanBN
(05-20-2017, 05:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

I played 3 games of Overwatch and felt like I had enough.

Different strokes.

Can only play for an hour at most before I call it for the day. Only play when my sibling wants to play.
Ploid 3.0
(05-20-2017, 05:22 AM)

Different strokes.

I played quite a bit more, for the skin events, and I wish I was into just playing it without an incentive to play like leveling up for loot crate rolls. I don't even bother with the events anymore. I think I'm around level 8 or something. When they removed the restarting from level 1 to get fast loot boxes it just made me want to stay low level to try for a box or two on events. I never got to get as high as 100 but the fact that I get nothing for starting over now just makes leveling not worth it outside of events for me.

If and when they start focusing on a ton of PVE and maybe even go into story and raids I'll look into getting into it. Destiny 2 may be that thing though. I never played Destiny 1 so that will be interesting.
Last edited by Ploid 3.0; 05-20-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Jblanks
(05-20-2017, 05:26 AM)
Sounds like an addiction.

For my I'll play a lot for a couple months and then take a couple months break, probably healthier that way.
gutter_trash
(05-20-2017, 05:29 AM)
I felt left behind in Overwatch; the game is way too competitive for me. I couldn't keep up
veloxStrix
Banned
(05-20-2017, 05:30 AM)
I've put 1500 hours into Overwatch over a year somehow. I don't think I really played anything else besides a little Gwent.
Ahasverus
(05-20-2017, 05:35 AM)
I'm the same but with The Witcher 3. Why isn't every game TW3? I don't get it.
JBwB
(05-20-2017, 05:43 AM)
Currently going through something vaguely similar with the Persona games.

I've recently finished P5 & P4G, but every game I've played since beating them just doesn't feel right. Even DOOM which is supposed to be mindless fun wasn't doing it for me.

I just think I need more Persona in my life right now.
Iva Demilcol
(05-20-2017, 05:56 AM)
Just photoshop the Overwatch logo on all your game covers OP.

Problem solved.
sugarman
(05-20-2017, 06:01 AM)
Overwatch
Horizon
BLOPS2

The only games i'll play these days. I need a Switch.
WaterAstro
(05-20-2017, 06:07 AM)
I was sick of Overwatch in the beta.

Rather just play some awesome Uncharted 4 multiplayer.
antibolo
Banned
(05-20-2017, 06:18 AM)
I stopped playing Overwatch some months ago, at one point it felt like I had played enough, just gets repetitive. Not a fan of online gaming in general, Overwatch was one of the rare exceptions.
iRAWRasaurus
(05-20-2017, 06:20 AM)
Meh i play overwatch once every 2-4 months. I even own 2 copies, pc copy was a gift. The game just doesn't catch my interest.

May I ask overwatch addicts, what makes the game so addicting? Please no waifus or "it's just the best" as answers.
DOWN
(05-20-2017, 06:25 AM)
Did no one notice that OP listed some of the most critically disliked AAA games in recent memory? RE6? CoD Ghosts? Street Fighter V?
daveo42
(05-20-2017, 06:27 AM)
Play whatever you want OP, but try and step away from a game you're hung up on from time to time or else you might miss out on some really great games. I did that with FFXI and am still catching up with all the great games I missed between 2003-2005.

Originally Posted by Lunar15

This thread is going to be full of people shitting on you, but I think most people can attest to getting really addicted to one game and everything else not filling the same need.

I just finished P5 and I have no desire to play anything else right now because nothing else is gonna give me that fix.

It happens. I've been tempted to play P5 a third time after beating it twice and putting 250 hours into the game. I had to physically remove and put it away to try and move on to something else.
cripterion
(05-20-2017, 06:28 AM)
I had more fun in one PUBG round than the entirety of my time in Overwatch.
For a good while I kept playing just to chase those lootboxes, luckily I've snapped out of it and went on to play more interesting things.
Snagret
(05-20-2017, 06:32 AM)
Loved my time with Overwatch, but I got tired of choosing between quick play with brain dead players and competitive mode with toxic players who sucked the fun right out of the game.

That and I think they should've released more maps by now.
batrush
(05-20-2017, 06:34 AM)
Besides DMC4 every game you listed there is either terrible to mediocre at best.
Spukc
(05-20-2017, 06:37 AM)
I hate e-sports games xD
KazenY2J
(05-20-2017, 06:37 AM)
Take a break from it.
EekumBokum
(05-20-2017, 06:42 AM)
I mean with that list of games, no shit. Overwatch is better than all of them.
Perona
(05-20-2017, 06:55 AM)
Overwatch was like that for me for a couple months after it came out, but I barely play it anymore except during events and rocket league has taken its place as my go-to game.
Khrno
(05-20-2017, 07:13 AM)
I watched a video of Overwatch when it got announced and got sick of it. Since then I have probably finished over a hundred games throughout many platforms.
zoodoo
(05-20-2017, 07:26 AM)
Played it during the free weekend and wondered what the fuss is all about.

Sure it's ok but nothing special.
Dueck
(05-20-2017, 07:32 AM)
I'm sick of Overwatch... It seems like there needs to be a fad, and I can never tell if it annoys me because I can't escape it or because it's undeserved. Sometimes it's easy to tell, like when I wanted everyone to shut up about Breaking Bad. That was an objectively awesome show, I had simply reached my limit with having it shoved in my face unintentionally and constantly.

With Overwatch, I think it's genuinely overrated and simply something decent rather than special. Team Fortress 2 has been there and done that, Blizzard just put more effort into its pandering than Valve. I loved the beta and pre-ordered the game during it. Between that and the gold edition of The Division, among others, it was a bad year for me when it came to digital game purchases.

For anyone who is sick of everything except Overwatch, but getting burned out on Overwatch, Titanfall 2 needs some love! That was my GotY for 2016 honestly, and then EA had to send it out to die... It doesn't even have a real F2P model included with the purchase price <3
Ivellios
(05-20-2017, 07:39 AM)
Personally i prefer to play Overwatch over most games when im with friends, otherwise i just play another game
The Dude
(05-20-2017, 07:40 AM)
Meh, this game does nothing got me. Had a few matches and was easiest game to walk from.
Berserking Guts
(05-20-2017, 07:42 AM)
I can only play Overwatch is small sessions before the solo-Q leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I like the game, but it's one of the most frustrating multiplayer games I've played in years.
NinjaBoiX
(05-20-2017, 07:44 AM)
No, I'm not really fussed about Overwatch. It's fun and everything but I probably played about 15-20 games and haven't touched it since.

Originally Posted by opricnik

I tried bunch of games all supposedly had good ratings etc like Dishonored,DMC4,Resident evil6,CoD Ghosts,SF5 etc

🤔
L4DANathan
(05-20-2017, 07:50 AM)

Originally Posted by tentacleterror

RE6 and Ghosts? Lol this guy

When I saw that, bells started going off in my head.
Omnii-chan
(05-20-2017, 07:52 AM)
I like Overwatch, but rarely play it. R6 Siege is my jam. Feels so fun. Every game is completely different every time.
StrategyFan
(05-20-2017, 07:55 AM)
i get physically tired from action games

but a good slow-paced strategy game can be addictive. i might play nothing else for weeks
MrCookiepants
(05-20-2017, 08:01 AM)
Overwatch is pretty bad. Shields and healing in a PvP game is anti-fun, and that shit is taken to insane extremes in OW. I feel better with that game out of my life.
Hesh
(05-20-2017, 08:02 AM)
I don't like it when games I play aren't my favorite game either, OP.
Psychoward
Banned
(05-20-2017, 08:05 AM)

Originally Posted by kurahador

No one likes you here OP. Go return to that Overwatch shithole.

What
OminoMichelin
(05-20-2017, 08:06 AM)

Different strokes.

same tbh, during the open weekend.
glaringradio
(05-20-2017, 08:06 AM)
I recently built my first PC and a friend told me I should test it out with Overwatch. He's still my friend but I no longer trust anything he says.

I have this vision of everyone at Blizzard thinking "this is it. This is our Team Fortress beater, we've done it!" Then within two weeks of launch:
Laputa_94
(05-20-2017, 08:08 AM)
I used to have the overwatch sickness. I have around 300+ hours in, and have reached the point where the game is pretty much only fun if I am playing with friends not taking it seriously. Competitive mode is a nightmare if you take it seriously which I do more than I would like to admit. Now I feel I have fully escaped its grasp with playing persona 5 and FFXV getting me back into single player games.
spazchicken
(05-20-2017, 08:14 AM)
And as a Street Fighter V player with dozens of moves and combos per character and pretty deep mechanics, I can't help but see Overwatch as a simple, shallow experience where you aim the thing at the thing and pull the thing, wash, rinse, repeat.
Psychoward
Banned
(05-20-2017, 08:14 AM)

Originally Posted by glaringradio

I recently built my first PC and a friend told me I should test it out with Overwatch. He's still my friend but I no longer trust anything he says.

I have this vision of everyone at Blizzard thinking "this is it. This is our Team Fortress beater, we've done it!" Then within two weeks of launch:

Why would they make a mistake by making one of the most played games of the generation which also got good fan and critical reception?
icecold1983
(05-20-2017, 08:15 AM)
Overwatch is like playing a real fps with hacks, so no