• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

dafortune

Which mobile version are you using? Is it fully updated?

Newest version on android. I'm using the URL you just posted. I also tried putting the URL in my phone's browser and it takes me to a page that says my device is not supported. If it's possible to invite me via gamer tag mine is dafortune82

Fuchsdh

Newest version on android. I'm using the URL you just posted. I also tried putting the URL in my phone's browser and it takes me to a page that says my device is not supported. If it's possible to invite me via gamer tag mine is dafortune82

Sent you an in-game invite.

ZXmJRyL.png
Is all that ##### normal?

-Minsc-

Tentative Date: Dec. 10, 2017

This server will be going offline, the days of hustle and bustle have long past. I plan to spend one final evening on it. A farewell to a period of my life.

-Minsc-

I caught the fever to put a few final personal touches on the old map. It all starts with making a road. Maybe it'll end with a road.

-Minsc-

I should really finish my Mansion, maybe I'll find some time this week
All the odds and ends.

I ended up putting some finishing touches on my desert wall build. Must give a big thanks to Liz for actually building something within it when I lost ambition oh so long ago. Looking over the place I see there's some green space I can yet fill.

r_x2

So with the Server being on the way out, could I get one last request in?
can I get mod status for some of the fancy stuff I wanted to do?
pls

Edit: Yay! Santa Claus is real my wish has been granted. Thank You Santa ;)

-Minsc-

FYI:

Server expires Jan. 6, 2018. I'll likely take it offline Jan. 4 or 5 just so I can ensure I can grab a hold of a backup.

r_x2

FYI:

Server expires Jan. 6, 2018. I'll likely take it offline Jan. 4 or 5 just so I can ensure I can grab a hold of a backup.

That leaves enough time to finish up lots of stuff.

ATTENTION!

I've been spending some time filling up the Tardis network with new destinations, so if anybody knows of any builds they would like a fast travel to let me know and I'll get to it.
mostly thinking builds that are far out and community builds but there should be enough room for whatever so gimme a holla.

-Minsc-

Since I know there are those who would like the server to "just be there" I'm thinking I'm thinking of looking around for a different host which is more cost effective for the current level of activity.

Looking back at Multiplay server hosting, I can get 4 player slots and 1GB ram for three months at 9.45 GBP (apprx 12-13 USD). If I double the ram it'll run me double at 18.90 GBP (24-26 USD).

Currently I am paying 54.70 USD for three months. This gets me 30 players with 1.5GB ram and 23GB backup storage. At the time I switched to MCProhosting it was actually quite a bit cheaper than Multiplay.

I'll look further into Multiplay, The big thing will be if they charge extra for backup storage like MCPro. It costs an extra $4/month to get 20 GB added storage. Back when we used to be on Multiplay we had about 30 days worth of backups, which was quite nice. Right now I have to check in a couple times a week we don't fill our space.

r_x2

Since I know there are those who would like the server to "just be there" I'm thinking I'm thinking of looking around for a different host which is more cost effective for the current level of activity.

Looking back at Multiplay server hosting, I can get 4 player slots and 1GB ram for three months at 9.45 GBP (apprx 12-13 USD). If I double the ram it'll run me double at 18.90 GBP (24-26 USD).

Currently I am paying 54.70 USD for three months. This gets me 30 players with 1.5GB ram and 23GB backup storage. At the time I switched to MCProhosting it was actually quite a bit cheaper than Multiplay.

I'll look further into Multiplay, The big thing will be if they charge extra for backup storage like MCPro. It costs an extra $4/month to get 20 GB added storage. Back when we used to be on Multiplay we had about 30 days worth of backups, which was quite nice. Right now I have to check in a couple times a week we don't fill our space.

I think you have already done enough my friend.
thx for keeping the server going this long

Grinchy

Banned
Based on how dead this thread is, I'm guessing no one has been getting into this SevTech: Ages massive modpack?

I can't tell how I'm feeling about it so far. I'm at a point where I have a base and tons of torches surrounding the area and creepers still just blow up outside of the wall and ruin all my chests.

dunno if you will see this Minsc, dunno if you frequent gaf anymore. Just wanted to say thanks for the Gafland upload/ Grabbed it and looking forward to having a walk around the old T.A.M.P.O.N line. Fraid not Grinchy my time with minecraft is at an end. I keep trying to get into it but these days it doesn't hold my interest for long anymore

r_x2

dunno if you will see this Minsc, dunno if you frequent gaf anymore. Just wanted to say thanks for the Gafland upload/ Grabbed it and looking forward to having a walk around the old T.A.M.P.O.N line. Fraid not Grinchy my time with minecraft is at an end. I keep trying to get into it but these days it doesn't hold my interest for long anymore
let me know how the map runs for you, its a slideshow for me sadly

let me know how the map runs for you, its a slideshow for me sadly

It runs "ok" for the most part. Lots of stuttering and huge amounts of pop up. This is the first time I have been in the java version for a long long time. I never thought I would say this but I really think they need to let the java version just fucking die already. The java version is just an embarrassment in 2018 technically. I just wish there was a way to easily convert the Neocraft world and Gafland to the windows 10 version.

I had a bit of a wander around Gafland tonight after downloading it. Oh my god some of those memories, many happy times were spent building the mega dome and the Tampon laughing with the crew. It was also kinda bittersweet really knowing it can never go back to that. I think the biggest lump in the throat moment was when I got to my mega dome and my three cats were still there . I also noticed I had a visitor there in the form of Artistdude.

If any of the old crew read this, I miss you guys it was great seeing your work in Gafland.

r_x2

It runs "ok" for the most part. Lots of stuttering and huge amounts of pop up.
turns out the problem was the smooth lighing, runs decent now
I had a bit of a wander around Gafland tonight after downloading it. Oh my god some of those memories, many happy times were spent building the mega dome and the Tampon laughing with the crew. It was also kinda bittersweet really knowing it can never go back to that. I think the biggest lump in the throat moment was when I got to my mega dome and my three cats were still there . I also noticed I had a visitor there in the form of Artistdude.

If any of the old crew read this, I miss you guys it was great seeing your work in Gafland.
fun fact: The jungle outside of your dome is the only place where I could find Parrots, also I think there is a glass piece missing from that dome iirc

Last edited:
glad you got it sorted r_x2 I have always had a love hate relationship with that java client. Since switching too the windows 10 version of minecraft it has been a revelation. The only problem is all our old server worlds were stuck with the java version. I have found a tool that lets me convert the java worlds to win10 worlds and in the process of doing that now. So far I have the really old world pre 2011 convered and neocraft the world from 2011 to 2014 done and dusted. Unfortunately Gaffland (2014 - 2018) is causing a bit of a headache. The world converts fine and it loads fine but it continually crashes, gonna give it another go at another time.

If anyone is interested in downloading the old server worlds for the win 10 version of minecraft just give a shout in here and I will post links to them.

-Minsc-

I still visit GAF, way more than I should. It's nice to see people putting the world to use. :)

Spanning the two maps, it was a lot of fun. Seeing that blond haired person working on this massive minecart transport system during my first day on the Neocraft map left an impression on me. Kindly telling me places to check out and touting a city of domes. With no clue what to build I decided to build an aquadome. Had to put a twist on the old dome idea somehow.

Thinking about the old times really is bittersweet. For me it's not so much that a GAF Minecraft server will never be like that again, rather, I simply can not go back to living like that. Thanks for the fun times peoples. :)

Isobelise

Not a clue how to start on anything like that, besides I think minecraft is hardly populair enough these days.
Perhaps an external stable server would be interesting to have a "clan" on.

-Minsc-

This thread has posts :D

Hey liz,

I'm playing This Old Game these days.

If I feel like doing something Minecraft like it probably would be the MineColonies mod.

For an active (I think) server, with some old folks from here, there's the server over at ResetEra. Though it doesn't work with the Java version.

As long as one wants to pay, it's actually very easy to set up a Minecraft server. A server with automatic backups practically runs its self.

ohhhh life :p yeah my minecraft days are pretty much over here too. I still fire up the windows 10 version of Minecraft now and again and have a walk around our old worlds. Since I never posted the links here I will do so now.

OLDCRAFT (pre-2011) - This was the first world I joined and it is where we built the "Manifest Destiny" to take our supplies to the new world. It has some great sights to see such as Arkyoto the first. It is an MC world file and comes in at 374mbs. You can download it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7oiw6u08tox1f2/oldcraft.mcworld?dl=0

NEOCRAFT (2011 - 2014) - This was the world where we "got serious". There are some absolutely fantastic builds on here from Nine's skyrim inspired village to Dryuriev's erm insanity...... and the less said about Mackroids area the better. Again it is an MC world file and comes in at 948mbs. You can download it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0kf9hfq7jhrwdo/neocraft.mcworld?dl=0

GAFLAND (2014 - 2018) - The last of the worlds and the one that went on the longest in no small part to Minsc's tireless efforts to keep the server running. Again 4 years worth of world builiding you could spend an age exploring all made easy by the Trans-Aquatic Multilevel Passenger Overhead Navigator. This map has everything including a baseball stadium a christmas village and of course domes. It is now fully stable in Minecraft Win 10 so is available for download.

Unfortunatelly it is NOT an MC world file. It seems the minecraft export feature craps out with a map this size. So you have to manually install it. This is not as hard as it seems, just download the zip file, unzip it and then copy the folder to your minecraft save worlds which is at :-

C:\Users\(your pc username)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang

The world comes in at 2.2gbs and can be downloaded from here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce4ifak3s3c1ew1/gafland2014-1018.zip?dl=0

Remember these worlds are for WINDOWS 10 version.

I think Minecrafts time is at an end if I am honest. Most kids have moved on to killing people in shitenite or whatever it is called. I miss you guys there will never be a time like it again.

-Minsc-

CharmingCharlie CharmingCharlie You were definitely one of the first people, if not the first, I met on the server.

I remember one fellow made an art museum. My modern art exhibit was a giant roll of toilet paper. :)

Melon

Banned
Hi, peeps, I'm dusting off this thread because I have been wanting to host a Minecraft server for a while. However, I don't want to pay for hosting if no one is really interested in it, y'know? A few people on the GAF Discord are interested, but I want to see if anyone on the forum is interested as well! :messenger_smiling:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Hi, peeps, I'm dusting off this thread because I have been wanting to host a Minecraft server for a while. However, I don't want to pay for hosting if no one is really interested in it, y'know? A few people on the GAF Discord are interested, but I want to see if anyone on the forum is interested as well! :messenger_smiling:
I would be down.

Top Bottom