• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Store outs Halo Xbox One story overview

Computer

They need to close some doors and have a more simple story. Halo 4 storyline was a complete mess. Or just explain wtf is going on.

My best guess would be at the time Bungie was still making Halo games and Marty had some sort of oversight or something with the soundtrack, whereas he/Bungie had absolutely nothing to do with Halo 4.

Sure, but then what about Never Forget (midnight) in Halo 4? Surely that would belong to Bungie/Marty also..

Its just crazy, Halo games had themes that were as synonymous with it as Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, etc themes are with their respective properties. Halo 4 without any real touches of the classic Halo music felt like a weird knock off (not to mention the music was so buried in the audio mix it was hard to hear and enjoy).

BraXzy

I hope they delve more into the expansive universe that they have at hand. There is so much to include that they don't. I suppose the hard bit is working it into gameplay.

Oh and don't use damn terminals -.- or at least, expand on stuff that's explained in game.

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

Huh, I thought Microsoft promised that the new halo 4, 5 and 6 would be on Xbox 360?

Nokterian

GAF determined that from the E3 trailer that Master Chief is going deep under cover in Mexico with a sombrero and poncho to escape the Flood. Why must the Microsoft store try to cover up the truth.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77234651&postcount=315

Halo-hola.jpg

At work i couldn't stop laughing at this,so damn hilarious! Hola a hombre story with 3 amigo's on a space adventure,olé!

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

Huh, I thought Microsoft promised that the new halo 4, 5 and 6 would be on Xbox 360?

When did they ever allude to that?

Live action Halo movie. Surely this is the answer right? RIGHT?

Not gonna lie, despite my feelings of the Halo 4 story being a letdown and my worry for the future of the franchise... I would fucking kill for a live action Halo movie. Done right it would be amazing.

And I'm sure it would sell a few games also.

EvB

So the rank was wrong, the chip isn't supposed to be mysterious and sentient life seems more likely to wear camouflage and walk than say, trees.

Bombadil should have helped whatever hapless employee wrote that.

I think a race of Tree like enemies would be a good way for the franchise to go.

Not gonna lie, despite my feelings of the Halo 4 story being a letdown and my worry for the future of the franchise... I would fucking kill for a live action Halo movie. Done right it would be amazing.

Hollywood doesn't like to make movies where the hero's face is constantly covered, and I don't want a movie that has Chief taking off his helmet at every emotional beat.

Really dont understand Why MS doesn't do one, Plaster Spartan Armor on buildings, "Deliver Hope" trailer made me realize how badass Spartans Look.

So they are ripping off Mass Effect's storyline now?

Gui_PT

Really dont understand Why MS doesn't do one, Plaster Spartan Armor on buildings, "Deliver Hope" trailer made me realize how badass Spartans Look.

They had a go at it and screwed up

Edit: They're making a tv show and maybe if that goes well they'll give a movie another shot

Hollywood doesn't like to make movies where the hero's face is constantly covered, and I don't want a movie that has Chief taking off his helmet at every emotional beat.

Don't set MC as the lead, let the film follow someone else. Have MC or other Spartans show up, but just don't rely on them to carry the film. I would love to see ODSTs in action, or even the origins of the Spartan program come to life.

Agreed. I really think a Halo movie would grab a lot of attention, even from 'non fans'.

Don't set MC as the lead, let the film follow someone else. Have MC or other Spartans show up, but just don't rely on them to carry the film. I would love to see ODSTs in action, or even the origins of the Spartan program come to life.
I'm afraid that would really only work for a series type approach (like the upcoming show will most likely do), but for the grand scale save-the-universe plot, you need the main character to be followed all the time by the audience or the connection to the hero won't be there.

But I'm all for a Fillion ODST movie.

monome

talks about a Halo game with a good story are beautifully insane.

the Halo game we get in 2014.
I remember there were positions at 343i some time ago for a special Halo game

I d rather put my optimism on 343i building its own Halo formula rather than the 4.5 game we re soon gonna get.

can I hype myself?
343i is a coslty studio with top talent.
they did so so on first time, okay.
but can I believe they actually have the greenlight from MS to build their own sweet thing with the Halo brand on it?

the job offerings were not specific.
but they refered to making something new, as in untested, with Halo.

I'm afraid that would really only work for a series type approach (like the upcoming show will most likely do), but for the grand scale save-the-universe plot, you need the main character to be followed all the time by the audience or the connection to the hero won't be there.

But I'm all for a Fillion ODST movie.

I'm pretty skeptical that a big budget Halo movie with a good director and cast attached would need MC as the lead to survive. As long as the movie showcased what made the Halo universe appealing it would draw crowds.. Sure, put MC and other Spartans in the film.. but they certainly don't need to me the main attraction in the whole thing.

Hell, I would love to see a movie that takes some time and shows us Covenant politics. Or ancient humans vs forerunners vs flood.

Walshicus

Did I miss something? Why are people assuming this indicates The Flood will return? Looks like more Promethean/Forerunner stuff to me.

Top Bottom