• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Figured it out. Add something to your cart. Go to checkout but don't complete that order and your order history changes since you have more then one order.

Got it. Mine says in process. I had to go all the way up to actually right before hitting the submit to buy the order before backing out and seeing it.

Plumpman

I'm really mad. I didn't even know the wizards edition existed until it was too late. Damn it.

The wizards companion reminds me of the old D&D days where I'd buy the monster manuals just to look at all the lore and art of the creatures. Arggggg!!

I'm really mad. I didn't even know the wizards edition existed until it was too late. Damn it.

The wizards companion reminds me of the old D&D days where I'd buy the monster manuals just to look at all the lore and art of the creatures. Arggggg!!
It's a physical copy of the one in the game, but yeah always nice to have one by your side instead of reading from the game.

Lucent

Digital River just sucks ass. I think that's the bottom line here.

Yep! I dunno how this is such a mess. They took the majority of the orders and closed them off at least 3-4 months ago. They had a ton of time to prepare for this. They knew this day was coming.

-raises fist to the air-

THEY KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMING!!!!

-lighting strikes-

I dunno but yeah they suck so much. =l

Kyon

Banned
that worked. order in process

OMG it did! Order in process! CHEERS!

52b0f867.gif

iammeiam

Watching my order history is sort of funny. I've only ordered once, paid with Paypal so no chance of billing shenanigans. Up until an hour or two ago, I had two orders on my account. One submitted, one unsubmitted. Now I have a third unsubmitted order. No idea what they're doing, but as long as I get my WE I won't care.

Lucent

Most people didn't know that because the dumb website requires you input a cheat code to reach the page that shows it.

Yep. Choose your product! -Street Fighter select screen music- Checkout! -sends you to payment method stage- Continue!(?) -no timer but yeah- Subm-NO!! -hits my account and then order history- RESULTS!

Super easy!

My charge is still pending. Hopefully it goes through and I see a shipped status on my order history tomorrow.

Dwayne

Yep. Choose your product! -Street Fighter select screen music- Checkout! -sends you to payment method stage- Continue!(?) -no timer but yeah- Subm-NO!! -hits my account and then order history- RESULTS!

Or, My Account->Back to Main Help Page->My Order History?

Lucent

lol
What a fucking shit-show.

We will all laugh when this is over. But still be really shitty. I can't see myself ordering through them anymore. It'd have to be an amazing package to get me to go through this again.

Or, My Account->Back to Main Help Page->My Order History?

That didn't work until I added another item and went through all that. I had to add an item and almost buy it before that'd show up. Before I did that, I'd do what you said and it'd change from order history to order details immediately. Just a wack site they have. lol

Watching my order history is sort of funny. I've only ordered once, paid with Paypal so no chance of billing shenanigans. Up until an hour or two ago, I had two orders on my account. One submitted, one unsubmitted. Now I have a third unsubmitted order. No idea what they're doing, but as long as I get my WE I won't care.

Hahah what the hell is wrong with Digital River?! So ridiculous.

Shows in process for me. Had to do the fake checkout trick to get the status to show up.

I doubt I'll use them again after the insanity that's went on so far with their customer service from what I've seen in this thread.

Lucent

I don't know about 'laugh' considering how much I spent on shipping...

lol I'm sorry. But yeah I know. I spent like $11.87 on 2-day shipping. Coulda sworn Capcom's store was worse though. I never wanted to order anything from them because their shipping prices are crazy even for the slow stuff.

Mudron

For folks who pre-orded a bundle just a few days ago using PayPal - how are you guys tracking your orders?

I haven't received any emails yet myself, outside of the initial payment confirmation from PayPal.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
lol I'm sorry. But yeah I know. I spent like $11.87 on 2-day shipping. Coulda sworn Capcom's store was worse though. I never wanted to order anything from them because their shipping prices are crazy even for the slow stuff.

Yep. Just shy of $12 for shipping.
I think I figured out their tactics.
String us along as much as humanly (or robotically) possible; that we'll be thankful when the shit finally arrives, weeks late and banged up!

Lucent

String us along as much as humanly (or robotically) possible; that we'll be thankful when the shit finally arrives, weeks late and banged up!

We will seriously not laugh at all if this happens. Can't stand having my stuff banged up like that.

Balb

They're probably counting on some people being impatient and buying a second copy to play.

Trumpets

Is it certain that the EU won't get all the extra stuff from the NA version? Think I'll probably cancel mine if so - £40 extra for a nice book and crappy soft toy just can't be justified.

The NA version looks well worth it though.

JohngPR

I think everyone that ordered the Wizard's Edition had the thought (at least in the back of their mind) that this would happen...at least I did. :p

after almost placing an order for tales of, I was able to see the status, its says preparing order. I hope to get the game soon.

The web site its really bad XD

Sushigod7

Amazon has me spoiled. I should have it at my home by now!

Yeah that's the real shame here Amazon has spoiled us all there is a reason I pay for Prime because they have great service to back up if something is messed up. They will replace or give you credit for any issues can't beat it really. I also got notification they shipped my guide so at least it's going to be here before the weekend. The game on the other hand who knows.lol

Hobbun

Mine has shipped as well, have even received a shipping confirmation email. (Wasn't sure if people were just indicating from their product page).

Lazlo

Thank you for ordering from Namco Bandai Games America on January 17, 2013. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11081 Ni no Kuni: W 1 1 1 $128.71

Ding ding ding ding ding!

JohngPR

Yeah that's the real shame here Amazon has spoiled us all there is a reason I pay for Prime because they have great service to back up if something is messed up. They will replace or give you credit for any issues can't beat it really. I also got notification they shipped my guide so at least it's going to be here before the weekend. The game on the other hand who knows.lol

Yep, exactly. I have Prime and out of the countless things I've bought on Amazon over the years I can count on one hand how many issues I've had an issue. Of those, they've pretty much taken care of me every time by either giving me a credit or shipping another copy with overnight shipping.

Amazon rules.

no change here :(

:(

When did you order?

Top Bottom