• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution Screens: Akatsuki Origins

Kabuto

For the first time ever, the origin of the most merciless band ever is depicted!

Thanks to NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULTIMATE NINJA STORM REVOLUTION, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN fans will have all the details about Akatsuki’s background! All aspiring ninjas are asking themselves tons of questions for years: how was Akatsuki, the biggest threat in the Ninja universe, brought to life? How did Pain and Konan expand their crew?

This new animation will be woven into gameplay, allowing players to take part in the origins of the Akatsuki. Various members of the infamous gang such as Sasori, Kakuzu, and others, will have new outfits designed by series creator Masashi Kishimoto.

iCrdx1JILShJp.jpg

igSmB4PIGdnLE.jpg

iWlUNw3Iqo8pU.jpg

iboAxxu6Xpk9hE.jpg

ijweL4Ee1sV2U.jpg

iBJtxbYXqRyt0.jpg

i7P4BiIUngWv3.jpg

i2ukSLjWE56Bf.jpg

iBSf3nWUAKlIc.jpg

iZQZKFe9ys4Gb.jpg

ifEre0sKg8osv.jpg

icRJ5rRLE5Blr.jpg

That last picture looks so badass. I'm praying for a PC release

FYC

Banned
Yes! I really like the character designs. Should be a fun watch, always wanted some more backstory on the Akatsuki.

Dysun

This actually looks pretty interesting, and adds something new and unique to an otherwise bland looking game

Tecl0n

Did the PC version do terribly, or the timeframe between releases is just too short? considering how late its predecessor came to PC.

Mesoian

wtf is wrong with his arm?

It's fake.

Either way, this game is still single player only, right? Well, the way the other storm games have been, that's probably for the best. Still though, I'll probably sit this one out and wait for the final Storm game that should be out near the Naruto finale.

Did the PC version do terribly, or the timeframe between releases is just too short? considering how late its predecessor came to PC.

Neither. The PC version was more of an experiment to see how a release would do. Last I heard, it was still doing well. But CC2 has to keep pumping these games out if they want to keep the licence, which is why the older games never get fixed. There's a very old guard capcom feel to how CC2 is handling their properties lately.

Neither. The PC version was more of an experiment to see how a release would do. Last I heard, it was still doing well. But CC2 has to keep pumping these games out if they want to keep the licence, which is why the older games never get fixed. There's a very old guard capcom feel to how CC2 is handling their properties lately.
That explains why the Storm series is now a yearly series. I still think it's a bit too early for Revolution.

Mesoian

That explains why the Storm series is now a yearly series. I still think it's a bit too early for Revolution.

Considering this game seems to be little more than a single player expansion pack, It was probably something that originally was going to be DLC, but spun out of control/allows for the manga to get another 10 months under it's belt before they have to make up another terrible ending.

But yeah, there's been a storm game every year for the past 5 or so years.

Kabuto

Guessing were gonna get the backstory on when
Orochimaru Left the Akatsuki.
Seems Good, might get this.

yeah this is probably the part I'm most excited about. We barely know anything about that incident.

If there are three separate campaigns for this game (canon storyline, Mecha Naruto, and the Akatsuki Origins), I will definitely get this.

desu

Backstory to Akatsuki sound pretty awesome, might be the best thing about the game.

Gimme Sound 4 ...

FYC

Banned
Either way, this game is still single player only, right? Well, the way the other storm games have been, that's probably for the best. Still though, I'll probably sit this one out and wait for the final Storm game that should be out near the Naruto finale.

Believe so. Super bummed that the 4 Character Arena mode is single player only.

Whyyyyyyyyy

It's gonna be sooo weird seeing Orochimaru in an Akatsuki cloak.

What about Orochimaru...With a wig?

DedValve

Banned
Goddammit. *pre-orders Naruto*

I was going to wait till the next game for the end of the war but if this is a long side campaign and not just "episodes" like in previous games I am in. I am all in.

Fucking love the akatsuki.

I hope they have stuff like Kakuzu vs 1st hokage or Kakuzu & Hidan vs 2 tails jinchuriki as well as a bunch of new stuff.

Uh, yeah, you have. You've seen Deidara, Kisame and Itachi too, at least.

Oh, yeah, I've seen those too

Wait until you meet Pain.

I rekindled with this series after I stop years ago, skipping the fillers too since I don't have time for that, I am currently at the beginning of season 4 and I am quite liking where this is going, it looks like shit is about to go down, a bunch Ninjas were dispatched to hunt down those 2 Akatsuki guys, the religious one cracks me up.

you're in for quite a ride

Oh yeah, it looks like it.

Don't watch/read/follow Naruto but I fully admit these games from CC2 are downright amazing to see. Just downloaded 3 I guess it is on PC and was pretty blown away again after playing the first for a few hours back around PS3 launch.

Have no interest in the franchise as a whole but I will probably check this out as well just because each time I play one I have a list of other series I wish they would work their magic on.

FYC

Banned
People say Rock Lee is a bad show. Those people don't have souls.

Preach.

Don't watch/read/follow Naruto but I fully admit these games from CC2 are downright amazing to see. Just downloaded 3 I guess it is on PC and was pretty blown away again after playing the first for a few hours back around PS3 launch.

Have no interest in the franchise as a whole but I will probably check this out as well just because each time I play one I have a list of other series I wish they would work their magic on.

CC2 is pretty damn great. They handle some moments better than the manga/anime(Edo Tensei Haku/Zabuza, for one).

Top Bottom