• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham City Imposters going free to play

Will it be free on Xbox 360 too? It won't, right? Microsoft would have a heart-attack if something was free in XBLA. Then again, there are a few free XBLA games so maybe, just maybe...

Happy Wars and Ascend: New Gods are F2P games that will be releasing on XBLA this year, both published by Microsoft.

So there's that.

Camp Lo

Banned
The game was fantastic to play and everyone should at least try it out.

If you can look past the lag and bugs, maybe. It plays like a broken mnc and finding a match reasonably, forget about it. So many shooters surpass this game this generation.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
If you can look past the lag and bugs, maybe. It plays like a broken mnc and finding a match reasonably, forget about it. So many shooters surpass this game this generation.

I put around 200 hours into this game and rarely ran into issues. Matchmaking was a problem when it was first released and it was quickly fixed.

glaurung

I had to review it when it first launched. It's a piece of shit and an insult to the Batman theme.

F2P won't save this turd from oblivion either.

Happy Wars and Ascend: New Gods are F2P games that will be releasing on XBLA this year, both published by Microsoft.

So there's that.

Yeah, but those are probably cheap-o indie games barely worth being on an ipad.
Any game with work put into it like Gotham City Imposters being offered free by MS would signal the collapse of the universe.

I'm glad I didn't buy this -- I played the demo on Xbox Live and just didn't like it. I thought it was too much like Team Fortress 2 but with Batman/Joker characters and minus the charm of TF2. It felt like a cash grab than a decent game.
Eh. Other than the aesthetics in the vaguest sense that it's very stylized cartoony characters, I don't think it's at all like TF2. Again, the basic mechanics feel a lot like Call of Duty mixed with an added layer of Shadowrun style equipment and powers.

Yeah, but those are probably cheap-o indie games barely worth being on an ipad.
Any game with work put into it like Gotham City Imposters being offered free by MS would signal the collapse of the universe.

Perhaps you should look those games up before making assumptions and judging them...

Happy Wars is a game very similar to Fat Princess with tons of customization options.
Ascend: New Gods is an ambitious action RPG that spans across Xbox, Windows & Windows Phone in a seamless integrated experience.

Both are F2P games by Microsoft Studios, not to mention Microsoft Flight and Age of Empires: Online on the PC side.

But yeah, "cheap-o indie game" right?

Nabs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206210/

header.jpg

Steam Achievements

Steam Leaderboards

Steam Cloud

Stats

Valve Anti-Cheat enabled

syko de4d

i already played the gfwl version over 40hours. The Steam version is an instant download, and you get many free DLC if you own the old Version :)

I'm so happy us US PSN+ users got this as the free game of the month over Deus EX HR like they did Europe

thanks against SCEA!!!!

Card Boy

Banned
I'm already level 44 after 2.5hrs of play. Those Mega, Team and Solo exp boosters are amazing. I had all the DLC from the paid version from the Steam Summer sale.

I absolutely loved this game on XBLA, put many hours into it. So it's really disappointing that this runs like ass on my pc for no apparent reason. I have a pretty decent machine, but if I set the video options to anything above the very lowest settings the framerate drops to the point of being unplayable. It's really a shame because I'd love to get back into this game on steam, especially if the F2P model brings in a larger community.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm level 64 after 3.5 hours of playtime, i never have to worry about missing out on weapons or unlocks. This is one of the best free to play games around, it takes a shit on TF2. My only big negative against the game is matchmaking but it works well for what it is.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Eh. Other than the aesthetics in the vaguest sense that it's very stylized cartoony characters, I don't think it's at all like TF2. Again, the basic mechanics feel a lot like Call of Duty mixed with an added layer of Shadowrun style equipment and powers.
Those were my exact thoughts. It's a surprisingly solid shooter. And you get a ton of content with the base game.

Top Bottom