• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Issues thread

I got it for X-mas 'o7 and i'm late to the party.

Can someone clarify for me on how to quit the game properly on wii system? Especially on GC mode. Manual booklets don't say much at all.

Wii:

"Reset the software" what the hell is Nintendo thinking? Wrong choice of word to represent the game disc even though it is a software content. Do all wii games saying this or just wii sport games only?

Gamecube:

Now, my problem is on the GC on the Wii system. When i insert the GC disc and navigate the wii menu to play the GC game that i understand... easy enough.

but what i don't get is how do i stop the GC disc when i get done playing and how to eject the disc properly without destroying the wii system.

When i get done playing GC games on the wii system:

1. Press the reset button on Wii system
2. Let the GC game get to the title screen
3. Press eject button on Wii system while wii is still on
4. Press Power button on the wii system to power it down ( stand by mode)

Is this right... if not, then someone please correct me if i'm doing it wrong. Thanks!

hirokazu

Jade Knight 08 said:
I got it for X-mas 'o7 and i'm late to the party.

Can someone clarify for me on how to quit the game properly on wii system? Especially on GC mode. Manual booklets don't say much at all.

Wii:

"Reset the software" what the hell is Nintendo thinking? Wrong choice of word to represent the game disc even though it is a software content. Do all wii games saying this or just wii sport games only?

Gamecube:

Now, my problem is on the GC on the Wii system. When i insert the GC disc and navigate the wii menu to play the GC game that i understand... easy enough.

but what i don't get is how do i stop the GC disc when i get done playing and how to eject the disc properly without destroying the wii system.

When i get done playing GC games on the wii system:

1. Press the reset button on Wii system
2. Let the GC game get to the title screen
3. Press eject button on Wii system while wii is still on
4. Press Power button on the wii system to power it down ( stand by mode)

Is this right... if not, then someone please correct me if i'm doing it wrong. Thanks!

Um, with both Wii and GC games, you can just hold the power button until the power light turns red (or orange if you have WC24 on). With Wii games, you can also press Home, then choose Wii Menu to return to the menu before turning the system off, if you want.

Devo said:
My wiimotes tend to die temporarily. They'll just stop working altogether, and switching the batteries doesn't work, nor resyncing. Usually switching the power off->on on the console fixes the problem. Nothing major, just kinda weird.

I've had that too, but only with the wiimote that i got with wii play

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hirokazu said:
Um, with both Wii and GC games, you can just hold the power button until the power light turns red (or orange if you have WC24 on). With Wii games, you can also press Home, then choose Wii Menu to return to the menu before turning the system off, if you want.

Which you'll want to do if you want the system to track your time played... not that that information is at all useful, since Nintendo fucking stinks at operating system functionality.

Koomaster

My friend is having this problem with her Wiimote/VC games she wanted me to post about, hopefully someone can help her out...

For some reason, when I play Virtual Console games, the Wii reacts as if I'm constantly holding down the 1 button on the Wii remote, which makes these games pretty much unplayable.

At first I thought the problem was with the remote itself, but it's not. I've tested it with disc games (No More Heroes, Super Paper Mario, etc.) and with those it responds to the 1 button perfectly. But each and every VC game that uses the 1 button is having the same problem.

I've repeatedly tried disconnecting and reconnecting the remote to no avail. Anyone have any idea what might be going on or have any suggestions for me?

I don't think the problem is with the wiimote itself, since the disc games I tested it with respond perfectly when I press the 1 button, yet each VC game is reacting as if I'm constantly holding that button down. I've repeatedly resynced the remote. No luck.
Anyone have this problem or know what could be going on? Thanks for any help!

Banned
Koomaster said:
My friend is having this problem with her Wiimote/VC games she wanted me to post about, hopefully someone can help her out...

Anyone have this problem or know what could be going on? Thanks for any help!
Sounds like an emulation problem. A total reset might work, but i would call Nintendo.

Does she have the most current firmware?

extralite

Sorry to bump an old thread but I can't make a new one and this one is the one I found best fitting my problem.

My Wii doesn't auto pause on Wiimote disconnects (anymore).

When the battery dies or you take it out, since the connection will be lost you can't control your game anymore. With action games this can be a problem so the Wii software is supposed to trigger an automatic call of the home screen which also pauses most games.

But on my system that doesn't happen anymore. The software just keeps on going without being paused. I tried this with different games, all yielding the same results.

This is a serious bug but I haven't heard or read anything about it anywhere. Does anyone have similar problems or an idea why this could be happening? Maybe something causes the Wii to assume the connection is still there even though it's not (e.g. some other bluetooth device interfering with the connection)?

Rhod

I've never known it to bring up the home menu when disconnected, and I have run out of battery juice on many occasions over the past five years. Most recently 2 days ago trying to perfect Rhythm Tengoku.

extralite

Really? Come to think of it, the disconnect doesn't usually trigger the home menu but rather brings up an error message. And it occured to me most of the time not because the battery ran out but because I didn't input anything for like 10 minutes and it shuts down to save power.

But trust me, I've seen this kind of message many many times with different games.

Also to check I just waited in NSMBWIi for the auto shut down and it didn't give me a message on the map screen. I'm pretty sure it should though.

Top Bottom