• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed announced! (360/PS3/Vita/3DS/PC/WiiU)

mclem

For PC owners, the first game is on sale for 8 bucks at gamersgate.com. I was thinking about picking it up, but I'm not so sure with this coming out now.

How demanding is the PC version? Wondering if I can get decent gameplay out of it on my laptop. As a rough benchmark, said laptop can just about cope with The Witcher (1), but struggled in scenes with a lot of transparent SFX.

LAME PUN WARNING:
Dat Shadow on the water...D:
Nah, that's Beat :D

Shadow of the Beat?

Oh good lord, take my money now.

Seriously, I was ambivalent towards the rest of the years stuff but that looks AMAZING.

And Richard Jacques doing original remixes on top of that. If UK Resistance were still around, it probably would have spontaneously combusted by now.

Gameboy415

This is great news! :D

The first one was surprisingly good and I'm psyched to see all the new characters/stages in this one!

SykoTech

Vyse and Panzer Dragoon level. All of my money.

And glad to hear that the stupid rumor of the console version being exclusive to Wii U was false.

Jet Set Radio, VF5: FS, and now this. Go Sega.

Kokonoe

Banned
amy.jpg

Woohoo!

me and my friends have so much fun with this online especially if you have like 7 people so fuckin fun,.now they got different vehicles or transformed? so awesome giving some mario kart 7 and diddy kong racing vibes..good shit sega!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
First two new characters announced are both guys? That lopsided roster! But I love Vyse to death so this is okay. Being on every system is very okay to! Was afraid I'd miss out there for awhile. Now just don't you dare cut my Chu Chus, Sumo!

SykoTech

WTF @ the name though?

"Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed"?

You dumbasses! You were suppose to drop the "Sonic &" bit, not the "Sega" part!

/nerdrage!!!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So the vehicles do transform like MK7 rather than just have different types of races.

Kind of meh on that, but at least they're doing it a bit differently.

Please let me race with Lundi or Edge & Lagi hatchling and transform into other forms for the the water and flying bits.

Oh man, Panzer Dragoon stage with Shelcoof and "Flight" remix, and playable Vyse on top of that. And BD Joe is still in. I didn't buy the first one (I found the CPUs in the demo too difficult for my tastes), but I may have to invest in the second.

I'd like Sam from Vanquish in this. Bayonetta is inappropriate, but Sam is fine. The guy with the sodding transforming gun? PERFECT for this game. Kids would love him too, he's basically Iron Man.

Gravijah

WTF @ the name though?

"Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed"?

You dumbasses! You were suppose to drop the "Sonic &" bit, not the "Sega" part!

/nerdrage!!!

is it a typo or what? the article keeps saying sonic & all stars, but the videos are named sonic & sega all stars transformed.

I'd like Sam from Vanquish in this. Bayonetta is inappropriate, but Sam is fine. The guy with the sodding transforming gun? PERFECT for this game. Kids would love him too, he's basically Iron Man.

Bayonetta could be made a little more appropriate. Just chibi-fi her and make her cartoony.

Kokonoe

Banned
It should be obvious, but apparently it isn't. Sonic is the mascot of SEGA and their character that has the most popularity/publicity. Not putting Sonic in the title would certainly draw in less customers.

is it a typo or what? the article keeps saying sonic & all stars, but the videos are named sonic & sega all stars transformed.
It is a typo - the videos shouldn't have "Sega" in the title. The logo in said videos makes that apparent.

I have no idea why they dropped "Sega" from the title, no. Unless they're going for more characters from other companies? Hey, it's all about transforming, maybe they have Optimus Prime in there. :p

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It should be obvious, but apparently it isn't. Sonic is the mascot of SEGA and their character that has the most popularity/publicity. Not putting Sonic in the title would certainly draw in less customers.
Do those customers order their games from text-only lists so they would never see Sonic on the cover?

Or would the sites that stock the game not think of putting "Sonic" among the relevant search keywords?

Or the store clerk not consider suggesting it when some parent asks for a Sonic game for such and such system?

Silly title is silly with no excuse, but thankfully it's not a big deal.

Gravijah

It is a typo - the videos shouldn't have "Sega" in the title. The logo in said videos makes that apparent.

I have no idea why they dropped "Sega" from the title, no. Unless they're going for more characters from other companies? Hey, it's all about transforming, maybe they have Optimus Prime in there. :p

ah, i hadn't actually watched the videos yet, haha.

sonic & all stars sounds so weird.

SykoTech

Just now watched the footage (should be studying for Finals).

Footage looks awesome, and Richard Jacques doing remixes? Hot damn!

Might as well go on a media blackout from here, as this is already a Day 1 purchase.

It's real. In the video, the logo in the background just says "Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed".

Ugh, terrible. :/

Amazing if true, especially if Vectorman is in. They really listened to all the feedback after the last game.

Okay, no more GAF for me.

Top Bottom