• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

NeOak

So if I don't tweet, will this thread be my best bet to notify me of a new store opening up preorders?

Now in Stock is your best bet.

Someone will make a thread when preoders are up for another retailer, but that depends on you being on GAF at that time.

Tevious

JAP Super Famicon ver retailers that have yet to do preorders

Isn't JPN the preferred acronym for Japan? I know it's not intentional, but "Jap" is a racist slur.

I'm so pissed off. I got the Walmart email but had a girl over so I didn't check my phone until now.......fuck......me......

At least you had a girl over. Some other guy missed out taking a dump.

So if I don't tweet, will this thread be my best bet to notify me of a new store opening up preorders?

NowInStock is probably better since you'd have to be actively monitoring the forum when it happened to notice it. Honestly, just set up Twitter. I don't really use it other than to get notified from Wario64. He's a good balance of game deals, pricing errors, key gaming news, and just a small bit of entertainment news. It's the right balance of all that with a focus on the deals.

I just might give away one of my two SNES Classics during the first season of my upcoming podcast. It would be amazing way to kick start the podcast. What do you guys think?

Kadin

Now in Stock is your best bet.

Someone will make a thread when preoders are up for another retailer, but that depends on you being on GAF at that time.
Do you simply add each of the retailers you want to watch and set it up for email notifications? I figured that's the best option since I'm not always on the computer.

PatzCU

Followed the instructions on Now In Stock to forward their google group emails to text my phone.

Stupidly missed the Walmart pre-orders while I was literally sitting at the dining room table doing NOTHING. I will not miss the next one!

Edit: Thanks for the great OP! Didn't really care about the NES Classic but the SNES was my childhood and so this is really important to me.

Do you simply add each of the retailers you want to watch and set it up for email notifications? I figured that's the best option since I'm not always on the computer.

NowInStock covers all of the major retailers. I actually joined their SNES Classic notification Google Group weeks ago (which is essentially only used to notify you, it's not for any actual discussion). Got the alert from there tonight right when this all started. There's instructions there in the group's only topic:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nowinstocknet-snes-classic-edition

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I just might give away one of my two SNES Classics during the first season of my upcoming podcast. It would be amazing way to kick start the podcast. What do you guys think?

I did a giveaway for Resident Evil 7 for my podcast and it did nothing for us. A ton of Bots and fake followers. I don't recommend it.

What was the email everyone was freaking out about getting/not getting?

I got the order received, arrives on 10/5 email. I think I'm good?

Kadin

suaveric

Do we think that Walmart just fucked up with that? It seems weird to me that they are the only ones that put up preorders.

Even that is on a case by case basis. I have nowinstock text alerts and email alerts. I got the text alert 15(!!!) minutes after wario tweeted and an emailed alert 30 (!!!!!!) minutes after he tweeted. It's good to have them on, but I'm definitely on team Wario + Apple Watch. I've had him on for like a year, lol, and I almost never miss stuff (unless it's at like 4am).

I actually got the text like 10 minutes after it sold out. I got lucky I just happened to look at GAF right when the thread opened
Do you guys have both the normal NIS alert AND their Google Group email alert? Since there's so many subscribers for the normal alert, you really need to do the Google alert too. You can have it sent as a text anyway if you give them your email-to-text address.

qko

Was at a bar with a friend, we both rushed to our phones to get one...

I did, he didn't. A bittersweet ending indeed.

I don't know if it's ok to share or use this link since obviously the owner makes some money with it (ads and referrals) but I used it and in a week I managed to preorder 3
I'm not scalping you monsters! >> one for me, one for my wife's brother for next Christmas... he had NES Mini last year and another one for my brother

The name of the site is misleading but it's SNES stock tracked here.

Nes Mini dot fr

Varth

In Italy they just started taking preorders at consumer electronic chains like Expert and mediaworld, for those who don't want to give money to gamestop.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Pre-ordering a SNES mini in PAL territories is "pre-ordering a SNES mini Easy Mode"

We might have to bribe or kill someone to secure one here in North America....

Are they going to sell extra controllers? A little worried that they aren't since I don't see placeholder pages anywhere... Would be a shame, that's 80% of the fun right there. My hacked NES mini hungers!

Tevious

Are they going to sell extra controllers? A little worried that they aren't since I don't see placeholder pages anywhere... Would be a shame, that's 80% of the fun right there. My hacked NES mini hungers!

It comes with 2 controllers. If you really need another, I think you can use a Wii Classic Controller. If you want something more authentic, there are these official Super Famicom Classic Controllers for Wii that should work too, but they're not cheap. There are also some knockoff ones, but read the reviews before you buy one.

JayBabay

The listing on Walmarts website can be viewed again, if you guys want to add the alert this time and also feel more assured that this wasn't some sort of accident as some people from other sites tried to imply.

It comes with 2 controllers. If you really need another, I think you can use a Wii Classic Controller. If you want something more authentic, there are these official Super Famicom Classic Controllers for Wii that should work too, but they're not cheap. There are also some knockoff ones, but read the reviews before you buy one.

I just nabbed the last one of those off of Amazon. Thanks so much for the help, I had no idea Nintendo had made those for Club members!

Nif

Did anyone else's Wal Mart order get cancelled?

Super pissed.

Edit: paid with PayPal, and they said my payment couldn't be verified.

Top Bottom