• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

Toa TAK

Banned
Well damn. I'm hooked.

Haven't watched since I binged season 2. But I'm down for this. As long as there aren't any random and horribly misplaced musical numbers.

eh. started off pretty great but ended up just being a decent episode overall. I do love how fresh it feels though. now just to wait for Evan Peter's sexy self to show up.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Okay, maybe not an anthology?

Or the stories are multiple episodes?

all of the eps are numbered chapters. I figured that'd be the case.

Even though there's a clear theme this season I kinda feel like we haven't gotten a full picture yet. I hope there's something more to the documentary gimmick.

I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. Some of it was too cheesy (and the husband's documentary acting was not very good). But the abrupt ending was strange.

I thought it was going to be an anthology, but maybe not now.

Ep 2 trailer up anywhere yet?

I don't think they're putting it up until the episode premieres on the West Coast...

Anyway, I just read this season is only 10 episodes, so I definitely think they're sticking with this theme for the whole season. I think I'll really like it if they go meta and the reenactors somehow get dragged into this whole mess.

ahahahahahaahah

CsXSh48UsAAoWYW.jpg

j-wood

That was terrifying to me. Also, the best episode since season 1.

I think what makes this show great is when the background is JUST realistic enough. Like not once did I believe last season all that shit would go down in a huge hotel in the middle of a city.

Same thing with carnival. But this, it's just scary enough to make you wonder when you go to bed.

Okay, maybe not an anthology?

Or the stories are multiple episodes?

I'm leaning more towards a True Detective S1 style of story telling over the idea of an anthology.

Not really sure if it's a spoiler, but the idea would be after a few episodes of Interviews, the protagonists go onto getting answers themselves with information they ended up either A: Withholding from the Documentary crew or B: lied about to hide an another truth. I just find it very odd that we'd be introduced to 3 main characters AFTER all the shit went down. Takes away that element of suspense when you know they survive, seemingly in perfect health.

I personally don't see them going the mini series within a series route.

NimbusD

Honestly hate the talking head stuff. It feels lazy, ruins suspense (unless there's some stupid twist regarding them) and feels completely tonally off. Hard to get into it when you're constantly interrupted by them.

Just feels like they're trying to do something 'different' for the sake of it.

iExplicit

Setting things up for the long haul, while initially disappointing, I'm quite ok with it.

Especially with dat Cuba.

Tis the American Horror Story formula. But yeah, from all the tweets man I was so stoked expecting some epic shit. I hope this documentary thing isnt all season

I actually really liked this episode! I kind of hope each episode is completely different, since these mysteries were creepy and I think answering everything will only lead to disappointment.

It felt like multiple horror vignettes that was strung together into a single episode. I don't need answers to anything.

Yeah, that was interesting. They're definitely playing things much more low-key than they did in previous seasons: less camp, less extreme weirdness and throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

I'm amused by the documentary format, but I'm not entirely sold on an entire season of it. I guess it remains to be seen how things play out.

It's nice to see them explore some horror tropes they hadn't used yet.

-Cryptids
-Hillbilly horror
-Straw Dogs/The Blood Lands-style "home under siege from hostile locals"
-Found footage

...plus the Blair Witch-esque folk decorations/wards.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They had trick teasers ?

read the OP -__-

Great OP. Hope Hallies ghost makes an appearance this season.

<3

So the biggest reveal here seems to be that the Piggy Man from Season 1 is real! :0

This season has been confirmed by Ryan Murphy to link the mythologies of all the previous seasons (with the connectedness apparently growing even more over the course of seasons 7 and 8), so yeah. Looks like Piggy Man is real! :0

I don't think they're putting it up until the episode premieres on the West Coast...

The season is still on lock down - the cast and crew aren't even doing interviews until the season is over - so I don't think they're going to be doing any previews this season.

Anyway, I just read this season is only 10 episodes

Which is fantastic news because American Horror Story seasons are always 3-4 episodes too long. 10 sounds just right.

Not going to lie when she looked down at the phone I got jump scared waited all damn episode for it to happen and it got me damnit

same lol

Trying not to read any spoilers, how is one able to legally watch this online?

I just discovered FX is live streaming it on their site but it's half way through and I want to watch the entire thing start to end obviously. Will it be on Hulu or do I need one of those "sign in with your cable subscription info" streaming services to watch it?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I just discovered FX is live streaming it on their site but it's half way through and I want to watch the entire thing start to end obviously. Will it be on Hulu or do I need one of those "sign in with your cable subscription info" streaming services to watch it?

I don't think it's going to be on Hulu (they don't even have season 5), but you should be able to watch it on FX Now - you'll need a cable subscription to access it though.

I don't think it's going to be on Hulu (they don't even have season 5), but you should be able to watch it on FX Now - you'll need a cable subscription to access it though.

*sigh* blerghhhhh

Looks like it's either that or $25 a month to SlingTV so I can get a pack of shit I don't want plus FX. Why do companies continue to do thisssss.

Ah well this is neither the time nor place for that. Thanks for the info, maybe my parents' cable package includes FX and I can use their credentials to set it up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Watching the teasers again, it looks like several of them were incorporated into the premiere: #6 with the stairs going down into a spooky basement (minus the hands grabbing the feet), #10 with the wind chimes/Blair Witch decorations, and #12 with the woman being attacked in the water (minus the campy 50s setting and the Creature From the Black Lagoon ripoff). I figure we'll probably see future episodes incorporate the rest.

Ah well this is neither the time nor place for that. Thanks for the info, maybe my parents' cable package includes FX and I can use their credentials to set it up.

Here's hoping!

Persona7

Banned

should be available to purchase in the usual places soon?

xaosslug

went in w/ low expectations, prepared to shit on it, but that was a pretty good first episode... You have my attention Mr Murphy!

Top Bottom