• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty (Black Ops 2) World Reveal - May 1st

unomas

Banned
MW3 was awful, Blops was decent so I'll keep an eye pealed, but I'm getting Madden syndrome with COD, unless something drastic happens I probably won't be buying it again until next gen. Same thing with Halo 4, just not feeling the hype for it right now unless something changes in the series gameplay mechanic wise. Just getting stale after so many installments.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
MtZ9N.gif

NeoGAF needs a tag line under it, "The Most Negative Place on Earth!"

As a fan of CoD series I'm open-minded about this. Let's see what they'll show. No need to throw hate & bile on ATVI at this point.

It would be amazing if they showed a new engine for this game but somehow I doubt Treyarch has the tech "know-how" to pull that off, especially in a two-year dev cycle.
Unless they did a "AC III" thing (they worked on new engine for the last...4-5 years, etc.).

The pessimist (and probably realist) in me says it will be "the same" as BO,MW3, etc. with just a few modifications to multiplayer.

But I do wonder where will they take the SP campaign (the best in CoD so far, IMHO).

"MAAAAAAAAAASOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!!!!" hahahha

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Half life 2
HL2 Episode 1
HL2 Episode 2
Counter Strike Source
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
DOTA 2.

Ten Games using the same god damn engine!

Actually isn't source also based of the Quake 3 engine?

Clearly Quake 3 Engine = success.

Day of Defeat Source will have its revenge on you.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
ugh, seriously cant wait for this series to just end. tony hawk anyone?

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is gonna be awesome.
COD is gonna get all HD remakes next gen as well, so this series is far far from dead.

P.S How does a game you clearly hate affect you?....If you hate it so you probably dont play it so its level of shitness shouldnt matter to you.....right?

Black_Stride

In two years, 5 of the top 5 games played on Xbox live will be COD games.

Amirite?

Probably like 3 of the top 5

1. Call of Duty Black Ops 3
2. Halo 5 depending on 343i development speed.
3. Call of Duty: Bear Hunter
4. FIFA 14
5. Call of Duty Black Ops 2

raviolico

so, on the official teaser site there are those "classified" screens floating in the background...spotted in one of them this "picture". i enhanced it a bit. can someone make something out of it?

yes, i care. ;-)

I just finished the MW3 campaign yesterday actually. How dumb was that storyline, anyways? So dumb.

Spoilers:
The idea that the russian president would give up the nuclear launch codes for his daughter is so stupid that I thought SURELY someone in the game would comment on that. But they never did. Hoo boy.

Not to mention the fact that The US, UK and France all have nukes, which would obliterate Russia if that happened. Fuck it, the whole US invasion makes no sense at all.

Black_Stride

Halo 4 vs Black Ops 2 marketing war will be insane and glorious!

Dont they always compete, and Halos marketing (marketing) seems to always be better, even though COD always wins in the sales.

Ive always liked Halos trailers and overall marketing schemes, CODs best trailers are almost always just MP gameplay trailers.

hamchan

Would be incredibly amazing if they really do put giant mechs in the game.

Dont they always compete, and Halos marketing (marketing) seems to always be better, even though COD always wins in the sales.

Ive always liked Halos trailers and overall marketing schemes, CODs best trailers are almost always just MP gameplay trailers.

BLOPS marketing was really good.

wwm0nkey

They havent really competed like this before. Halo has always had its September slot but now its November 6th for Halo 4 and November 13th for Black Ops 2.

They will be going head to head this year.

Xater

Man this franchise has become so predictable. At this point you can even predict when the first reveal trailer will be shown. I bet some time later we get online the full trailer, E3 we will see a level at the MS press conference, around august there will be a big event for the Multiplayer with information for that including a new MP trailer.

hamchan

Was it?
Anywhere near the level of Halo:Reach?

Deliver Hope is still one of my favorite trailers of all time.

They were pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pblj3JHF-Jo&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTOVQFRggI&feature=relmfu

Good music, good editing, memorable. They weren't going for the emotional trailers like Halo:Reach did but then CoD is pretty much all about the explosions and action scenes.

I can't even remember any MW3 marketing.

Still

Seriously mechs in a CoD game? Hell no.

With that Snake avatar I would have thought Cold War era + Mechs would have been appealing, unless you were one of those guys that hated MGS3.

Atruvius

I wonder if the PS3 version will be as messed up as Blops' was. Probably yes.

Won't be buying if it doesn't do anything new.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
With that Snake avatar I would have thought Cold War era + Mechs would have been appealing, unless you were one of those guys that hated MGS3.

It would be appealing if it was a Metal Gear game but i really believe Mechs in a Call of Duty game is a terrible idea.

and no, i freaking love MGS3.

hamchan

It would be appealing if it was a Metal Gear game but i really believe Mechs in a Call of Duty game is a terrible idea.

and no, i freaking love MGS3.

Well, you don't really explain why it's so terrible. I can see it fitting with the whole fantastical, conspiracy vibe that BLOPS has and it could even make a return if they want to make a Future Warfare game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Day of Defeat Source will have its revenge on you.

I also noticed that he included Dota 2 but excluded CS:GO. :p

Edit:
Actually isn't source also based of the Quake 3 engine?

Source was born from GoldSrc, which itself is a heavily-modified Quake (the original) engine. Carmack said back in 2004 that Source still contains Quake code, and I suspect it still does to this day due to its reliance upon the ancient BSP map format (which Valve will be doing away with in the future in favour of a format that is conducive to data streaming).

Edit 2: Beaten on this point.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well, you don't really explain why it's so terrible. I can see it fitting with the whole fantastical, conspiracy vibe that BLOPS has and it could even make a return if they want to make a Future Warfare game.

Well yeah, i don't wanna get my hand burned maybe it's better than i can think of now. We will see if there are mechs in the game.

You don't think there will be one? And when the 360 and ps3 get it, don't you think the Wii U will too?

As far as i know CoD4 was the last game that got a GOTY edition

call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-game-of-the-year-dansk-udgave_64012.jpg

Top Bottom