• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreIII

So this is what we doing, huh? Let an unhinged civilian with combat expertise "interrogate" one of your crucial witnesses?

Only at the GCPD!

ROFL Alfred!
Doing this Attack on Titan Hange style ;)

Strange had the right face after all seeing this!

Edit: Goodnight!! LOL
Really shouldn't let him go free tho!

Ponn

Banned
I was really enjoying this up to the last some episodes. They were going in a good direction especially with Bruce but they fell back into some really dumb and bad plot lines. Bruce should have stayed overseas for a least a whole season, Court of Owls should have been a much longer and slowly revealed plot thread over multiple seasons.

TreIII

Damn.

>Lee infected
>Jim infected
>Bruce brainwashed
>whole lot of people gonna be infected
>Fish nabbed Penguin

Whole lot of shit happened here. Let's see how they wrap it up!

Boke1879

GOD DAMMIT. I really need to get back into this show.

I stopped watching at one of the season breaks and just kinda fell off. Loved what I saw though. Caught the ending of this episode because my mom was watching it. A 2 hour finale next week? Damn.

Ya know. This show really has come into its own. The first season was kinda shaky but since then this show has embraced what it is and people love them for it.

Zaverious

Lee

giphy.gif

TreIII

Somehow Fish knew Penguin was hiding at Ivy's place, a girl she didn't even know existed.

Probably got tipped off by Selena. She worked with Fish off and on, too, so it would make sense if she was playing the field between Fish, Penguin and Babs' groups.

Bluth54

So much of what happens on this show is because of sheer incompetence.

Pretty much everyone on this show is either very stupid or turns evil. The writing on this show keeps getting worse and worse and unlike the CW comic based shows Ghotham just isnt that fun to watch. I'm probably going to dump Gotham after this season ends.

Pretty much everyone on this show is either very stupid or turns evil. The writing on this show keeps getting worse and worse and unlike the CW comic based shows Ghotham just isnt that fun to watch. I'm probably going to dump Gotham after this season ends.

This doesn't really feel like a workable line of criticism in light of this season's Flash or Supergirl.

tolkir

tumblr_nutmcaA1981ugdiv8o1_500.gif

Hex

Banned
oh

oh no

god no

Sod off with your oh no.
People said the same thing about Jerome and he was fantastic.
Get over your preconceptions and either be along for the ride or don't

I would say don't let the door hit you on the way out, but that would not be very sincere of me.
I'd rather it did.
Alot.
Then fell.

Hex

Banned
Hugo Strange will tell them of an island...

Some call it purgatory...

ROFL.
I Strongly hope that those two streams do not cross for at least a very long time.
"Alfred, what is all of this shit with gap models walking around in impossible situations with everyone being rich like some Aaron Spelling tv show and why does Radioactive keep playing and who the hell is that outside the window?"

iosefe

Sod off with your oh no.
People said the same thing about Jerome and he was fantastic.
Get over your preconceptions and either be along for the ride or don't

Clarification: article has a picture of Barbara with red a blue lighting. thats what i was oh no-ing. I doubt they'd do that route, but it's the lesser route

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Sometimes the show wins me back, like the episodes where Jerome did his Gotham: Purge. But they hand wave so many things it's ridiculous, even for a comic show. It's painfully obvious they're writing themselves into corners and not knowing what to do with some of the cast while other stories are going on. Like Poison Ivy just randomly bringing Penguin back. Or doing the same thing for Selina. It's not quite as bad for the latter since they established she could do it...but what's the point of even having the whole death scene for Selina? It doesn't move her character to a new place. She was better and fighting Fake Bruce an episode later.

I zoned out during Episode 19 because people were just constantly being knocked unconscious, going on monologues before killing someone, or magically escaping. A lazy writing trifecta.

tldr: I'm in a abusive relationship with Gotham. lmao

Loke13

Clarification: article has a picture of Barbara with red a blue lighting. thats what i was oh no-ing. I doubt they'd do that route, but it's the lesser route
I mean. Would that really come as a shock? My opinion they basically been building up as Harley Quinn

Oddduck

Like Poison Ivy just randomly bringing Penguin back. Or doing the same thing for Selina. It's not quite as bad for the latter since they established she could do it...but what's the point of even having the whole death scene for Selina? It doesn't move her character to a new place. She was better and fighting Fake Bruce an episode later.

I hate how death has no real emotional weight on this show.

Since the writers can bring anyone back to life.

Hex

Banned

CBR and Bleeding Cool were both trying to drive that into a wall because Barbara was wearing red leather monday, and last week has some red and white fur

Tamanon

Banned
I mean, they really brought all the shit down this episode. Season finale should be amazing. I'm sure Lucius came up with a cure of course.

Bluth54

Sometimes the show wins me back, like the episodes where Jerome did his Gotham: Purge. But they hand wave so many things it's ridiculous, even for a comic show. It's painfully obvious they're writing themselves into corners and not knowing what to do with some of the cast while other stories are going on. Like Poison Ivy just randomly bringing Penguin back. Or doing the same thing for Selina. It's not quite as bad for the latter since they established she could do it...but what's the point of even having the whole death scene for Selina? It doesn't move her character to a new place. She was better and fighting Fake Bruce an episode later.

I zoned out during Episode 19 because people were just constantly being knocked unconscious, going on monologues before killing someone, or magically escaping. A lazy writing trifecta.

tldr: I'm in a abusive relationship with Gotham. lmao

You put it way more eloquently than I did.
I agree with everything you have to say (and I agree about the Jerome Purge episode being the best episode in a long time).
I think a shorter 13 episode season would be really helpful for this show and make it way better.

One little thing that really annoyed me in the last episode was that Bullock said that Lucius Fox couldn't trace the radio signal from Jim but radio direction finding is a real thing and the type of thing that Lucius Fox would not only know about but would easily be able to do to find Jim. I also find it funny that there's suddenly a large park less than 1 mile from GCPD headquarters.

Kifimbo

Probably got tipped off by Selena. She worked with Fish off and on, too, so it would make sense if she was playing the field between Fish, Penguin and Babs' groups.

Yeah, I guess Selina is the only one who knew about Penguin at Ivy's place. Not sure this is a more convincing explanation. So Fish somehow found Selina after she was abducted by Tabitha, Riddler and Barbara ?

Sir Doom

I about to dipped out of the series.
Some of the characters have gone too long that they are running out of story to tell or just leads to non-sensical plot

Stuff like this reminds me of True Blood and Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom