• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us PS4 remaster - direct screengrabs *spoilers*

Blue Volt

Banned
PS3
lastofus.png

PS4

Aurongel

And now people will learn a good hard lesson on how an upscaled port does not mean its a fully redone graphical remake. I don't know why some of you expected anything more. TLOU shines in its animation quality so if this doesn't do it for you then just wait a day for 60fps footage to leak.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dem shadows. but i'm sure the absolutely perfect shadows in UC4 teaser are real-time, amirite
That looks pretty good still. Character shadow here looks perfect on the other hand:

xdsnaqljkt2.jpg

Looks like a 1080p port of TLOU.

I dont think anyone with any sense actually expected them to go back and make new textures / models.
They have 4x bigger textures here. They probably didn't have to make new ones, just to use the ones they had originally but couldn't use in full res, of course.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Totes.

No, this is a bullshot:

This is a real game:

Let's not get carried away, one is a JPEG from the share function on PS4. One is likely a direct capture.

You seem in a hurry to prove some previously argued point or something.

Buying this game like the reason I buy a movie I love on Blu Ray. Yeah, at full price.

That's all there is to it really. If that isn't your thing it's fine. I can't wait though.

EDIT: Also let's remind everyone that the level after the prologue looks really shit compared to the rest of the game. I was so underwhelmed when I was there on my first playthrough.

Then it gets better.

Very clean and a noticeable upgrade in texture quality. I'm pleased.
Can't wait to see it in motion with my own eyes and feel those 60fps.

I would like the people saying this looks bad to point me in the right direction and show me what games they're playing. I feel like I'm missing out, now.

No, this is a bullshot:

This is a real game:

Wait, you have a copy? Please show us an actual in-game capture from that gameplay segment. Thanks.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
It looks ok. Can't wait to play it though, mainly for the photo mode. :p

Kinyou

Let's not get carried away, one is a JPEG from the share function on PS4. One is likely a direct capture.

Does compression add jaggies? Shouldn't compression actually help in obscuring them?

jett

D-Member
This one looks like a bullshot. Really great IQ.

Honestly the IQ is about what I expected, maybe it could be better since it's a PS3 port. Infamous has better IQ. Just pointing out the usual PR bullshots deception that continually goes on and poking fun at the people that get fooled by them time and time again.

Lookit, it happened again just now!

A PNG won't help the jaggies on the furniture. If anything it would make them clearer.

Majanew

Banned
Looks ok. Proving that those 3 screens the other day were bullshit. And why they had a photoshop sharpening added to them, because this still looks blurry, even at 1080p.

Oh well, I'm buying and playing because I missed it on PS3 and I want to experience the game. ND looks to have had problems getting this game to 1080p/60fps that didn't leave room for anything else.

It's not gonna seem like that much of an improvement until we're actually playing it on our TV's at 1080p, 60fps, with the dual shock 4.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Different perspectives. Probably should have mentioned that.
Yeah, but the area rug is not there in PS3 version, not matter what. So they've added objects here and there to make the scenes richer I guess. Was sort of visible from the very first short trailer of them overlooking the grassy field.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
A PNG won't help the jaggies on the furniture. If anything it would make them clearer.

Doesn't make it a valid comparison. I was speaking more to the fact that it is the PS4 share function, which we all know shits on IQ, even when using a thumb drive.

And there are quite a few jaggy free or nearly jaggy free shits even amongst these. That would lead me to believe, that much like in every other game ever made, TLoU remastered's AA solution works better in some situations more than others.

ascii42

Yeah, but the area rug is not there in PS3 version, not matter what. So they've added objects here and there to make the scenes richer I guess. Was sort of visible from the very first short trailer of them overlooking the grassy field.

The area rug is directly to the right of Sarah in the PS3 version.

R3TRODYCE

Looks like a PS3 game in 1080p but I wasn't buying it just for the graphics upgrade so I'm not mad. I'm ready to hop into the MP again.

Top Bottom