• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every question David Hayter as Snake all in one video...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Super Baby Method?!

Buntabox

That ending =(. Somehow, it's kind of a fitting scene for Hayter's departure.

He'll be missed dearly. I still look forward to the next game but it's definitely an end of an era.

So wait...in the GDC trailer, it showed Big Boss and a bandaged man. After watching the video again, it seems like the bandaged man is also Kiefer. Could the bandaged man be Solid Snake as well? Even at 12, he ages rapidly so he could look like a young adult.

So wait...in the GDC trailer, it showed Big Boss and a bandaged man. After watching the video again, it seems like the bandaged man is also Kiefer. Could the bandaged man be Solid Snake as well? Even at 12, he ages rapidly so he could look like a young adult.

Speculation is that he's inside BB's head - same voice, uses 'we' a lot, and the 'been watching you...'.

Tookay

ekPRbnS.jpg

Farewell Hayter.

Yeah Hayter was campy, but it's fucking Metal Gear, not Malick. His character has a dialogue with a guy who uses bees as a weapon and his best friend is a bitchmade anime nerd. Hayter fit and I'll miss him (assuming this is no swerve)

C4Lukins

I love Hayter and I see no good reason to replace him. Sutherland is also awesome, but celebrity names mean very little in video games for the most part. I hope they'll pull a fast one us, and Hayter gets a major role in the game. And good for Hayter, he has made a nice career for himself outside of voice acting, but he seems to want to do it. So why even search?

GavinGT

Banned
Good riddance? Such an odd thing to say. Hayter's voice has been part and parcel with Snake for the past 15 years and there's scarcely a solid reason to change, at this point.

It's grown stale, and it was never particularly great to begin with.

Shoyz

The least they can do is have Hayter do Ground Zeroes before his voice changes after the coma. They've only confirmed Sutherland for Phantom Pain, after all.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
That MGS3 footage was super clean IQ wise, was it from ePCSX? Seemed much, much better than MGS4 and even if the latter is just 1024x768 instead of proper 720p like the HD collection, the jump in quality seemed even greater. I'm asking cause as far as I know MGS3 is still a bitch to emulate, cutscenes are kinda broken etc...
man why the fuck the collection wasn't in 1080p? Just to sell 'em again next gen I tell you.

Vegivo

Hayter will be missed. I'm fine with kiefer replacing him as big boss. But if Solid Snake ever comes back we better see him!

ugly

Hayter was an icon of gaming for a very long time, even if people didn't know he was behind the voice. Until around 2007ish he was up there with Mario's "WAHOOs" in terms of instant recognition I'd say. His kind of hammy acting was the perfect fit for Kojima's ridiculously serious plots!! We'll miss you Hayter

Man though, I think I'm going to find it hard to actually suspend my disbelief in that MGS5 Snake is still the same character! Especially with the different play mechanics it's going to feel like an entirely new game

rvy

Banned
I keep telling people that both Big Boss and Snake are hardly bright, this video backs me up.

GavinGT

Banned
So play a different god damn series. Don't ruin an existing one by ripping out iconic and established characters.

He's played the role in six MGS games. I'm tired of hearing his fucking voice. So I shouldn't play MGS any more because of that?

Valnen

He's played the role in six MGS games. I'm tired of hearing his fucking voice. So I shouldn't play MGS any more because of that?

Yes. If you don't like the iconic characters of the series anymore you should probably stop playing it. Don't cheer when the series is ruined for people who still do like it.

GavinGT

Banned
Yes. If you don't like the iconic characters of the series anymore you should probably stop playing it. Don't cheer when the series is ruined for people who still do like it.

I'm glad Kojima agrees that things were getting stale. And I never said I didn't still like it. I bought a fucking PS3 to play MGS4.

Damn those Japanese conversation conventions.

Is this what causes it? The dialogue in these games is such a goddamn trudge that I could believe it was down to the translators being completely screwed. Yet I can't recall Japanese films with english dubs having this amount of unnecessary dialogue.

Top Bottom