• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New not-yet-named anime titles possibly incoming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk is my favourite anime series of all time.

Has this been confirmed to be real or fake yet?

If it is real I would be interested to know how they would fit Puck in. I wouldn't even mind if they went the route of FMA: brotherhood and re-released the original series to follow the manga more closely (even though the anime is quite faithful in most respects anyway).

Griffith

Banned
lucablight said:
Berserk is my favourite anime series of all time.

Has this been confirmed to be real or fake yet?

If it is real I would be interested to know how they would fit Puck in. I wouldn't even mind if they went the route of FMA: brotherhood and re-released the original series to follow the manga more closely (even though the anime is quite faithful in most respects anyway).
More than likely fake.

Read here - http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10632.msg179160#msg179160

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm..I wouldn't be surprised if this denial from the producers was just fake.

We all remember Nintendo denying a DS lite and then it just appears.

While I would LOVE a 2nd Berserk, I'm not holding out any hope. The worst thing would be to do a reboot as well. I prefer the original just fine, and I'd just prefer them continue to awesome story.

The manga is so good, I find I don't care if it ever gets animated. The art is fantastic, and Miura can convey so much in just a singular panel, it's pretty much the one work that I would call a testament to the medium. It's the creator's Magnum Opus, and he created it with this medium in mind, so I can't really see an animated adaptation being the better experience... I say this partly because it's a rather reflective and psychological work, the graphic novel format can allow more to soak in. This is largely due to the painstaking artwork, in addition to his thoughtful and inspired storytelling. This is the same reason I don't mind waiting for the (relatively) slow trickle of releases.

edit:
Spruchy said:
It really wouldn't need to be a reboot.....the only main thing that they would have to sneak in somehow is Puck.

But then how did Guts and Casca escape the eclipse?

I read Berserk over the summer. Saw there was an old anime for it. Then I found out there was a new anime! But then I found out maybe there wasn't a new anime. Way to tug on my heart strings.

And then I found Forces. And then people started telling me 'Aw ya, in the fall'. I don't know what to think anymore.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This thread is about new Berserk anime rumors that have been going on and declined for a few years.

I have no idea what the latest ones are..

DeathNote said:
because it's 2 years old and inaccurate information

Lets note that it's a 1 year old rumor.

And even then its not really a rumor, they are making something berserk. The producer said as much (or whoever it was).

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Very upset to see this thread bumped for what appears to be no reason, no info, news or really anything.

477_son_i_am_disappoint.gif

Here is the thing about Berserk:

Berserk is incredible violent. It will raise points for cool people who are still to embarrased to watch anime.

Secondly it has it's flair of westernization over it. The gods know that medieval stories are weakly represented in this day and age across all mediums, so more the better.

Berserk should be a weekly thing like Naruto and Bleach. The problem is that it would probably also have the weekfalls that they have with sometimes, very slow storytelling, inconsisting animation and fillers that would just suck...

but goddamit, its begging for it. Guts is a... he is such a fantastic character, because when you describe pissed off man with a sword the size of himself, you don't expect a three dimensional layered character. You don't think someone who is smart and likeable, in a way that make sense.

Imagine, a long running series, in high quality by a team who really knew their shit. Someone like the guy who did Sword of the Stranger or the Paprika director!

I think they should redo everything. Start from the beginning, and eventually when they get to the point, re-animate the original 26 episodes.

The problem is that with the level of gore, orgies and rape this show deserves and needs to have, it's just not something you put on Cartoon Network.

Ain't the solution to release it free on the web.. go the south park route. Release it on the day on release everywhere, but with Ads every 10 minute. nice streaming HD...

On the internet, you could really catch all the people who can not be subjects adult swim or something like that, but get it in japanese... Could easily be over millions of people, watching 3 ads in a 20-30 minute episode, and that has to be able to create some serious income.

Most TV channels are too censored for what Berserk really needs to be. it has to be filfthy, vile and horrible.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Vigilant Walrus said:
Could easily be over millions of people, watching 3 ads in a 20-30 minute episode, and that has to be able to create some serious income.

I love Berserk as much as anyone but... :lol

Go play the PS2 if you want to see Berserk in motion past the anime.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Vigilant Walrus said:
Here is the thing about Berserk:

Berserk is incredible violent. It will raise points for cool people who are still to embarrased to watch anime.

Secondly it has it's flair of westernization over it. The gods know that medieval stories are weakly represented in this day and age across all mediums, so more the better.

Berserk should be a weekly thing like Naruto and Bleach. The problem is that it would probably also have the weekfalls that they have with sometimes, very slow storytelling, inconsisting animation and fillers that would just suck...

but goddamit, its begging for it. Guts is a... he is such a fantastic character, because when you describe pissed off man with a sword the size of himself, you don't expect a three dimensional layered character. You don't think someone who is smart and likeable, in a way that make sense.

Imagine, a long running series, in high quality by a team who really knew their shit. Someone like the guy who did Sword of the Stranger or the Paprika director!

I think they should redo everything. Start from the beginning, and eventually when they get to the point, re-animate the original 26 episodes.

The problem is that with the level of gore, orgies and rape this show deserves and needs to have, it's just not something you put on Cartoon Network.

Ain't the solution to release it free on the web.. go the south park route. Release it on the day on release everywhere, but with Ads every 10 minute. nice streaming HD...

On the internet, you could really catch all the people who can not be subjects adult swim or something like that, but get it in japanese... Could easily be over millions of people, watching 3 ads in a 20-30 minute episode, and that has to be able to create some serious income.

Most TV channels are too censored for what Berserk really needs to be. it has to be filfthy, vile and horrible.
A small percentage of anime goes to Western TV. Why would Western TV break Japanese creation? (That's the implication I'm getting.) Would a western company be making it or something? I understand your point if Japanese TV is too censored as well, but you placing emphasis on western TV is throwing me off.

LaneDS

Dani said:
I love Berserk as much as anyone but... :lol

Go play the PS2 if you want to see Berserk in motion past the anime.

Still so bitter that never got localized. Damn you Sega Sammy!

And yes, I one day hope we get a high quality Berserk animation. Might be #1 on my wishlist of entertainment I want to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom