• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Cat Party

My rewards from Mastiff were...

Crusader III

Eagle III

lol. I do have a Valiant I at least, but still no Hurricane :(

I also got the Quarian Male Engy, which is the most pointless character to me. It has no turret or other thing to deploy. You lose cloak from the infiltrator for incinerate. Seems useless.

I finally got to play around with the Cerberus Adept. Smash is an incredible power. I only played on bronze but damn the thing killed most enemies in one shot. How do you set up detonations though?

rozay

Banned
My rewards from Mastiff were...

Crusader III

Eagle III

lol. I do have a Valiant I at least, but still no Hurricane :(

I also got the Quarian Male Engy, which is the most pointless character to me. It has no turret or other thing to deploy. You lose cloak from the infiltrator for incinerate. Seems useless.

I finally got to play around with the Cerberus Adept. Smash is an incredible power. I only played on bronze but damn the thing killed most enemies in one shot. How do you set up detonations though?
its useless until you realize arc grenades with rank 5 electrical damage and incinerate create instant easy tech bursts and you have 10 seconds per enemy to do so

For the Phoenix, I haven't tried the adept out because I like charge more than singularity, so for them lash will create a small window of opportunity for a detonation and smash sets up enemies for detonation when hit. I'm guessing for the adept you would use singularity->smash, if singularity->lash works maybe that too. Not sure what you're supposed to do against armored units though, at least the vanguard can smash->charge for a biotic explosion.

exYle

If you level up your powers appropriately, these are the combos you can pull off:
Lash + Smash
Smash + Lash
Singularity + Lash
Singularity + Smash

However, you can't pull off any biotic detonations on armored targets so for Smash rank 6, make absolute sure you take the Armor Damage upgrade.

Mindlog

I've started cutting back on Infiltrator use just because it feels so overpowered. I wound up on Dagger/Cerberus/Gold with my Phoenix Adept. I'm really having a lot of fun with that class, but a smaller map like Glacier works better with it. That said I managed to finish with top score (~85k, basically tied with a Salarian Infiltrator/Valiant.) I used all my medigels and ops packs to get there and we didn't extract.

The team was cool so I switch to Krysae/QMI. We didn't extract again because I got gang-banged by Phantoms while trying to revive the team, but I only use 1 medigel all map and we win 8 minutes faster. I come out on top with ~100k more points than the same Salarian Infiltrator.

Glacier is really hit or miss. Sometimes the team knows how to attack spawns and I like that. Sometimes two or three people will camp the basement. I really hate that. The basement is the best place to attack the first spawn.

Still, I enjoy getting others to Cobra spawns on the map. I'll always get a Cobra/Killstreak on a spawn and then others will start doing it more often.

Bazza

Phoenix Adept has probably become my favourite class over the last week or so, the class is a little squishy but massively destructive.

Melchiah

I'm wondering which would be a better option for the last six points on Vorcha Sentinel's Flamer, armor or shield/barrier? I'd think the latter, as it already does damage to armor, but I'm not sure.

massoluk

Banned
Weeeeee finally got my Black Widow. Hand it over to my Asari adept. Now, I laugh at Phantom. "Come at me, bitches".

I'm really digging Phoenix Adept right now. Smashing multiply pyro behind the wall corner is so satisfyingly cheap.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Weeeeee finally got my Black Widow. Hand it over to my Asari adept. Now, I laugh at Phantom. "Come at me, bitches".

I'm really digging Phoenix Adept right now. Smashing multiply pyro behind the wall corner is so satisfyingly cheap.

Now why would you put the heaviest sniper rifle in the game to a class so dependant on biotic spells?

Bisnic

Stasis Bubble + Black Widow = pile of headless Cerberus.

Yes, but you can't spam Stasis Bubble as well as an Asari Adept with a Carnifex, which is pretty powerful and good for headshots too. And Statis Bubble wont work on the big armored guys. :p

massoluk

Banned
Yes, but you can't spam Stasis Bubble as well as an Asari Adept with a Carnifex, which is pretty powerful and good for headshots too. And Statis Bubble wont work on the big armored guys. :p

Oh, hush, I'll headshot someone with sniper rifle, the way god intended.

rozay

Banned
Stasis Bubble + Black Widow = pile of headless Cerberus.
If you have the asari vanguard, sniper rifles fit a lot better on them because you have lift grenades to compensate for the huge weight of the black widow and the long-even-with-200%-bonus cooldown time for stasis (and with the low ammo on the black widow I, you're going to be visiting ammo boxes/using ammo consumables anyway). If you just hit someone with a stasis and more enemies show up, all you can really do as an AA is run or hope your heavy melee staggers them. Charge also serves as a get out of jail free card.

I'm assuming you're not doing a whole lot of warping, so you have 2 wasted powers with the AA.

Cat Party

If you have the asari vanguard, sniper rifles fit a lot better on them because you have lift grenades to compensate for the huge weight of the black widow and the long-even-with-200%-bonus cooldown time for stasis (and with the low ammo on the black widow, you're going to be visiting ammo boxes/using ammo consumables anyway). If you just hit someone with a stasis and more enemies show up, all you can really do as an AA is run or hope your heavy melee staggers them. Charge also serves as a get out of jail free card.

I'm assuming you're not doing a whole lot of warping, so you have 2 wasted powers with the AA.

Listen to this man. With an AA (or human sentinel spec'd for combos), using your gun should always be your last choice. With the AV, the BW is a great choice.

rozay

Banned
According to that spreadsheet, the Cerberus Harrier hits harder than the mattock; I always felt it was the other way around. Should be very, very good at high levels!

massoluk

Banned
If you have the asari vanguard, sniper rifles fit a lot better on them because you have lift grenades to compensate for the huge weight of the black widow and the long-even-with-200%-bonus cooldown time for stasis (and with the low ammo on the black widow I, you're going to be visiting ammo boxes/using ammo consumables anyway). If you just hit someone with a stasis and more enemies show up, all you can really do as an AA is run or hope your heavy melee staggers them. Charge also serves as a get out of jail free card.

You're right, but I have my Asari Vanguard for another build already. It's doing fine so far with extra ammo mod.

Rad Agast

And another stasis sniper is born. Use an Asari Vanguard at least.

Goddammit, I'm sick of these random unlocks. Fuck this shit. I'm just gonna start stocking up on equipment instead.

Three times I buy a PSP hoping to get one of the Cerberus classes, three times I instead get an upgrade to my vorcha soldier. :lol His tattoos look like shit.

Mindlog

Yeah, I bought 5 packs to test the waters. No gear and one Saber upgrade. I'm up to Saber VI. My most rarely used ultra-rare is the Javelin (VII.) My most used ultra-rare is the Scorpion I.

Just used my Scorpion Gethfiltrator to clear Glacier/Cerberus/Gold with a random group in 17 minutes and that was lengthened by 3 hack objectives.

Good random Glacier teams are fun and doing a lot for my credit pile. I should have enough to get any new DLC weapons to X before they are 'nerfed' again. Reager and Krysae are still extremely powerful. They would have worked much better as ultra-rares.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
WTF I'm playing with someone with a rapid fire Claymore.

It's firing off 30 shots like a machine gun, dropping geth primes on gold in three seconds.

Replicant

Goddammit, I'm sick of these random unlocks. Fuck this shit. I'm just gonna start stocking up on equipment instead.

Three times I buy a PSP hoping to get one of the Cerberus classes, three times I instead get an upgrade to my vorcha soldier. :lol His tattoos look like shit.

I'm losing motivation to play the game because of the shitty unlocks. I haven't been playing for over a week now. I wish there's a way to just either buy characters or guns that you want.

KKRT00

Guys how are packs working? I know that one item must be at least described quality, but does it affect other 4? Like for example Veteran pack has 2% rare drop rate for every item and Spectre 4%? Or it doesnt work that way?

Rad Agast

Guys how are packs working? I know that one item must be at least described quality, but does it affect other 4? Like for example Veteran pack has 2% rare drop rate for every item and Spectre 4%? Or it doesnt work that way?

Spectre packs guarantee a rare card. Premium Spectre packs guarantee 2 rare cards. I think you're talking about the chances of Ultra Rare cards.

KKRT00

Spectre packs guarantee a rare card. Premium Spectre packs guarantee 2 rare cards. I think you're talking about the chances of Ultra Rare cards.

No, i'm talking about not guarantee chances. For example You have 1 rare guarantee on Spectre pack and 1 uncommon in veteran pack, but what are rarity drop chances for other 4 items? The same in both packs or higher in Spectre one?

I mean, what is more cost effective, buying 10 Veteran packs or 3 Spectre.

Rad Agast

Depends on what you're looking for. I got all my permanent gear and ultra rares from premium packs. I think I only got two or three rares in a veteran pack since I started playing (April).

Not sure what the chances are of a rare or better showing up in the other spots in the pack. I always thought that each slot had a specific type of cards associated to it (i.e. PSP: consumable, consumable, consumable, random rare or better, random rare or better) or some thing like that.

I do know that Bioware changed the way consumables are given to you now (if you have 255 of something then it will not show up and be replaced by something else).

Mindlog

Good random Glacier teams are fun and doing a lot for my credit pile.
Including yesterday my past 3 Cerberus/Glacier/Gold games.
Game 1 - I join a game in progress (wave 1) with 1 person trying to solo a game: Just the two of us get full extraction in 27 minutes!
Game 2 - I drop and join a different lobby. 3 people in the lobby when an N7 1 joins. I'm tired of waiting so I refuse to be the third kick vote. Full extraction in 22 minutes.
Game 3 - Same team and they don't vote to kick. I guess they liked the result. Full extraction 20 minutes.

Today I join a Silver lobby to test something out. We're all high-level and the host bumps it up to Gold. He also changes the map to... White. I should have recognized the warning sign. I solo the end of every wave and just as I am about to finish wave 5 the host drops. No one else stayed. I'm never playing that map with a PUG again.

My gear has come from roughly a 70/30 split between Veteran/PS Packs.

Anyone running gold today on xbox? Id love to hop in and test how effective i am with a competent team. Plus i could use really use the credits

It does a good amount of damage and works well with a scope, but it shoots just a little too slowly, because you have to wait for the gun to settle or you'll miss your shot.

I played with an Infiltrator build just to see - it's not bad. Not amazing, but there still is no sweet spot for this gun to confide in. Just underpowered for Infiltrator, overweight for power-using builds. The only other classes are Turian and Geth with their RoF boosts, but even then, there are other, better options.

Kind of sad because the weapon has the coolest firing sound in the game IMO.

Finally got a raeger carbine and a valiant sniper along with a male quarian (the one with grenades and.tactical scan). Not.sure how useful the class is but the raeger is great at.close range.

How is the.valiant compared to the krysae?

Bisnic

just got the Reegar Carbine. Dear lord!

10A5V.gif

Cat Party

Finally got a raeger carbine and a valiant sniper along with a male quarian (the one with grenades and.tactical scan). Not.sure how useful the class is but the raeger is great at.close range.

How is the.valiant compared to the krysae?

Take it for a spin. Pick an infiltrator class, add piercing, and go to work. You'll be amazed at how quickly you can pile up headshots. Unlike the Krysae, you have to aim it, but it shoots and reloads very quickly, with minimal kick.

The male Quarian Infiltrator is good. Arc grenades explode on impact (I suck with grenades that don't do this), and tactical scan helps the whole team if you spec it to sweep for enemies.

Definitely.

Gotta try it with a Krogan or a Vorcha.

Hey just got it up to level 2 :lol

Use it with the new Cerberus Vanguard, there's a small glitch which makes the class super powerful -

1) Start firing the Reegar at your target from a safe distance

2) While still holding RT, perform the Smash power at the same time by pressing LB

3) Even though it shows the Smash animation, it is also firing and reloading the Reegar for you

4) By the time the Smash animation has completed, your whole clip has been spent and reloaded.

Not sure if this works for all classes, but I do know it works for the new Vanguard with the Smash power.

Top Bottom