• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of the city you live in

Status
Not open for further replies.

soco

close to the edge said:
415560858_3cced0fc41_o.jpg

(part of) My university

i used to walk by that so many times a week. lived a little further down the wiedner hauptstrasse for a few years and then just up on the linke wienzeile.

god i love that city.

Small crappy place :(

PodgoricaOverview.jpg

Lot has been built over the years and it's still expanding I guess, but it's kinda unplanned and it looks fugly. No order, different shapes, colors, places etc...
Podgorica, Montenegro.

I have a place at sea side town Budva and I'll probably be moving there at fall to stay for longer periods of time...
BudvaCG.jpg

Place went bazinga from russian money so it changed a bit, lots of new buildings and tons of stuff being built, more russians:)D) and richer people.

DieH@rd

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
Come on man. I've been to Ogden a ton of times. It's not that bad. Certainly not bad enough to be embarrassed to show a picture of it.

Yeah, you're right. I like the mountains. Its a pretty bad city though.

iamblades

Louisville, Kentucky:

PEpPh.jpg

SEjqU.jpg

X8KtG.jpg

They knocked down at least half the city's historic downtown during the 60's and 70's, and are still trying to pave over the rest of it with interstate highways...

It has it's charms though.

Magni

Laughing Banana said:
I bet none of you have ever heard of this place, ever (GASP! Not in Europe or US! :lol )

Bandung:

Bandung Conference, 1955? We study that in 9th grade History and again in 12th grade history over here (France).

Meadows

Banned
Grew up in:

Warrington, Cheshire, England

932028-The_Skittles_in_Warrington_Town_Centre-Warrington.jpg

Nearest city:

Manchester, Greater Manchester, England

0405_manchester_skyline_2007.jpg

Current uni city:

York, North Yorkshire, England

york-minster.jpg

100887_832e613c.jpg

Current home town:

Llandudno, Conwy, Wales

llandudno-pier-christopher-rowlands.jpg

Parl

CaramaC said:
Mansfield,
Nottinghamshire
....in the UK

Mansfield%20Roller%20Shutters.jpg
I live 3 miles away...

Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire.
2unyfpi.jpg

So bizzare to scroll around looking at Seattle, Rio, Sydney, and other far out world cities with the odd Belfast, then see a very familiar picture of Mansfield market.

Laughing Banana said:
I bet none of you have ever heard of this place, ever (GASP! Not in Europe or US! )

Bandung:

Well, if it wasn't for this little conference which constitutes a milestone of 20th century worldwide political history, no, I probably wouldn't have ever heard of it :lol.

Red Scarlet

Trent Strong said:
You trolling fucks. All of you live in big cities? No way. Where are the Springfields, the Greenbow Alabamas, the Shelbyvilles? Also, most of these European cities are amazing. America is ugly.

I'm in a town with about 2000 people, but there wouldn't be any worthwhile pictures. There's 1 stoplight, and a couple restaurants.

Concept17 said:
vfiles23552.jpg

Billings, MT

I basically live in a slightly more civilized area of Red Dead Redemption. =(

Woo, used to go to school there.

Go Rimrock Mall.

caramac

Parl said:
I live 3 miles away...

Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire.

So bizzare to scroll around looking at Seattle, Rio, Sydney, and other far out world cities with the odd Belfast, then see a very familiar picture of Mansfield market.

Yeah l bet, l was born in Rainworth and now live in Mansfield Woodhouse, l usually try to avoid going into Mansfield unless l really have to..........l believe the market has gone downhill a bit of late, l always remember being dragged round it by my mum as a kid. I hated it.

SmokyDave

-Eddman- said:
Everybody is posting cute pics, I'm going to change things a little bit with a pic from the horrible, chaotic, yet lovable Mexico City. This is my school, the first and most important journalism school in the country, and yeah, we're right in the back door of one of the most popular tabloids, "La Prensa".

nnqxsj.jpg

No joke, this is my school... :(
That VW Beetle in the top left corner looks sweet.

AnkitT

Noida, India
My college campus:
Rise_by_Complete_Idiot.jpg

Work_by_Complete_Idiot.jpg

One of the largest malls in Asia, The Great India Place(Background):
Morning_by_Complete_Idiot.png

And thats about it.

Morbid Angel said:
Rhodes, Greece
Ooh, that takes me back. I had an awesome vacation on Rhodes. Looking at the areal photo I can point out all the places I've been to.

Q: aren't the inhabitants of Rhodes annoyed by all the tourists? Or are the tourists welcome because it's the main source of income for most of the islanders?

andycapps

bucknuticus said:
Sinner!

I've lived in a Columbus Suburb my whole life, but near the OSU campus has been my home past 3 years.

Haha I can't help it, born and bred a Georgia Bulldog and went to school there. Since I don't want just more text, I'll throw in some more pictures of Columbus and show people it's really not that bad in Ohio (unless you're in Cinci or Cleveland)

This is from the Short North, district in Columbus known for art galleries, bars, good restaurants, etc. Once a month there is a gallery hop which is where the art galleries stay open until 2 AM I think and there are tons of people out and local musicians out on the street. Those overhead lights on the arches actually change colors too. they start out typical white, then go through colors of blue, green, purple, etc.

02871_lr2.jpg

We also supposedly have the #1 zoo in the country, which is probably largely due to this man, Jack Hannah.

jack-hannah.jpg

We just recently got polar bears there, and I was there last weekend with family as we have a membership but forgot to bring my camera. So here are some generic polar bear pictures instead.

polar-bears-at-columbus-zoo-picture.jpg

We also have this place, Thurman Cafe, which has some of the best hamburgers you'll ever have. I had one for the first time a few weeks ago and it changed my life. If you can ever check this place out, do yourself a favor and do so. Be prepared to wait an hour or so though as it's very busy.

20070401thurmans-thumb.jpg

This is the Thurminator (obviously named after Arnold). I recommend not getting this, but getting the Thurman Burger. That's a 3/4 pound patty, some sliced ham, grilled onions, 2 kinds of cheese, onions, tomatoes, and pickles. Will change your life.

thurmanator.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Boulder, CO

29th_Street_Mall_Boulder_CO.jpg

Easily one of the most awesome places on Earth I've lived (and I've lived in a lot of places)

Souldriver said:
Q: aren't the inhabitants of Rhodes annoyed by all the tourists? Or are the tourists welcome because it's the main source of income for most of the islanders?

Yeah the economy is tourist-oriented. We had some issues with tourists (mostly in Faliraki) but most of them don't behave badly.

thetrin said:
Boulder, CO

http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/data/507/29th_Street_Mall_Boulder_CO.jpg[IMG]

Easily one of the most awesome places on Earth I've lived (and I've lived in a lot of places)[/QUOTE]

I went to CU:Boulder briefly:D

Lived in Denver for a good majority of my life.

andycapps

Rubezh said:
How is it possible to even physically eat and digest this? Maybe piece by piece?

I don't know, honestly. The guy from Man vs. Food went there and tried to do it in a set amount of time. Nobody really gets that because, yeah, it's almost impossible to eat. They have about 15-20 other burgers to choose from, but like I said, the Thurman Burger is the one to get.

EschatonDX said:
070921_arch.jpg

saint-louis.jpg

3724399-Statue_of_Saint_Louis-Saint_Louis.jpg

St. Louis, Missouri.

A city that is in deep need of cultural revival, and honestly needs a facelift overall. STL disappoints me sometimes, because I feel like we could rival Chicago as the greatest city in the Midwest. At one point, we were a more relevant city.... But I still love it, crazy weather and all.

I miss the old Busch Stadium. So iconic.

While I've lived in Columbus, OH most of my life, I was born in St. Louis and visit family there regularly. I love the city, but you're right, it gets crazy hot in the summer. Gooey butter cake for life!

Wiggum2007

Yeah screw you people complaining about how boring your city is, I grew up in a town of 2000 people in frikkin' Iowa. :lol

I've been spending the last few days in this town:

(got a room in the building on the right)

(sorry for crappy quality, equipment is sub-hd)

red-dead-redemption-playstation-3-p.jpg

Otherwise I live in the fine city of Paris, France, in this neighbourhood :

Gare_de_Lyon.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Cmagus said:
Niagara Falls , Canada

That's just the tourist area. Show us the REAL Niagara Falls!

Niagara Falls, Ontario.. is a pretty nice town.. nothing like Niagara Falls, New York.. which is basically one nice park and a bunch of buildings falling apart.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bologna, Italy
Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna

0juX0.jpg

Yes, it's where the ragù alla bolognese (what you call bologna) came from. To English speakers, the correct pronounce should be ball-ou-nya or something like that.
Medieval town, home to one of the oldest universities around (founded in 1088). Even today it looks straight out of Assassin's Creed 2, and considering how it was an important political and cultural center and it was famous of its huge amount of towers I'm still flabbergasted it wasn't in the game.

GUbzB.png

The Two Towers. Yeah, that's how they're called.
Speaking of Assassin's Creed, the tallest one looks totally climbable.
One of the local urban legends says you can't graduate if you go on its top (from the inside, lol).

daRUj.png

Piazza del Nettuno, with Piazza Maggiore in the background. The two most important piazzas in town.
Fun fact few people outside the locals know: if you look at the Neptune statue from a certain angle, his left thumb will look like an erected penis. Yes, it's intentional. It was the sculptor's "fuck you" to his commissioners, who forced him to give Neptune smaller genitals.
EDIT: Best picture I could find of this "Easter egg": http://imgur.com/EvlmF.png

Sallokin

Utrecht GAF are making me homesick. I was born there.

Scandinavia GAF are making me jealous. So beautiful.

Anyway here we are, Colorado Springs, Colorado

colorado%20springs.jpg

Colorado%20Springs.jpg

Air Force Academy

air-force.jpg

Such a great town to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom