• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Stampy

Apparently, the Tearaway Vita bundle is gonna be a Amazon.de cybermonday deal tomorrow at 20:15 CET for everyone in Europe who is on the fence. The bundle price is currently at €169.

vitawiiu_zps499a254d.jpg

how long do these deals last, and what is the usual discount?

Tizoc

At first I was turned off by the touch and rear pad controls of the game..but in due time I overlooked and am having fun.

One thing though does the game have multiple saves or only 1 save?
Cuz I'd like to let my younger relatives play this whenever they come over to visit.

Edgeward

How to people deal with the flap on the middle of Iota's head when customizing? The layers always get wonky for me when trying to do something. =\

Is it possible to upload photos from your vita through the vita's web browser?

Like going to one of the image sites and uploading directly from your vita - instead of plugging in your vita to your computer, using content manager to transfer then uploading.

baekshi

Banned
Is it possible to upload photos from your vita through the vita's web browser?

Like going to one of the image sites and uploading directly from your vita - instead of plugging in your vita to your computer, using content manager to transfer then uploading.

You can try twitter or flickr app. Not sure if you can use minus or imgur to upload through the browser.

Pheidias

I'm amazed at the prices on some games for the vita I paid 208 sek ~ 23€ on PSN for this! Cheapest retail prize is 298sek ~ 34€

This is how you get people to go digital on day one! (where is that 64GB card sony?)

Love the vita!

Loving this game so far, have a huge grin the whole time playing.
Quick question, can someone advise how far through I am, just started the
Crash Site
section.

Thanks

the3ye

Thats normal- enjoy
Actually, that's not normal. NA Trial & Unlock doesn't have or want to get a patch (it's still 1.0). If you buy it straight from the PSN store, instead of unlocking it in trial, it still shows as T&U. Retail version downloads patch without a problem. EU PSN version doesn't show up as Trial & Unlock (even after unlocking the trial) and there's 1.01 patch.

Redhood

Actually, that's not normal. NA Trial & Unlock doesn't have or want to get a patch (it's still 1.0). If you buy it straight from the PSN store, instead of unlocking it in trial, it still shows as T&U. Retail version downloads patch without a problem. EU PSN version doesn't show up as Trial & Unlock (even after unlocking the trial) and there's 1.01 patch.

This! I have digital version and no 1.01 patch for me either. Can someone with US retail copy check whether the game patches or not?

nampad

The deal lasts until the stock runs out which is pretty fast so you have to be there right on time.
Their cybermonday promotion has good discounts, can't tell you how much to expect for the bundle though because it is alteady pretty cheap.

Skyzard

Banned
I think the game is awesome. My new favorite PS Vita (previous was Gravity Rush).

There was more platforming than I thought there would be in the game. I was surprised by the voice over story telling as well. I think the information they put out in trailers was good, it left a lot of things out that makes the game great.

It was interesting to see them drop certain things, like trying to trap windigos
. And seemingly losing focus on them in general.

So you've completed it and they aren't there? Aww, was looking forward to that.

a5ku0f.gif

^ Nope?

I bought the game off the store, I didn't download the trial first then unlocked it, but it still says trial and unlock, plus there's no patch available. :/

I'm on 1.00.

Not long, if its a very good deal I'd say it may last less than an hour.
Since the bundle is right now 169€, I'd say it'll be at least 149€ or cheaper.

But don't forget that Amazon.de also has a Killzone Bundle with Vita(3G), 8GB mem card and Killzone for 169€, which is also a pretty good deal, even better than the Tearaway bundle since Tearaway is only 25€ anyways.

SmokyDave

Completed this over the weekend (not 100% yet though). Fucking wow. A pleasure from start to end. I'm not normally a fan of platformers, but this was something else.

So glad I got the soundtrack bundle.

genbatzu

Apparently, the Tearaway Vita bundle is gonna be a Amazon.de cybermonday deal tomorrow at 20:15 CET for everyone in Europe who is on the fence. The bundle price is currently at €169.

vitawiiu_zps499a254d.jpg

it lasts 2hours, but if 100% are reserved you only can join a waiting list in case someone is cancelling their reservation.

discount can be anything... from -10% to -80%(highly unlikely). on electronic stuff it takes seconds till the deals are gone, so don't think, just reserve it and think later ;P

Dougald

Bought this blind on a whim and I really am glad I did.

I just can't believe that the game makes use of every single feature on the Vita (especially the back touchpad which until now I always believed to be pointless), and does it in a way that doesn't feel gimmicky or forced. It's like the console has just been sat around waiting for this game to come out for the last few years.

I feel the graphical style will ensure the game remains visually timeless in the same way that the Wind Waker is. My only real complaint is I am not a huge fan of the combat (yet).

Completed it today. Wonderful, wonderful game. I was in awe of its presentation the entire time - haven't felt this way since The Neverhood. The actual platforming really picks up towards the end, too, which was nice. Finished at around 85%, I'll go back to it one day and hunt down the remaining bits and pieces.

vQzFhFz.jpg

9LB56EP.jpg

ahVBLJn.jpg

KetF3sT.jpg

Game should come to ps4

Nah, there's no way it'd work on PS4.

co1onel

So you've completed it and they aren't there? Aww, was looking forward to that.

^ Nope?

This was so weird to me. I was playing the game and I kept wondering when that whole sequence was coming up, and well if never did. There was a ton of gameplay there, or at least in the previews there were. I wonder why they decided to take it all out.

Skyzard

Banned
This was so weird to me. I was playing the game and I kept wondering when that whole sequence was coming up, and well if never did. There was a ton of gameplay there, or at least in the previews there were. I wonder why they decided to take it all out.

If it's for DLC I can deal with it...I guess.

Otherwise, scary? Challenging? Being lame? Bit grumpy about it as I really liked what I'd seen of it and was also expecting it further on.

They shouldn't have shown it so much and then taken it off.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I just can't believe that the game makes use of every single feature on the Vita (especially the back touchpad which until now I always believed to be pointless), and does it in a way that doesn't feel gimmicky or forced.

Putting your face into the sun, recording your voice at specific points of time seem gimmicky to me; moving the barell-like platform while trying to stay on top of it feels forced or at least awkward. However, Tearaway's use of all Vita features sure is impressive.

Elvick

Banned
Anyone know where 2 confetti in Wendigo Fissure could be? I can't find 2. ):

I'm just going to say... that the trophy for knocking over 6 stacked Scraps is bullshit.

There's only one place to do it, and the stupid things die on a blade of grass/leaf and they die on the wall. ._.

Ugg...

I'm just going to say... that the trophy for knocking over 6 stacked Scraps is bullshit.

There's only one place to do it, and the stupid things die on a blade of grass/leaf and they die on the wall. ._.

Ugg...

I was also searching for final confetti in WF, I found them eventually towards the end when using the backpad bouncing up high with the drums, make sure you have collected all those and not just missed one as they aren't obvious like they would be if they were at floor level.

co1onel

Ugg...

I was going to direct you to the PS3 trophies topic, but I see you already posted there.

Skyzard

Banned
Now that I watch that again, I see that some parts of that level made it into other levels though.

Actually I recognize a ton of that terrain and the areas. I'm guessing that must have been a really early demo now.

argh :/ (less likely they were saving it for dlc) sounds like it just got canned

Elvick

Banned
I was also searching for final confetti in WF, I found them eventually towards the end when using the backpad bouncing up high with the drums, make sure you have collected all those and not just missed one as they aren't obvious like they would be if they were at floor level.

Thanks, I feel like an idiot... it was these first two drums. :\ I guess I didn't land on them the million times I went through this level, and I didn't notice them until you mentioned drums. Which made me slow to a crawl to check them all. :|

... xP

Gaf, I'm in Japan on a holiday with the girlfriend. I'm currently playing Gravity Rush during any downtime (thanks, PS+), but I have Tearaway downloaded as of a few days ago and I am busting to play it. My dilemma is that I feel this game could be quite the special experience and my brain is telling me to wait to play it completely unencumbered by anything and everything, i.e. not on a noisy train/plane, or with time constraints looming over my head, etc.

What say you?

Skyzard

Banned
Gaf, I'm in Japan on a holiday with the girlfriend. I'm currently playing Gravity Rush during any downtime (thanks, PS+), but I have Tearaway downloaded as of a few days ago and I am busting to play it. My dilemma is that I feel this game could be quite the special experience and my brain is telling me to wait to play it completely unencumbered by anything and everything, i.e. not on a noisy train/plane, or with time constraints looming over my head, etc.

What say you?

I say wait, unless you have really good earphone things.

Top Bottom