• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Origins |OT| A Far Cry From Historical Fact

Hexer06

Been playing for about 2 hours now and I'm loving it so far. Looks pretty rough compared to the 4k videos of the X that I saw, but that's okay. Can't wait for the X patch so I can play this in its rightful beauty.

Thx for making this OT btw. :D

Vkandrew

So excited to dive in! My wife bought it for me digitally but said I can’t play until my birthday on Saturday, so I’m playing the waiting game :/

Beast OTa, honestly they could at times be toned down (remember that one, forgot which game it was that was well overboard and the mods had to ask for a change?)

I am not just saying that, but some are a bit over done but yeah it's fine.

I have only played black and really got tired of it, is this going to be another roam, fetchathon? I know nothing of this title other than seeing a part of the trailer and its basic premise.

xrnzaaas

I haven't advanced that far yet, but I don't get how some reviews are saying the game has good side quests. Most of them are boring and kinda the same - kill someone, rescue someone, retrieve something, investigate the area.

Also I miss the silky smooth moveset of Aloy, the character controls sometimes are really janky and controlling chariots is pretty much a nightmare even with "autopilot".

ST2K

Would love to hear reports on base PS4 peformance, as I heard some negative early impressions.

Fonds

Picking up my copy tonight, pretty psyched actually.

Weirdly enough the ACG review is what convinced me. Even though he rated it as a 'wait for sale'.
The aspects that he described as major improvements in combat and exploration are the things I like most about these games. Not too bothered with the story anyway and the massive open world just looks too tempting to pass on.

Downloading now, but it's 1:30 AM here in Los Angeles...and STRANGER THINGS is out now and I'll be binge watching that Friday night.

To be fair I may not be able to play until Saturday night.

Klocker

Who gives a shit what other sites are doing for fucks sake.

Back OT, this game is pretty cool to me so far. Graphics are really good for an old Xbox. Lighting without HDR even, is well done. The textures and animations are strong suit with a little Jank.

I'm digging the exploration, new fighting mechanics, progression trees etc and it feels comfortably familiar, yet fresh.

Waiting for X to dive to deep. Which reminds me swimming is cool and water looks unreal.

gossi

One thing I will say - the graphics on Xbox One are surprisingly great - the frame rate less so. At times it really suffers. Can't wait for Xbox One X, this is one title which clearly needs more horsepower.

Shari

Played yesterday for an hour, pretty enjoyable.

I just have one question, is there any way (or planned) to be able to modify UI elements in a detailed way? I want a mix between light and minimal and can't actually personalize the UI or didn't find a way.

I would like to have "minimal" UI preset with health bars. The UI in "light" is too much, the top bar, the detailed quest information, it's just too busy for my taste and such a pity because this game is gorgeous.

AGITΩ

Anyone playing it on an OG ps4?
I wonder what the performance is like.
not too many issues on my side, but i have noticed really bad cursor controls, where it would either lag or cause my controller to turn off until i press the ps button. Is this just me? has happened twice in the 4 hours i played.

Jacob4815

Played yesterday for an hour, pretty enjoyable.

I just have one question, is there any way (or planned) to be able to modify UI elements in a detailed way? I want a mix between light and minimal and can't actually personalize the UI or didn't find a way.

I would like to have "minimal" UI preset with health bars. The UI in "light" is too much, the top bar, the detailed quest information, it's just too busy for my taste and such a pity because this game is gorgeous.

What's the difference between "minimal" and "light"?

Theorry

SmallConcernedLemur-size_restricted.gif

Shari

What's the difference between "minimal" and "light"?

Light still has many hud elements like the navigation bar on the top, a quest tracker on the left hand side and generally lots of on-screen information.

Minimal fixes that while also taking away health bars, damage indicators, enemies levels, etc which makes it hard to play.

I'd like to have a mix of those modes but I dont know if further customization is available, I didn't find it myself.

Can anyone confirm if the low FPS on distant animations is present on all versions? Watched the Jimpressions video and it really stood out. Not sure what platform he was using though.

valkyre

Pretty crazy that this is such a big release and we cant even fill one page of feedback...well maybe not so crazy...

Jacob4815

Light still has many hud elements like the navigation bar on the top, a quest tracker on the left hand side and generally lots of on-screen information.

Minimal fixes that while also taking away health bars, damage indicators, enemies levels, etc which makes it hard to play.

I'd like to have a mix of those modes but I dont know if further customization is available, I didn't find it myself.

Sadly, I think that it's not possible.There was an other user complaining about the lack of customization. It's very disappointing.

Does the "minimal" setting remove the white glares around the NPC? I hate them from the beginning of the saga.

Shari

Sadly, I think that it's not possible.There was an other user complaining about the lack of customization. It's very disappointing.

Does the "minimal" setting remove the white glares around the NPC? I hate them from the beginning of the saga.

Yes it does. It's the best setting to be honest if not for not being able to see you health, enemies health or level.

Ethranes

waw, just comparing reseteras OT's with GAFs now really shows the effects of the last week. Thought GAF would still be strongest for gaming related content, guess not. Game looks great btw

Ethranes

You talking about resetera?

yeah, I'm on the fence about which one to use for my gaming news. Maybe it's just because it's the first week so people are putting in the work. But ResetEras topics and OTs are by far better than GAF's (so far) for all the new game releases.

yeah, I'm on the fence about which one to use for my gaming news. Maybe it's just because it's the first week so people are putting in the work. But ResetEras topics and OTs are by far better than GAF's (so far) for all the new game releases.

Yeah seems all the people who were into doing those elaborate ot's jumped ship. I'll probs join the fun when they have open sign ups.

Jelle

I totally forgot this game came out. Bought it instantly, I always greatly enjoy the touristy aspect of the Creed games.

Top Bottom