• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news (June 13, 2007)

Dali said:
This doesn't hold up as a legit reason not to port. People have already proven that they will eat reprocessed shit for dinner if it is Wiireleased.
Did I just coin that? I want a nickel every time someone uses it if so.

Sorry dude. Google gives two legit uses of it.

I am at work. Don't look at me like that!

Dali

PuppetSlave said:
Sorry dude. Google gives two legit uses of it.

I am at work. Don't look at me like that!

awn community said:
But if they're in demand, they can charge what they want. I found Wario Land 2 (used) at GameStop for $9.95 a few days ago. Expect it to cost much more per Wiireleased game.

wctin.com said:
a collection of pictures and video from around the netof smashed up tvs and related injuries to the nintendo wiireleased just one week agowhat

Those were both typos, with the space between Wii and released omitted unintentionally. Hells yeah, I coined something that will now be used ad nauseum due to third party's laziness and consumer's endorsement of said laziness.

Defensor said:
I see two cameras above the TV:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070613/nbga1.htm
nbga102.jpg

nbga103.jpg

Ah, I see. the placement of that front handle and analog stick is for the FPS mode for the Crisis Mission/Mission Mode. There's the preview for the orange colored Guncon3 the US version of Time Crisis 4 will be bundled with :-/ Importing the black Guncon3 all the way.

WHO player Ace Combat 6??? impressions please

jarrod

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Beautiful Katamari was there too, being shown off on Xbox 360. Up to 4 players can compete online together. Since it took place in San Francisco I imagine there will be some more in depth impressions later today from the American websites.
Hott!

Slightly OT, but I noticed EDGE mentioned a version of BK was headed to Wii too this month, in the PS360 hype article. They said it being previously a rumor but now confirmed, but maybe they got some wires crossed?

jarrod

Banned
test_account said:
Now that there is an official (?) lightgun for PS3 i hope they do an arcade port of House of the Dead 4 too :)
It's possible... SEGA *did* support Guncon 2 iirc. I think it'll depend on how TC4 *and* Ghost Squad sell though...

test_account

XP-39C²
jarrod said:
It's possible... SEGA *did* support Guncon 2 iirc. I think it'll depend on how TC4 *and* Ghost Squad sell though...

I hope they sell well then :) TC4 is the one game i'm definitly going to get when i buy a PS3.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
neo2046 said:
Tekken 5 DR ONLINE (PS3, PSN download)
-- 2800 Yen, 1000 yen if people has downloaded the previous Tekken
-- FREE online match
-- online ranking
-- date are not decided yet

Time Crisis 4 (PS3, 2007)
-- Guncon 3 also revealed
-- AC mode 100% port
-- Mission mode: Rush will be the main character
vedy nice, vedy vedy nice. :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
UltimaPooh said:
What? Why isn't Time Crisis coming to 360 as well?
Why isn't Ace Combat 6 coming to PS3 as well?

Could they pull a "switch-a-roo" in 08? Meaning release the games again, but on opposite consoles.

Bad_Boy said:

Could they pull a "switch-a-roo" in 08? Meaning release the games again, but on opposite consoles.

Wasn't AC6 confirmed to be just a timed exclusive?

We just need to wait for TC4 to be confirmed as a timed exclusive as well.

Bad_Boy said:

It was my understanding that Ace Combat 6 is a timed exclusive. If it turns out to be the same for Time Crisis 4 along with the Guncon 3. I can live with that.

UltimaPooh said:
It was my understanding that Ace Combat 6 is a timed exclusive. If it turns out to be the same for Time Crisis 4 along with the Guncon 3. I can live with that.

And 360 owners love their peripherals, Namco! Run the numbers!

:lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So AC6 pulling a RR6->RR7, lol. I figured that, but I never knew it was confirmed. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if TC4 pulled the same thing.

hey, did we ever find out what the hell those mysterious NAMCO games with the amazing graphics were?

Those scans popped up a few months ago... and some believed them to be a series of cinematic QTE games, but I don't recall anything concrete being mentioned about them?

Trevelyan

Banned
Monster Hunter Frontier is a PC MMO? Too bad it was beaten by about 4 years: FFXI endgame.

But omg at T5:DR finally getting online. Can't wait to crack some skulls.

neo2046

TheJollyCorner said:
hey, did we ever find out what the hell those mysterious NAMCO games with the amazing graphics were?

Those scans popped up a few months ago... and some believed them to be a series of cinematic QTE games, but I don't recall anything concrete being mentioned about them?
they are fake
those concept arts seem some kind of related to Namco
but the whole articles are fake and are just photoshopped by someone

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Why is Monster Hunter for PC and not for PSP ?

Don't you mean PS3? I thought it was announced some time again..... oh well. I'm still happy about an online Tekken DR.

The news in this week's Famitsu has been very good. :D

Kafel

Banned
Thx neo. o/

I'm sure Pokemon Dungeon 2 will be a big hit with its online mode, even if they kept the cheap 2D of the first game.

Who tried it ? Is it any good ?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
jarrod said:
I think this bolds well for Space Adventure Cobra: The Arcade for PS3 :)
Viva Guncon3!

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
ethelred said:
Except in the next question he goes on to say that he doesn't really think those kinds of long games would be fun with the controller.

No, I'm not taking anything out of context (the interview's right there, quotes are being copied and pasted, and it's for all the world to see, context-intact), and nor am I projecting my own opinions onto it. Sorry, but Inaba is quite clear in his disregard for the controller -- you can choose to ignore that if you like in the hopes that he secretly lurves it, but that doesn't change things.

It's funny that you say I'm just projecting my opinion onto Inaba -- I think Inaba is wrong. I disagree with him. His opinion is not shared by me! But he's still entitled to it, and he's expressing it as clearly as he can within the context of being polite and not making any offensive Itagakesque remarks that could potentially burn him in the future.

Did you even read the entire answer? He says they would've had to think about it... and then he goes on to think it out, and he concludes that the idea of playing a long action-adventure/RPG game with the Wii controller doesn't sound very fun!

"It's something to think about" is a polite Japanese non-answer that can hardly be taken as anything -- he uses the exact same answer when asked if the team will use different structures ("There's a lot of thinking that has to be done"), whether they'll try new gameplay concepts ("It is something we want them to think about"). It means nothing. His statements that he doesn't think Okami would've been fun on the Wii and that you can't design a game for a controller are the remarks where any fair reader needs to place the weight. This subsequent news that he intends to make a big game and focus on multiplatform (IE, PS360) is only further confirmation of his stance.

But go on, keep believing that every developer all the world 'round really loves the Wii just because of how it's doing on NPD.

Suda's also said he's got a 360 project, but you're right, fair enough -- while I think it's highly improbable we'll ever see Inaba or Kamiya on the Wii, there's a very good chance Mikami could develop something on it.
To be fair to you I should have said that your opinion wasn't about the system itself but its image among developers.

If you had claimed that he "was unsure about Wii" or "not sold on the concept" I would have agreed with you, but you went further than that. You're trying to paint him as being fundamentally opposed to making a game for Wii. The only thing he did say was that if he had a game idea that could be enhanced by the Wii he would make it for it.

Even if his team never makes a game for Wii, you would still be wrong about what he said here.

tanod

when is my burrito
Woot for Folklore scores! How did Genji review, btw?

Isn't this game scheduled for October in NA?

Jamesfrom818 said:
Crisis Core is a sequel right? So why does Yuffie look like she's about the same age as her Final Fantasy 7 self? Crazy Japanese cosmetics?

Crisis Core is a prequel to FF7 that follows Zack and Sephiroth.

linsivvi

Defensor said:
I think this bolds well for Space Adventure Cobra: The Arcade for PS3 :)
Viva Guncon3!

TC4 was a much superior lightgun game though. Even Ghost Squad was better.

And while we are at it, how come nobody mentioned Konami? World Combat and Wartran Trooper are among the best lightgun games we had in the past few years...

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
tanod said:
I thought lightgun tech (re: TC4) didn't work on HDTVs. Am I wrong?
Hence the whole *mount two cameras to your TV* requirement for the Guncon3

tanod

when is my burrito
olubode said:
Hence the whole *mount two cameras to your TV* requirement for the Guncon3

Cool, it would be nice if that was in the OP. It's kind of an important detail.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah, Dragona, you should have changed while the nuns were still striking people with rulers.

Top Bottom