• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Performance Thread

noomi

GgB4qHy.jpg

** I am no longer updating this thread, most links are not current and outdated, God Speed ***

Latest Graphics Drivers:

Title Updates:
Version: 1.28
Released: 7/08
Notes: Link

GeForce Guide:

Game Specifications:
Minimum Specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended Specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Graphics Options:

Benchmarks:
GPU (1080p - 2x MSAA):
hxPSruC.png

GPU (4K - 2x MSAA):
ncYDETt.png

GPU (VRAM Usage - 2x MSAA):
IjrDBcv.png

Source

Tips, Tricks & Tweaks:
- Issues with mouse movement? Camera seems to judder/stutter? Try this! | Link
- Flawless Widescreen now works with GTAV | Source *Use with caution, game might think it is a cheat and ban you.
- To improve performance, while in-game alt-tab out, go into Task Manager, find the process for GTAV, set priority to high.
- If you are having an issue with 59Hz and not able to select 60Hz refresh rate, check this post. | Link
- You can use ReShade with SweetFX to add Post Processing effects to your game. | Guide | Download
- Adding a large amount of music to Self Radio can stop your game from loading and also impact in-game performance.
- You can use SweetFX as a alternative form of anti-aliasing, it has a very small impact to performance | Link
- Current system hogs are Grass set to Ultra, MSAA, and Shadows. Try lowering these settings to improve performance.
- You can install/move the game files to an SSD for faster loading times | Steam Mover
- Problem Installing? Check this

*** Some of these fixes are outdated and have already been addressed by Rockstar ***

Tools:
- MSI Afterburner | Monitoring & Overclocking | Link
- EVGA Precision | Monitoring & Overclocking | Link
- HWInfo | Monitoring | Link
- Nvidia Inspector | Modify Nvidia Graphics Settings | Link
- Fraps | Benchmark & Capture | Link

*** Please use tools with caution, do not overclock unless you know what you are doing, you could potentially damage your system. ***
*** FRAPS is a safe tool for basic FPS Monitoring and Game Capture ***

Links:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:
7/08
- New patch today (1.28)
- Updated op with latest graphics drivers

6/10
- New patch today (1.27)
- Updated op with latest graphics drivers

4/30
- New patch today

4/21
- Andy's GeForce Guide is here and added to the OP! Thanks Andy! | Source
- New patch out today

4/17
- New patch out today | Source

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shout out to my favorite community on NeoGaf! <3 you DGAF!

UnrealEck

I'll let you guys with old/budget hardware know how it runs on my machine.
I killed some of my memory and my GPU is being repaired.

I'm now on a GTX 460 and 4GB of RAM so we'll see how it goes.

Enco

I really want to see performance on a low end 1GB card.

Time to see if the long ass delay has been worth it.

Corpekata

Banned
Nvidia reps on twitter have been saying a new driver aimed at the game should be popping up today. Hopefully before the release.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Subscribed.

EDIT:

Specs I'm going to test with tomorrow:

i7 3770k stock (likely overclocking again if I can't max it.)
2x780 GTX SLI
16GB RAM

Nzyme32

Well I have the below min spec covered. I'll be testing tomorrow on a 1gb gt525m, 4gb ram, i5-2430m 2.3ghz

Haha

jet1911

I really want to see performance on a low end 1GB card.

Time to see if the long ass delay has been worth it.

Can't wait to see some GTX560 benchmark. If it turns out to be a good port I'll probably triple dip just for playing with m/kb.

Tovarisc

I wonder how my i5 750 @ 3,8GHz would deal with this game, not sure how it ranks against recommended CPUs. Other than that I have 8GB of RAM and GTX760 so those would be fine.

nkarafo

I hope i can run this at 60fps / 1080p with semi-high settings or with graphics similar to ps4 version at worst.

i5 4670 stock
16 gb Ram
GTX 960

LilJoka

I hope i can crank this up to close to max, with 2xAA on my 970 at 1080p60. Overclock at 1560Mhz core and 7900Mhz memory gives me GTX 980 performance.

Corpekata

Banned
I wonder how my i5 750 @ 3,8GHz would deal with this game, not sure how it ranks against recommended CPUs. Other than that I have 8GB of RAM and GTX760 so those would be fine.

Your CPU is above minimum but below recommended. It should be playable but probably not spectacular.

Madness

Imagine if next gen only was the baseline for GTA V and not consoles that were from 05 and 06. I was blown away by the Xbox 360 version, even more impressed seeing the PS4/Xbone versions, can't wait to see what the maxed and high level PC settings are like. Trying to find videos or streams but I'm not sure too many have it yet.

Seanspeed

Banned
My plan is to see what I can do at 1080p for a mostly consistent 60fps, and then maybe see if I can dial things back a bit to hit 1440p/60fps with still reasonable settings.

3570k@4.2Ghz
MSI GTX970
8GB RAM
Windows 7

Still amazed at the number of options and settings.

Human_me

970 + i5 4670k here. Holding my breath for 2560x1080 ultra at stable 60fps.

Same but with a i7 4790k.

Give me that juicey 21:9 goodness!

However I doubt we will be able to max the game out on our 970's @ 60fps.
We will most likely have to knock down AA to 2x and not have TXAA or PCSS.
Along with a few other bits and bobs (Tessellation, Reflection AA, Distance sliders.)

It depends on how stable you want your 60fps I guess.

will be testing tomorrow - 970, 8gb RAM, i5 4670K @ 3.6ghz

Hoping for good frames at 1080p and playable at 4K but we shall see

MetalSlug

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2.8Ghz
GTX 570 1.2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64 Bit

Interested in seeing how good (or bad) GTA V performs on my system.

Seanspeed

Banned
I did a farewell run of the PS4 version yesterday and even that looks amazing. PC will blow your socks off.
I just played a tiny bit(just the Prologue) of the PS3 version this morning and despite the framerate, the graphics are still really impressive. I mean, it's got some technically weak aspects obviously, but the overall presentation is just superb from what little I've seen.

I just played a tiny bit(just the Prologue) of the PS3 version this morning and despite the framerate, the graphics are still really impressive. I mean, it's got some technically weak aspects obviously, but the overall presentation is just superb from what little I've seen.

GTA V and Ground Zeroes really, really pushed the PS3 IMO

Nugg

Do we know if there's a benchmark mode? I hate messing around with the settings during actual gameplay. It usually ruins the first half hour of the game for me, since I'm gonna be focused on performance so much.

I especially expect the (beginning of the game spoilers)
intro heist not to be representative of the real game since you're not in the city, and that countryside is probably less demanding. We'll probably have to mess with the settings again once the game *really* starts, and the first gameplay bit in the city is a high speed race, so it's gonna be annoying.

It's even more impressive when you compare it to GTA IV which was on the same console.

UrbanRats

nVidia drivers are mostly for Sli or the game in general? i mean, not like there's any downside in updating drivers, but i'm curious.

Top Bottom